Sign in to follow this  
Drumheller

ArmA 3 Editor Tutorials - Building Simple Missions

Did you create the mission before the most recent update? Each update seems to be breaking older missions.

And which module is causing it?

Hi,

all the modules are causing me that, intel and support ones... I´ve tried to contact Bohemia without answer... Obviously...

It seems to be casued by using mods. Because without mods Im not getting this error... But this game is for use mods!!! Do you know what I mean :-)

Once said that and following with your tutorials and editing missions without mods, I´ve another problem in MPMissions with the modules. The players doesn´t receive neither briefing nor the tasks, using intel and support modules. In singleplayer yes but in MP the payers dont receive the tasks and briefing.

I´ve followed your vids and I grouped the players to the leader which is the guy who is siync to the modules, and I have the same problems... the briefing and the tasks doesn´t appear. It´s quite weird becasue the leather whom is supposed to be sync with doesn´t have the brief and task either.

Im using also a dedicated server to test the edited missions too.... and with the same problem, the players doesn´t recevie brief or tasks.

Do you know what can happen?

Edited by legio4777

I was following these tutorials and when I was in the Sites tutorial I chose Camp Maxwell to test it out. Nothing in this camp works right. I was able to get the sites to load the OP's and HQ's at the other sites but at Maxwell none of the buildings that say they are military will populate with the sites module. Has anyone else seen this?

With regards to the Ambush video, is there not something you need to put in to stop the bomb from "spawning" itself for every player? I can't remember what it is. Unless it is not needed for this IED method?

With regards to the Ambush video, is there not something you need to put in to stop the bomb from "spawning" itself for every player? I can't remember what it is. Unless it is not needed for this IED method?

I don't know. Could be disastrous! If I find out about this in the future I'll make an update video.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Hi,

all the modules are causing me that, intel and support ones... I´ve tried to contact Bohemia without answer... Obviously...

It seems to be casued by using mods. Because without mods Im not getting this error... But this game is for use mods!!! Do you know what I mean :-)

Once said that and following with your tutorials and editing missions without mods, I´ve another problem in MPMissions with the modules. The players doesn´t receive neither briefing nor the tasks, using intel and support modules. In singleplayer yes but in MP the payers dont receive the tasks and briefing.

I´ve followed your vids and I grouped the players to the leader which is the guy who is siync to the modules, and I have the same problems... the briefing and the tasks doesn´t appear. It´s quite weird becasue the leather whom is supposed to be sync with doesn´t have the brief and task either.

Im using also a dedicated server to test the edited missions too.... and with the same problem, the players doesn´t recevie brief or tasks.

Do you know what can happen?

1. No idea

2. I have the same issue. I hope BIS will make the module JIP friendly in the future

3. Same as 2

4. I don't have a dedi server so I don't know.

You are a god, now I can make a training ground so I can learn to move in game. With the 3000 stances alone, this game needs training ground's

Hey MacScottie, thanks for all the videos, Iam fairly good with the editor myself just need to work on my scripting. Have been following your YouTube videos of your missions of the 15th MEU. Is there any way you can post some videos of making those missions or does some one else make them for you.

Someone else makes em for the unit. I was on the unit mission team way back in the day, but no longer. It was annoying to make the mission, then play it.

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------

You are a god, now I can make a training ground so I can learn to move in game. With the 3000 stances alone, this game needs training ground's

I guarantee there will be in the full release. Maybe even in the beta.

Updated: Tutorial 10 - AI Building Patrols:

Thanks for your time and effort with these man, really good stuff.

Thanks for your time and effort with these man, really good stuff.

I do it for totally selfish reasons. I just want to see more people get started with mission editing so once A3 full releases there will be a LOT of mission makers and a lot of new campaigns :p

Hah well you've got one convert. My playtime went from 10 hours up to 70 after watching those. Just pimped out my first mission today.

I do have a request that would make a good addition to the series. The basics of COOP mission making.

MacScottie, your a god among men. much like Magicpanda said, after watching your videos I have become hopelessly addicted to the Mission Editor. Thanks again for all your hard work and looking forward to more tutorials from you!

MacScottie, your a god among men. much like Magicpanda said, after watching your videos I have become hopelessly addicted to the Mission Editor. Thanks again for all your hard work and looking forward to more tutorials from you!

<3

Update: Editor Tutorial 11 - Multiple Trigger Conditions

<3

Update: Editor Tutorial 11 - Multiple Trigger Conditions

Another way to do the static building destruction is to use Game Logic Modules. Here is the actual post I found awhile back. Looks better to do it this way so you don't have a crate there lol. Credits to Tay-UK. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148179-Tutorial-How-to-use-the-Task-Modules&p=2327453&viewfull=1#post2327453

Another way to do the static building destruction is to use Game Logic Modules. Here is the actual post I found awhile back. Looks better to do it this way so you don't have a crate there lol. Credits to Tay-UK. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148179-Tutorial-How-to-use-the-Task-Modules&p=2327453&viewfull=1#post2327453

I don't do stuff like that for my tutorials. They're meant to be very, very simple ways to do things. Once a mission maker gets past the point where my tutorials are no longer helpful, it's my hope that they'll start looking towards other, more advanced resources. The stuff that I'm teaching in my tutorials is pretty much everything I know and use for missions, which utilizes almost no scripts or game logics, etc.

It's my goal to get people from beginner to lower-mid level mission making, and for them to look outward once they're at that point. I just wanted to make people more familiar and comfortable with the editor because it's so easy to get into, but so hard to master.

For example, this Scripting Tutorial for Noobs thread would be the perfect next step, or even concurrent step, from my series.

Edited by MacScottie

Great stuff Jester! :D For those that do want to use a game logic in lieu of placing objects near the building they can check out my video over at my

. Edited by Dreavyn

@MacScottie the sync to a static building to trigger is working as of the current build. I have it set up with the task system.

@MacScottie the sync to a static building to trigger is working as of the current build. I have it set up with the task system.

Dev build? I'm not using the dev build. That would be nice. Now the question is should I make another video for just that small change?

Thanks for taking the time to educate us.

[RGG]Zane

MacScottie, Thank you for the outstanding tutorials. Your time and dedication are much appreciated.

Just signed up to the forums to say I appreciate you taking the time to make these. I did some messing around with the editor in ARMA2 and made the structure of a mission or 2 out of luck, these videos have clarified and expanded my understanding of things though.

Zane, Prathios, and SilentSpike:

Thanks guys.

Silent I hope that you're able to start delving deeper than I go in my videos and get into some of the even more in-depth stuff in the future :)