Sign in to follow this  
Egosa-U

Classification in Issue Tracker should not be done by reporter

I feel I need to write this here to get people from realizing the problem of the current system the issue-tracker works.

It will get worse each day passes and each issue is reported.

A lot of severe issues are going down because of minor/useless/double reports. Sooner or later the devs have to fish for the important stuff!

The problems:

• People reporting issues although at least one report already exists (double/tripple/... reports).
  • People don't insert tags after they reported an issue.
  • People considering their bug as the most important to solve and set the priority too high.
  • People considering their bug as not important and set the priority low. Later it turns out, more people would like that change too.
  • People setting up the wrong severity.

To solve those issues there should be changes made, for example:

• Tags should be a "must have" to report an issue so people will find the issue before posting the same again.
  • Priority should not be set by the reporter, but through the voting of the community (more ppl voting = higher priority; thumb up/down-ratio considered aswell).
  • Severity should be set by a developer.
  • While writing an issue heading, a live search would be good to inform the reporter of issues that already exist - "search before post" is always a problem.

So, community, don't destroy our possibilities by acting like a bunch of headless chicken! Don't just support the dev's by buying the "supporter edition", support them also by saving resources on regarding the right issues!

Vote if you agree or disagree: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=2811

Thank you.

I agree with the priorities. I checked on them and couldn't decide how important or not what I was reporting should be.. It is important to me sure but maybe not so much others, I'd be a dick to report something like PIP zoom and thermal auto brightness as being severe just because I believe it is.

Guys don't be afraid, the developpers have their own priorities for the defects. They won't let 15 years old kids drive their business. They look at the bugs and prioritize themselves. They want to have your opinion, but won't use it if it does not make sense.

OH and could we possibly segment bugs from features? That way there would be a section for 'shooting in vehicles' versus 'passenger seat bug'

A remove option would be nice too to avoid http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=1750

Edited by NodUnit