Sign in to follow this  
zorrobyte

[Release][COOP] Dynamic War Sandbox by TAW_Zorrobyte (AI load balancing FTW)

It is a pleasure to rerelease the first ever Arma 3 61 player coop mission, Dynamic War Sandbox!

http://youtu.be/WBhSXDctY-g

dcslogo.jpg

Scenario:

US forces have been stationed in Stratis with the objective of clearing out the REDFOR occupation in areas of strategic importance. Papa Bear will inform BLUFOR of cleared areas by sending intel to your map.

Objective:

Clear out each red square so the map goes blue. Note: You may encounter enemy en-route, stay frosty!

Features:

CBA no longer required as of NG V2.

Built upon MSO: As one of the MSO developers I have based DWS off of the MSO framework for a majority of features If anything, DWS is a testbed for MSO where tested changes are backported.

Stability: I have tested this mission on a Dedicated Server without crashing for up to 8 hours with high playercount. I believe AI local to server causes crashes; however you may notice clients will crash out from time to time as AI is buggy by default and will take out the executable on which it is ran.

Team Killer Lock System: Teamkillers get blackscreen and controls locked, at higher TK levels the player is forced to wait until the point they must ALT+F4 from the game.

Insurgency style checkered squares over urban areas: Red=Enemy or unscouted; Green=Clear.

Tonic's Gear Dialog: Add gear via a nice dialog instead of spamming mission with ammobox scripts. DWS was the first mission to ever release with VAS.

Ambient air and boat traffic.

At one time DWS was popular. As it only took about 117 classname changes to port to A3, I take it as DWS wasn't popular enough for someone to port. In case you find yourself lonely, you can now recruit up to 7 AI from the TURDIS (portapot).

Many more not listed here. Features subject to change over next releases.

I now have GIT

https://bitbucket.org/zorrobyte/dws

Report bugs here

https://bitbucket.org/zorrobyte/dws/issues?status=new&status=open

Changelog:

v01 First release
v02-v05 Dev versions, not released
v06 Optimized, now getting 30+ server FPS. No more ammobox script, for now (issues)
v07-v13 Dev versions, not released (yes, been working on it a LOT)
v14 Fixed numerous bugs, too many to list. Added new features
v15-v17 Dev versions
v18 Completely fixed shotfire at base script, added HC slot if servers wish to use it (how-to coming soon, follow MSO's WiKi), added/updated Tonic's Gear Dialog, deletes items in ground every ~5 mins and other changes.
v18 - hotfix- Repacked and added HC no HC versions to clear confusion, delete old versions
v19-v24 Dev versions, not released
v25 Completely rewrote mission from the ground up. Cleaned up a lot of code, added briefings, added mission end if AI < 15, new UPSMON enemypop method and caching, hybrid headlessclient mode and much more!
v26-v27 Dev versions, not released
v28 Mission actually ends when AI less than 15, MP JIP Fasttime, Dynamic house lighting, tweaked base layout and slots, added enemy AI chopper patrols, VAS updated, tweaked BTC revive
v28 Hybrid/HC/noHC In response to reports of issues of antishoot not working after respawn and stuttering for certain users; I have compiled three different versions dependent on your intended server environment and fixed antishoot for each version.
NG V1 Rebase for Arma 3 BETA. New assets and gameplay. Now fully built upon the MSO framework.
NG V2 Hotfix for undefined errors from latest patch. Disabled ambient Air/Sea for now. Updated INS_revive, EOS

WIP:

Sidemission module

Bugs/Notes:

NG V1 is a test release, I walked away from Arma 3 after putting in 400 hours into DWS due to burnout. I'm back for BETA, report bugs!

Credits:

[KH]Jman for his Air Calvary mission for base layout - pre NG

Focht for his Seize ground mission for the insurgency style markers - pre NG

TAW_Tonic (the original creator of Wasteland) for scripting support, bulletshot base protection, BTC JIP fix and cuppycakes - pre NG

BTC for his revive script - pre NG

MSO Team for the MSO framework - pre/post NG

naong for the excellent INS Revive It has saved me so much time - NG

BangaBob for Enemy Occupation System. It seems like EOS was made for DWS :cool: -NG

Veterans Gaming for the southern base layout -NG

Licence and Disclaimer:

You are free to use my work provided you attribute credit to the original authors and redistribute derivatives of work under the same licence. Please see:

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

This licence may not cover included works from other authors such as: BTC Revive, [KH]Jman's base layout, MSO (they use an Apache Licence, Focht's insurgency style markers. Please check the URLs in the Credits section for applicable licence, if any.

I have used and redistributed included works by other authors in good faith for the benefit of the Arma community. If an issue may arise from the distribution of this software, please email the author at zorrobyte(at)taw(dot)net.

Attribution may be granted by placing or adding to a "credits.txt" file within any distributed files (in the compiled PBO or with the PBO in the archive) and displaying the author name and URL (if applicable) of the original works.

You are granted the ability to mirror or redistribute this file as you see fit.

Download NG V2:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dtus6pmztprej31/DWS_NG_v2.zip

Edited by zorrobyte
v25 update

Thank you. Sounds great, will test it out.

Updated with V06. v01 was getting 2-4 FPS. Now, V06 gets 30+ FPS server w/ 100 AI. No more ammobox script for now as it caused massive issues.

Bug: shotdetection kicks after 1 shot fired, should be 3. Will fix soonâ„¢

Will update with this for gear

Edited by zorrobyte

No more ammobox script for now as it caused massive issues.

could be made sticky information in general alpha mod info thread

Updated mission, V14 has been released. Now with Tonic's gear dialog, satview, bugfixes, etc.

Awesome, I like it alot, also if you're accepting suggestions i'd recommend that only pilot can drive heli, I tried making a server with your mission and everyone was going for the heli and forgot about the teamplay

Also maybe make a version without the teleport? as its make no teamplay, just a thought

Edited by Nico1544

Nice mod, like teleporting feature. How do I get day time?

A little question: What are those grey/black squares on the Map for? Because some players told me that they found them a bit disturbing. Sorry if it's a stupid question. :)

Oh and btw. Would it be possible to make sure that the AI does not attack our spawn? Because I don't like being shot at the base. :)

Edited by Dawnthief

how come all squads are called alpha and charle? is there a way to but 2 pilots? also if there is a pilot noone only pilots can fly

Thank you for the comments guys! I successfully tested a Headless Client version with 61 players and have decided to completely rewrite the code from scratch. However, I do have a V18 updated mission with some goodies and other updates for you all that I will be uploading shortly.

Please file feature requests and bug reports at https://bitbucket.org/zorrobyte/dws/issues?status=new&status=open . I've been awake working on this mission for the last day or two so any help keeping issues/feature requests organized would be most helpful.

Also, the red "portapotty" is the TARDIS in it's tactical military issue form; methane powered. Feel free to contribute to it's fuel source!

Thank you for the comments guys! I successfully tested a Headless Client version with 61 players and have decided to completely rewrite the code from scratch. However, I do have a V18 updated mission with some goodies and other updates for you all that I will be uploading shortly.

Thanks for this mission lots of fun and runs a LOT (+20 FPS) better with no fill scripts (with around 15 players AI on clients).

Can you make this harder? like more unit? I cleaned this in like 10min and its was done

Edited by Nico1544

Can you make this harder? like more unit? I cleaned this in like 10min and its was done

Edit Dynamic_War_Sandbox_CQBMSO_v18.Stratis\enemy\modules\CQB_POP\params.hpp

class CQB_spawn {

title = " CQB Populator (Building %)";

values[]= {0,5,10,20,30,40,50};

texts[]= {"Off","5%","10%","20%","30%","40%","50%"};

default = 10;

};

Change 10 in default = 10; to any of these numbers 0,5,10,20,30,40,50

It's optimized for high playercount. SP or smaller servers can safely run 30,40 or even 50.

Next version has boat patrols, headless client, at least 200+ enemy and drastically reduced mission size. I'm working out how to balance for HC and for no HC. It's a complete rewrite of the code.

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Video posted with 61 players; rewriting whole mission as I have the playercount, just not the enemy needed to keep them busy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBhSXDctY-g

Was having a lot of fun with this last night. Enemy A.I. seemed to spawn less and less, but I was just ferrying people to and from drop off points and had a blast doing that. Look forward to seeing it refined.

I really enjoy this misson but I'm wondering what some of the parameters do. Is there some documentiation for this?

Thanks heaps for the mission Zorro.

Can anyone explain to me how to deloy the mobile spawns points? I am not sure how or if they are supposed to function in the current version.

Thanks heaps for the mission Zorro.

Can anyone explain to me how to deloy the mobile spawns points? I am not sure how or if they are supposed to function in the current version.

You should just be able to stop and it deploys as long as it's not in motion. Players can spawn on it via TARDIS (portapotty). I may need to look at it but after a long dev cycle (no sleep) it's time for a break (got to sleep sometime).

I really enjoy this misson but I'm wondering what some of the parameters do. Is there some documentiation for this?

The params are from MSO, start here https://dev-heaven.net/projects/mso

If someone could tell me how to make day time on this mission. I am a noob and hate playing at night.

You should just be able to stop and it deploys as long as it's not in motion. Players can spawn on it via TARDIS (portapotty). I may need to look at it but after a long dev cycle (no sleep) it's time for a break (got to sleep sometime).

Works fine... it's using BTC Revive and there is no deploy like in MSO - it's a teleport to MHQ thing.

If someone could tell me how to make day time on this mission. I am a noob and hate playing at night.

You can change the time sync param to force a specific time/date

Can you add synced weather to the next update? I don't know if anyone's got around to it (Or if it differs because of Arma 3's new clouds), but it totally messes up for JIP players.

Running it on my dedi now, when I try to save gear it says "not enabled", I checked the param's, am I missing something? How can I save gear?

^ if you are using the VAS gear thing the save/load feature does not work yet

As a noob to ArmA hosting, can I assume this folder goes inside the MPMissions folder along with the mission, or does it need to go elsewhere?

Dynamic_War_Sandbox_CQBMSO_v18.Stratis