Sign in to follow this  
Drumheller

ArmA 3 Editor Tutorials - Building Simple Missions

Thanks for the videos.

In one of your modules videos (tasks or briefing) you mentioned not being able to do line or paragraph breaks. using <br/> will achieve a line break. 2 of them will be like a paragraph break.

Cheers for all the videos! this is my first arma game and im loving every part of it. And what a great community this game has! Learnt a lot already! Cheers

Man Jester, these tutorial vids are a goldmine for me.

So nice having somebody that speaks perfect english (my native language, no offense to others), understands what they are doing, goes through the whole process start to finish, is organized about it, and doesn't jump around and assume the viewers knowledge or experience level in Arma dev'ing.

Thanks for taking the time, really appreciate it :)

Thanks guys. I appreciate it :)

New video:

BTC Revive Tutorial

Thanks for all your tutorials MacScottie. I'm new to the Arma series and defo scripting and editing. Thanks to your tutorials I've managed to do a really good mission for my fellow clan members in the B3ARS.

But now I want to take it up a bit. It would be great if you could do a tutorial on how to make flares go off when your team enter a trigger point.

I would like to wish for a tutorial on camera and how it works in arma 3 to make cut-scenes and so on. If you know how to do it ofcourse :)

Hey Jester814! You've become my go-to guy for all things scripting. I came into this game not knowing a lick about it or its editor, and, thanks to your awesome tutorials, I'm making huge, feature-rich missions that, while still amateur hour compared to some of the great ones the experienced guys are putting up, amaze the hell out of me.

I come here with a question, however. One I don't think you've covered and one I've Googled, but haven't found an answer for (probably due to my limited knowledge of the terms in the game!). I'd like to trigger an event with a specific soldier, rather than it being OpFor or BlueFor as a whole. The thing I'm trying to do is have my squad head to an extraction point whilst a bunch of friendly aircraft pulverize the enemy from above. The problem is, using the easy ol' Triggered by Bluefor method, the choppers are triggering the end of the mission rather than the squad. I've already named my squad leader (I incorporated your hostage rescue tutorial into this mission! :)) so I'd like HIM to trigger the extraction, but I can't find the script to do so. Any ideas, or could you point me in the right direction?

Cheers for all your hard work!! :)

Edited by horrorview
grammar

The problem is, using the easy ol' Triggered by Bluefor method, the choppers are triggering the end of the mission rather than the squad. I've already named my squad leader (I incorporated your hostage rescue tutorial into this mission! :)) so I'd like HIM to trigger the extraction, but I can't find the script to do so.

Since you've named the unit it's easy. As part of the Bluefor Present Condition Box put

and Frankie in thislist
...with Frankie being the dummy name of that unit.

Since you've named the unit it's easy. As part of the Bluefor Present Condition Box put ...with Frankie being the dummy name of that unit.

Ah!! Thanks so much froggyluv!!! You rock, man! :)

I see you put up some more tutorials! Looking forward to watching them all again!

Been playing more than creating lately but Im planning a few new "simple" missions and I see your tuts could help me out again :)

My latest tutorial was just a mod installation tutorial, so I didn't update this thread with it, but here it is:

MacScottie,

Just wanted to comment and tell you this is badass. Most people would not take the time to make videos that really brake down each step. These have been awesome. After watching all of these I can say I skipped the beginner phase of mission building.

Great Job and Excellent work.

MacScottie,

Just wanted to comment and tell you this is badass. Most people would not take the time to make videos that really brake down each step. These have been awesome. After watching all of these I can say I skipped the beginner phase of mission building.

Great Job and Excellent work.

Excellent to hear. And now that more modules have been pushed out with the most recent beta build and release staging, I have some more tutorials to make! :)

Specifically High Command and once I learn it - How to Use the Strategic Map.

As many before my post wrote, Thank You very much for the comprehensive video tutorials!! A good start for everyone, new or returning Arma fans to learn to visualize they imaginations in Arma with the help of these tutorials/guides.

On the risk of sounding needy or ungrateful, do you see a printed version in the future?

regards, Sharpy.

It's the editor you get when you host a multiplayer game and choose edit instead of a mission.

As many before my post wrote, Thank You very much for the comprehensive video tutorials!! A good start for everyone, new or returning Arma fans to learn to visualize they imaginations in Arma with the help of these tutorials/guides.

On the risk of sounding needy or ungrateful, do you see a printed version in the future?

regards, Sharpy.

There are already a couple of extremely comprehensive printed ArmA editor manuals. There is one for ArmA 2 and almost everything from the ArmA 2 editor applies to ArmA 3.

Hi, have you found how to organize the briefing? as in the title should be Situation, Mission, Execution and Signal in that order? Well, I just found out that when you create the module, you need to group it in reverse order. So you actually have to group Execution, Mission, Situation to Signal, in that order

Wooow MacScottie, you are our Messiah :)

All your stuff has been downloaded, studied over and put safely away. Thorough job, eternal thanx for submitting it :)

As I was watching your vids, I had a mood like I would've been on a kinda 'lecture course' :D

Before my question, i want to thank you for this awesome mission editor tutorial, i bookmarked it as reference when i do my first Arma3 mission . I noticed there's no message about the mission's end. Is this automatically shown when no more OPfors are alive? or a Mission failed message if the Blufors lose? Thank you.