Sign in to follow this  
Drumheller

ArmA 3 Editor Tutorials - Building Simple Missions

Updated:

Editor Tutorial - Markers, Waypoints, Triggers and Syncing

Next video will be on modules. It will cover the "Site" module and probably dabble a bit in the "Support Request" and "Support" modules as well.

fantastic work! looking forward to get through them since Im really begginer in Arma 3 editor (not a beginner in programming though). Thanks!

Nice video's man, you inspired me to start making missions!

Now perhaps a bit offtopic but still in the line of your vids, how come you load the game SO fast when you press preview? I got the game running on a new SSD (Samsung 840) and it goes equally fast as it was on my HDD... Is there something you done to make it load that quick?

Nice video's man, you inspired me to start making missions!

Now perhaps a bit offtopic but still in the line of your vids, how come you load the game SO fast when you press preview? I got the game running on a new SSD (Samsung 840) and it goes equally fast as it was on my HDD... Is there something you done to make it load that quick?

I noticed this as well and just assumed it was SSD that was causing fast load. Fast CPU/RAM maybe?

haha. I cut it. I was wondering when someone would notice. It takes 10-20 sec to load.

Thanks for your great vids, can't wait till you get to the modules because there are many that are still a mystery for me.

There are many that are a mystery for me as well. I'm going to do modules in sections as I learn about them. The first Modules video will be on Sites and Support, which you probably already know about :p

I tried to find a solution to your landing a chopper module in the last vid. Thought an "unload" module would work so put someone of on the ground and put a waypoint back in when your team gets in the chopper so it can lift off again, but apparently it does not work :(

You cracked me up with the chopper trigger that he just flew completely wrong first :p

Hi first great videos ive learbt a lot. I wss following way points triggers and followed the tutorial exactly. However when I enter the compound I can see the vehicle's come in and opfor depart and start firing but the extraction heli also flys in before I get to the extraction point and so do the enemy anyone know what I have done wrong. I set the first waypoint just in front of the heli then at the extraction point and zyncing that to the trigger in the extraction point.

I have redone the mission twice and the same happens.

Hi first great videos ive learbt a lot. I wss following way points triggers and followed the tutorial exactly. However when I enter the compound I can see the vehicle's come in and opfor depart and start firing but the extraction heli also flys in before I get to the extraction point and so do the enemy anyone know what I have done wrong. I set the first waypoint just in front of the heli then at the extraction point and zyncing that to the trigger in the extraction point.

I have redone the mission twice and the same happens.

Sync the trigger to the waypoint that's just in front of the helicopter, not at the extraction point. Think of the trigger's activation as completing the waypoint, allowing the helicopter to move past, not as activating the next waypoint.

Sync the trigger to the waypoint that's just in front of the helicopter, not at the extraction point. Think of the trigger's activation as completing the waypoint, allowing the helicopter to move past, not as activating the next waypoint.

Yep. This is the correct method.

I screwed the pooch on that part, and will probably do a follow up before the end of next week to clarify.

Yep. This is the correct method.

I screwed the pooch on that part, and will probably do a follow up before the end of next week to clarify.

Hi i thiink i got that i syncd the trigger to end game to the waypoint justin front of the heli (hope this was right).

However when the fireteam enter the extraction point. I gett the message end of Mission satndby for extraction. Then the enemy forces come in, but the heli does not. Also i made the whole team playable as well were as before it was a singleplayer. any ideas please

You have to have two total waypoints for the helo. The first one should be right next to it and synced to the trigger, the second one should be at the extraction zone.

Sorry for this for some reason it worked what I did was got the two way points the one nearest the helo is syncd to the trigger and I then syncd the extraction point to the helo so when I enter the extraction area the helo flys in.

It seemed to work. What I do like is when you enter the extraction area I can see enemy running over the hills towards me.

First off thanks for these videos! I knew some of the basics but you have helped me realize the potential of some of these items I never considered!

I was curious if you plan on creating a tutorial on adding in fast travel or if you knew how to use this feature as I'm having issues getting it working. PM me if you don't wish to discuss it here.

First off thanks for these videos! I knew some of the basics but you have helped me realize the potential of some of these items I never considered!

I was curious if you plan on creating a tutorial on adding in fast travel or if you knew how to use this feature as I'm having issues getting it working. PM me if you don't wish to discuss it here.

Ehh... I probably won't be doing any sort of fast travel. That's something that's more for warfare or maybe some custom RPG style missions. If I do, it won't be for a long while.

Updated OP:

Modules - Sites

I'll be doing Modules - Support later today.

i learned more in the last week watching your videos as in the last two years trying out another tutorials, once again, thank you!

Sorry guys I know i must be a pain in the ass but can you take a look at the two image below the first shows the extraction point and a trigger to end the game. The trigger is linked to the waypoint by the helo. Now the 2nd image is a close up of the extraction point with the trigger syncd to the two enemy forces that do attack when I or my team enter the extraction point however the Helo does not, I cant seem to understand why, it works in Preview just not in Multiplayer.

http://imageshack.us/a/img255/4648/imagehfw.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img213/9451/image1vc.jpg

OP is updated with: Modules - Support Video

Sorry guys I know i must be a pain in the ass but can you take a look at the two image below the first shows the extraction point and a trigger to end the game. The trigger is linked to the waypoint by the helo. Now the 2nd image is a close up of the extraction point with the trigger syncd to the two enemy forces that do attack when I or my team enter the extraction point however the Helo does not, I cant seem to understand why, it works in Preview just not in Multiplayer.

http://imageshack.us/a/img255/4648/imagehfw.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img213/9451/image1vc.jpg

You have to GROUP the helo with the end mission trigger, and SYNC the first Helo Waypoint with the extraction trigger. It doesn't look like you have the first waypoint for the helo grouped with the extraction trigger.

Edited by MacScottie

I have made a correctional video for the Markers, Waypoints, Triggers and Syncing video.

It explains, hopefully easily understood, how to fix the helicopter waypoint issue: