Sign in to follow this  
OFPman

Mig-29

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That is not really appreciated man, I'm Russian and that just stikes a chord so can we just keep the bigotry to a minimum?

<span id='postcolor'>

Bigotry? Ever heard of humor?

Geez, when did the Russians become so touchy?

No one likes racial slurs, but nothing in this thread has been that bad. To me, calling a Russian a Commie is no different to calling Americans Yanks or Yankees.

Everyone needs to stop being so PC and only take offense when it is intended. smile.gif

Someone needs to design a 'take offence' emoticon biggrin.gif One diffrence between 'commies' and 'yanks'. A commie is a name to a person of people who follow the communist political system.Anyone from any country can be a commie. Yank is a term for americans. Americans can still be called yanks not matter what political system they have, as long as they are americans, not that either of these things matter. There is an Eastern equivelent to the ADATS. Some made a BMP where the AT missile was replaced by a SAM. Effective, but not a real carrier system and it carried 6 missiles. The scud needs the Tomahawk to counter balance it! And more Eastern Air vehicles! When I pull down my 'West' air section, I have Cobras, apaches, hueys, falcons, chinooks etc. but my east section sports 3 diffrent air vehicles. The Mil-24 hind d. the mil-17 and the Su-25. Bring on the Su-17, 24, 27, 30, 34 and 35. The MiG-21, 23, 27 and 30. The Ka-50 and Mil-28 would be nice for choppers and the Mil-8 'hip. I think I'm going overboard! Someone could make all these and sell an add-on back for OFP!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ July 09 2002,10:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Someone needs to design a 'take offence' emoticon biggrin.gif One diffrence between 'commies' and 'yanks'. A commie is a name to a person of people who follow the communist political system.Anyone from any country can be a commie. Yank is a term for americans. Americans can still be called yanks not matter what political system they have, as long as they are americans, not that either of these things matter.<span id='postcolor'>

Actually, some could argue that only Americans from the North are really Yanks/Yankees, going back to the Civil War roots of the terms... wink.gif

theres not really much point in having more aircraft, their not really much use, they go far too fast and its hard to hit a target, u have to circle and circle to get it, why do you think BIS only included only the A10, coz its not really much use if you think about it, in a few seconds you have cleared the island (even on Nogova)

i agree with doggy there are enoug planes

helicopters are much better to use and will be used much like the little birds, some more ground stuff would also be good to keep it a tactical shooter

i want to make the 2S6M Tunguska, now just to convince vixer tounge.gif

4 x 30mm and 8 SA-19/GRISON:

tunguska1.jpg

need more good photos to skin it!

LOL

i cant start coding and skinning on something that does not have enoug photos to skin with thats just wasting time

How about a Soviet MLRS launcher? *goes off to talk to Darkhawk*

Or a dog that hops on one leg and talks hungarian....

ANIMALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ee-yes, please! Hmm... I'm still anticipating that Tornado... Such a great plane it would be - how about you release them at the same time, so we can try dogfight the MiG-29 and Tornado against each other? wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ July 09 2002,09:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Geez, when did the Russians become so touchy?<span id='postcolor'>

Well since they came here to America. Hey I am sorry by calling some of you bigots but I dont know ever since we got the free speach option I fealt we had to make up for 73 years of repressed thoughts, Anyways no hard feelings if its all in good humour. Sorry about that. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpetsnazWarriorX @ July 09 2002,19:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ANIMALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ee-yes, please! Hmm... I'm still anticipating that Tornado... Such a great plane it would be - how about you release them at the same time, so we can try dogfight the MiG-29 and Tornado against each other?  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL what are you thinking Evis? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ July 09 2002,19:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpetsnazWarriorX @ July 09 2002,19:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ANIMALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ee-yes, please! Hmm... I'm still anticipating that Tornado... Such a great plane it would be - how about you release them at the same time, so we can try dogfight the MiG-29 and Tornado against each other?  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL what are you thinking Evis? biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well the Tornado is an interceptor not a fighter so it wouldn't be very fair would it?

I thought he was making the Tornado IDS (ground attack), not the ADV (interceptor)? Or is he making both? It would be great to have both of'em...

the ids is being made and ive been told it will be finished by the end of the week...its all i know so no point pestering me tounge.gif

and scorpio: im thinking crazy man smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the ids is being made and ive been told it will be finished by the end of the week...<span id='postcolor'>

Great!!! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ July 08 2002,12:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Geez, when did the Russians become so touchy?

No one likes racial slurs, but nothing in this thread has been that bad. To me, calling a Russian a Commie is no different to calling Americans Yanks or Yankees.

Everyone needs to stop being so PC and only take offense when it is intended.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Actually Fubar, as far as I'm concerned, calling anyone a Commie is as bad as calling them a Nazi. I use Commie to describe the opposition forces in OFP. I never have and never will accuse anyone of being a commie online.

Of course, if they're proven to be a Commie, of whatever nationality, they're fair game...

Just FYI, not picking a fight.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ July 09 2002,20:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the ids is being made and ive been told it will be finished by the end of the week...its all i know so no point pestering me tounge.gif

and scorpio: im thinking crazy man smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

damn i need to get off my lazy ass and finish the mig biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ July 08 2002,13:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The scud needs the Tomahawk to counter balance it!<span id='postcolor'>

Not the Tomahawk, the Lance would be the direct equivalent of the Scud. A short range battlefield weapon.

Lance Missile, a summary

I never quite saw the use of SAMS in OFP... Still don't. Explain to me a good scenario someone's had with SAMS and planes. I think only flight sims recreate this effectively, but I could always be wrong... ALSO: Why is it that the 'fighter' planes in OFP never perform any evasive manouevres? i.e. you're on their six, and all they do is turn in a wide circle, or just carry on straight - even if the AI skill is set to highest. Is there any way you can get them to perform sharp turns or loops? Or even launch some AAs/fire cannons at you? It would seem rather more appropriate for the F-16 to want to jink left and right, in order to appear on my Hawk's six, instead of sluggishly turning wide confused.gif The choppers seem to be intent on shooting down my plane if I go head to head, or if I just happen to be turning slowly. Either way, just a little point I wanted to... erm... point out biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpetsnazWarriorX @ July 09 2002,22:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I never quite saw the use of SAMS in OFP... Still don't. Explain to me a good scenario someone's had with SAMS and planes. I think only flight sims recreate this effectively, but I could always be wrong...   ALSO: Why is it that the 'fighter' planes in OFP never perform any evasive manouevres? i.e. you're on their six, and all they do is turn in a wide circle, or just carry on straight - even if the AI skill is set to highest. Is there any way you can get them to perform sharp turns or loops? Or even launch some AAs/fire cannons at you? It would seem rather more appropriate for the F-16 to want to jink left and right, in order to appear on my Hawk's six, instead of sluggishly turning wide  confused.gif  The choppers seem to be intent on shooting down my plane if I go head to head, or if I just happen to be turning slowly. Either way, just a little point I wanted to... erm... point out  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The game engine wont accomodate it as you well know.

Why not the Lance? Look at its field date! Its way to old. I believe that the Tomahawk has replaced it. Sure, the Tomahawk would have the upper hand, but is that not true in real life? Also I think the Russian Federation has developed a new generation of Tactical Battlefield Weapons. Dont know if any of these are non-nuclear though. Why use planes? Sure there fast, but they have a larger loadout. And with guided missiles, they only have to look at a chopper or tank to destroy it. Look Down/Shoot Down. And SAMs are good for shooting down aircraft. If you do get a F-16 screaming over your head, you dont have much time to put up much arty, but for a SAM, just look on and fire. And hey, all you people who are against more aircraft, as someone else said, dont download them. They are not compulslarey. If people want to make planes and missiles, leave it to them. Its not your time and energy going in. And not your money either. You lose nothing by modders making planes.

Actually I had a nice little fight with a modified Su-25 that had AA missiles in my F-16. They mostly only used machine guns though.

wow.gif4--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ July 09 2002,21wow.gif4)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ July 08 2002,12:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Geez, when did the Russians become so touchy?

Everyone needs to stop being so PC and only take offense when it is intended.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Actually Fubar, as far as I'm concerned, calling anyone a Commie is as bad as calling them a Nazi. I use Commie to describe the opposition forces in OFP. I never have and never will accuse anyone of being a commie online.

Of course, if they're proven to be a Commie, of whatever nationality, they're fair game...

Just FYI, not picking a fight.<span id='postcolor'>

why dont you call them "red knights" or something else then?!  tounge.gif

eerr, i have to agree with fubar though, it is kinda like what fubar said  mad.gif

i mean, picture if your were russian but they called you a commie anyways, when it was the past, would you be ticked off that they would dissrespect you like that? its just how i see it...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OFPman @ July 10 2002,05:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ July 09 2002,21wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ July 08 2002,12:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Geez, when did the Russians become so touchy?

Everyone needs to stop being so PC and only take offense when it is intended.  <!--emo&smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Just FYI, not picking a fight.<span id='postcolor'>

why dont you call them "red knights" or something else then?!  tounge.gif

eerr, i have to agree with fubar though, it is kinda like what fubar said  mad.gif

i mean, picture if your were russian but they called you a commie anyways, when it was the past, would you be ticked off that they would dissrespect you like that? its just how i see it...<span id='postcolor'>

Well it amounts to ignorance if they still do it as the Soviet Union fell over a decade ago, but back at the topic; have you modeld the weapons for it Scorpio?