Sign in to follow this  
QuiteFranklyMyMaN

FIX the SDAR UW SMG, Does not do damage

Yeah, I can't kill anyone with it, even at 50 yards. It does no damage and I'm hitting the guy. SO please fix this weapon since it's so integral to the diver unit. Thank you.

its working,use the UW magazine underwater and in a distance max 40m. if u arent diving load standard STANAG mags...

It think it's damage needs to go up. It does .25 damage under and above water with the dual purpose mags. (5m above and below) It's damage is better with standard 556 mags, around .85 (also 5m)

6.5mm rounds from 5m do over 1.00, 7.62 does over 2.00

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

For reference, both handguns do about .35 damage at 5m. It's also possible to take two rounds to the head from an sdar and survive.

It think it's damage needs to go up. It does .25 damage under and above water with the dual purpose mags. (5m above and below) It's damage is better with standard 556 mags, around .85 (also 5m)

6.5mm rounds from 5m do over 1.00, 7.62 does over 2.00

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

For reference, both handguns do about .35 damage at 5m. It's also possible to take two rounds to the head from an sdar and survive.

SEE, It's GARBAGE, it can't kill sh***. I'm shooting the guy in the upper torso, 50 yards away, it's garbage.

Most of us don't know what a yard is. As it's almost a meter, just read the above posts.

You know it's range is around 30 metres underwater? You have to be pretty close. It's "garbage" because in real life underwater guns have an extremely short range. Also, be glad you can reload it and not have to send it back to the manufacturer to do that unlike a certain HK underwater weapon :rolleyes: Take a look at this similar real world weapon and it's short range. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APS_amphibious_rifle

For when you're on land take a stanag mag and load it.

Now, you're sorted.

It would be nice considering the gun is modeled exactly after the Kel Tec RFB, if they would change the ammo it shoots to .308/7.62 which the magazine size portrays, or at least change the model of the magazine in the back to represent the size of the round it shoots.

It would be nice considering the gun is modeled exactly after the Kel Tec RFB, if they would change the ammo it shoots to .308/7.62 which the magazine size portrays, or at least change the model of the magazine in the back to represent the size of the round it shoots.

It's modeled after it yes, but in the game it is an underwater weapon and works accordingly.

make sure you're using standard mags. also make sure you compensate for the 50m zeroing

Nevermind, it kills, but I need to hit them right in the face, or empty 2 clips into someone to drop them. My god, I'd rather just charge at someone at that point. It's worse than the pistol.

Nevermind, it kills, but I need to hit them right in the face, or empty 2 clips into someone to drop them. My god, I'd rather just charge at someone at that point. It's worse than the pistol.

What ammo type are you using and are you below or above water?

I'm on land, 50 yards away from the target, even point blank,

Here:

Pistol: 5 shots, they're down. One shot to the head, they're down.

SDAR: 20 shots. Maybe they die.

I'm on land, 50 yards away from the target, even point blank,

Here:

Pistol: 5 shots, they're down. One shot to the head, they're down.

SDAR: 20 shots. Maybe they die.

If you're using the underwater ammo above land, there's you're problem. Using stanag I have no problem above land killing soldiers.

I seriously have no issues with the weapon when it's used properly.

If you're using the underwater ammo above land, there's you're problem. Using stanag I have no problem above land killing soldiers.

I managed to take down multiple OPFOR from a relatively concealed (covered?) position inside the shed near the ground vehicle in the SCUBA showcase from which one has to retrieve the AA launcher using the STANAG ammo, that was not a difficulty or me although even underwater the UW ammo was problematic even at seemingly close ranges.

So I must carry dual-purpose mags AND stanag?

Now there's my problem...

Have to agree, DP mags at least a need a rename. Whats the point of 'duel-purpose' if its only one purpose?

Agreed DP (giggidy) mags need a change of name. But underwater ammo in real life and in game does not work as well in air.

It's modeled after it yes, but in the game it is an underwater weapon and works accordingly.

Yes, but then when you slap a 5.56 magazine into it, like I said, it just looks silly then, hence why I mentioned it would be neat if they could simply change the model slightly to reflect that.

Yes, but then when you slap a 5.56 magazine into it, like I said, it just looks silly then, hence why I mentioned it would be neat if they could simply change the model slightly to reflect that.

The gun is currently being re-designed to accept STANAG magazines.

Meanwhile, Kel-Tec is preparing smaller versions of the same design, adapted to 'intermediate' calibers such as 7.62×39mm, 5.56×45mm NATO (.223), 6.5 Grendel and 6.8mm Remington SPC.[1] The 5.56×45mm NATO version has been tentatively named the CFB (Carbine, Forward-ejection, Bullpup), and will feed from standard AR-15 magazines.

^ Remember, there is no Kel-Tec gun ;)

so they are making a 5.56 version in real life soon?

Sadly, I live in California, and they banned rifles with pistol grip...