Sign in to follow this  
Mrsilentmistake

Arma 3: ambient modules?

Hey all, am trying to make a mission that is completely unscripted.

I did this in arma 2 by just playing the ambient modules, and secops and away i went.

In arma 3 it doesn't have ambient combat or civs or vehicles, will they be in the final version or are they already in just not active?

If they are can you give me a tutorial? it seem the modules are bit more than syncing to the player :)

Thanks

Modules>Sites>Civilian Settlements.

Just noticed theres a 'Switch Sides' module as well -and it works :)

Just noticed theres a 'Switch Sides' module as well -and it works :)

right am heading into the editor now, i assume its just syncing the modules to the player? ill check right now.

---------- Post added at 14:01 ---------- Previous post was at 13:54 ----------

right am heading into the editor now, i assume its just syncing the modules to the player? ill check right now.

I've placed it down and synced it to me, does this enable ambient civilians? and is there the ambient combat as well?

EDIT: yes indeed it does spawn civilians and vehicles ambiently ( that a word?). Is there anyway to get ambient combat as well? I.E instead of civs spawning randomly opfor?

Edited by Mrsilentmistake

Had the same problem, so I made a simple Ambient Combat Script, which kinda tries to simulate ACM module. It's still unfinished and probably very poor in many ways, my scripting skills temp to do everything wrong/hard way, but check it out (example included):

ambientCombat.Stratis.rar

I have no idea if it works in MP, can't test myself becouse my sh*tty ISP causes NAT Negotiation errors :( [o]asas[/o]

<-Outdated

You can find my Ambient Combat script in AI Spawn Script Pack @Armaholic along with other dynamic ways to spawn AI

Edited by spunFIN
outdated information

I cannot find this in Beta 0.73.107682. Has it been removed during beta?