aeroson

GET/SET Loadout (saves and loads pretty much everything)

That looks amazing! Good job!

Edit: is there anyway you could give it the ability to delete VAS load outs? It'd be perfect.

I'm glad these two mods can coexist and play nice with each other, as there are just too many load out solutions with different benifits. Yours and VAS is the perfect combination.

Edited by zuff

is there anyway you could give it the ability to delete VAS load outs? It'd be perfect.

I could, but iam not going to do it. It wouldn't be nice of me. Sorry :P

@FoxHound Thank you for updating this on armaholic

Edited by aeroson

I don't see why not, even VAS itself doesn't let you delete loadouts, just save over them.

The problem I'm having is that the vas loadout section is showing the old and new loadouts from VAS. So a lot of my new vas loadouts are duplicates of the old vas ones. I know you can go and delete your vars file but I don't want all of the players of my missions to have to lose their layouts.

Also, could you add the ability to add a text name to the loadouts with the icons? Just seeing the gun/clothes/backpack doesn't really tell you too much about the loadout.

New VAS loadouts are at top and olds are under them with different color. Will make the colors more distinguishable. Saved loadouts are local for each player, that means if you delete your vars file it will only wipe out your loadouts.

One day i will remake the loadout manager into GUI (with text input for loadout name), but right now i would rather focus on perfecting the set/get functions.

Edited by aeroson

I was saying I don't want to have my players have to delete their vars files just so their vas loadouts aren't as cluttered as mine is now.

But I totally understand where you're coming from. I do love your scripts because they "just work". Keep it up!

Edited by zuff

Example mission didnt show me much, how do we implement this with tonic's VAS? Im assuming we enable gear on respawn, where do we add the callouts and files? any addition to miz or init/descrip?

Well, the only function VAS dosn't have is respawning with loadout you had when you died.

If you want that, do look into first post of this thread ^.^ (It works with VAS, just tested it)

About replacing VAS's loadout functions with mine, i contacted Tonic several times, unsuccesfully. (Iam sure he has a reason for it)

I could replace it myself but i don't feel like updating it with every new VAS version. It also wouldn't be nice of me >_<

About replacing VAS's loadout functions with mine, i contacted Tonic several times, unsuccesfully. (Iam sure he has a reason for it)

I could replace it myself but i don't feel like updating it with every new VAS version. It also wouldn't be nice of me >_<

That is why I haven't gotten back to you or decided to use your functions, that and i'm like a drug addict, I disappear alot without paying attention.

:P

Aeroson, I am using today's latest files and I would like my partially emptied magazines to save on the getloadout. Which parameter/line I need to change? I have tried myself but I think I don't know enough to be successful,yet. :)

Edited by KadinX

Sorry, i will do it later myself. It would be more than just line change. I would use magazinesDetail and parse the string to get magazines rounds, then ammo to get currently loaded magazines rounds. Also if you figure out how, you could use the DayZ player_countmagazines.sqf although iam not sure whether it will work in A3.

Edited by aeroson

hi,

have this error with get_loadout...

Error in expression < _loadedMagazines, _magazine];

_target selectWeapon _currentWeapon;

_muzzles =>

Error position: <selectWeapon _currentWeapon;

_muzzles =>

Error selectweapon: Type , expected

File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Stratis\loadout\fnc_get_loadout.sqf, line 71

Error in expression < _loadedMagazines, _magazine];

_target selectWeapon _currentWeapon;

_muzzles =>

Error position: <selectWeapon _currentWeapon;

_muzzles =>

Error Generic error in expression

File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Stratis\loadout\fnc_get_loadout.sqf, line 71

any idea ?

I am not sure if this has anything to do with it but why is your rpt reporting the fnc_get_loadou t.sqf with a SPACE in its name?

Thanks Aeroson, I will test them right away.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

The correct number of magazines IS respawning but unfortunately the rounds get replenished to their default capacity. Is there a parameter that I am missing?

an other error...

Error in expression <zines, _magazine];

if ( _currentWeapon != "" && _currentMode != "" ) then {

_mu>

Error position: <!= "" && _currentMode != "" ) then {

_mu>

Error Generic error in expression

File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Stratis\loadout\fnc_get_loadout.sqf, line 70

Always when i'm in a vehicule...

@KadinX Sorry. As of now you can't do that with mine functions, althought i will add that functionality later.

@Mariodu62 Thank you. Was able to reproduce and fix the bug.

Updated / Fixed

fnc_get_loadout.sqf v2.6

Edited by aeroson

Hello Aerson, I'm not sure if it has been reported. But when calling fnc_getloadout, attachement such as light or laser are turned off.

Hello Aerson, I'm not sure if it has been reported. But when calling fnc_getloadout, attachement such as light or laser are turned off.

I'm getting the same issue, have tested an extended sleep time to confirm it's with the fnc_getloadout save in the init.sqf.

*Great script by the way, thanks for all the hard work you have put in.

Edited by AusCleaver