Sign in to follow this  
Leaulux

Why Do You Think Bohemia Interactive Is Holding Back?

Not my concern, they do what they think is best and I would respect that.

4000 tickets in just a few days with this alfa? Yea why dont release everything at once... yea i wonder why? ;)

I think several reasons:

a) to keep the playerbase motivated by adding new vehicles and units from time to time

b) protection against piracy so people cant steal the full content of the game until some copy protection arrives

c) quality control

By nature, Alpha's focus on basic content and functionality more than Beta's, which serve more as bug-hunting exercises for the games full, release-level content as a whole. So it makes absolute sense that the Alpha has only basic everything, basic infantry weapons, basic land/sea vehicles, basic helicopters and a basic, smaller map with basic mission structure and and basic editor capability.

P.S. Yes I said "basic" too much.

I am sure they had valid reasons to hold them back, but I would have loved to have the "Shooting Range" and "Night/Lighting" showcases they exhibited at last years game fairs - both focussed on infantry as well, so... :(

A better question is why does this thread keep surfacing. It's going to be the same answer for the most part, polish, so why oh why especially in the ALPHA subforum must this thread repeatedly be bumped when there are far more pressing matters at hand?

Edited by NodUnit