FYI, a long time ago I custom re-mapped my map zoom-in, and map zoom-out keys to be the left and right arrow keys, and the latest developer version screwed up the map zoom function for me with your mod. So I'm not sure if the developer version changed some of the key presets, or if the developer version broke some code with your map mod. I hope it's just a key press they changed, but I haven't taken the time to test that theory out yet. Just trying to give you a heads-up. Hopefully it's just a key press that I can re-program. I'll test it on some other day and report back if that fixes it.

-V

I been trying to change the map to the paper variant but the control key binding to do it does not work. Any ideas?

EDIT: I figured out the issue. The CTRL + ALT + Shift + M Combination is no good, as the final button press makes it open the normal map. Binding it to another key ( the numpad + for me) caused it to go paper.

Would it be possible to give player an ability to resize the map? I would love to make it about 25% smaller. It would provide me info I need without taking almost half of the screen.

• Like 1

Would it be possible to give player an ability to resize the map? I would love to make it about 25% smaller. It would provide me info I need without taking almost half of the screen.

at least its not like the real map ... taking up your whole screen.... why not just use the default gps then... thats %25 smaller ..... :)................................ 

• Like 1

TaoSenai,

I was playing Arma 2 ACE recently (havent playd it in a while) anywho. There is a neat feature, if your running or moving when your maps open, the map shakes. I was just wondering if you could impement an option like that. were if were moving and we have the folded map up.. it kinda moves around the corner of the screen. Just a slight up down left right, jiggling motion.. Kinda like weapon sway but for the map..

Im sure there going to be a ton of people that think its a dumb idea but i liked it in ACE the other day. I had to stand still to get a good look at the map. So with that if you can do it maybe an option to enable or disable map_shake... ?? for those that dont like the idea..

Anywho just wanted to ask if you can and if you wouldnt mind! Thanks for your consideration, in advance!

I'm gonna build on this - I think it would be awesome to have the TAO map appear when pressing 'M' if you are moving while doing it! And the regular big map if at a standstill (or in a vehicle). Would make map-use while moving more natural than it is today. Maybe this could be elaborated even more, IDK.

I'm gonna build on this - I think it would be awesome to have the TAO map appear when pressing 'M' if you are moving while doing it! And the regular big map if at a standstill (or in a vehicle). Would make map-use while moving more natural than it is today. Maybe this could be elaborated even more, IDK.

For now map is centered on player when you open Tao Map. Good for regular difficulty bu bad for hardcore.

For now map is centered on player when you open Tao Map. Good for regular difficulty bu bad for hardcore.

You seem to have quoted the wrong post, this is unrelated as far as I can see?

Hey Taosenai,
is this mod still in active development? I would like to request the paper map to be foldable only on certain edges instead of centering on the player position - IOW it would show the "fold segment" the player is in and re-fold when the player moves to a different segment, but the fold offsets would be relative to the (0,0) corner of the big map instead of the player position. (Like real-life folding maps with pre-made folds.)

This would also significantly reduce the GPS-like nature of the paper map. Alternatively, don't rely on the player position at all and make the player shift folds left/right/up/down to completely detach it from the player position.

I was looking at the code as the idea seems rather simple, but I see you have different map scaling (?) for each map and the 100m/1km squares wouldn't probably align correctly to the folds if I did it the naive way.

Thanks.

Does anyone know why this mod no longer works after the latest Arma3 update? The map opens but it no longer shows the player position on the map.

I'm not sure if its an issue with the mod or with the new difficulty settings since the update. My unit plays on the hardest settings and it has always worked as designed until now.

yes I have the same issue cant see my location when in elite/veteran mode the black arrow has gone. anyone got a solution?

I think a config file is no longer needed. You can change the key bindings in the configuration menu.

Where do I find the configuration menu? I guess pressing ESC ingame, but there is no menu.

Running latest Arma3 1.60ish and latest CBA...

Where do I find the configuration menu? I guess pressing ESC ingame, but there is no menu.

In the ESC menu: Configure >> Controls >> Configure Addons (On the bottom of the menu) >> Select "Tao Folding Map" in the dropdown menu >> Now you can change your keybinds!

• Like 1

In the ESC menu: Configure >> Controls >> Configure Addons (On the bottom of the menu) >> Select "Tao Folding Map" in the dropdown menu >> Now you can change your keybinds!

Oh blimey. :)

Awesome. Thanks for continuing to update this after all these years.

BTW is this MP compatible?

As far as I'm aware playing on Veteran difficulty has ALWAYS never shown your location on the Map. You need to have map markers turned on (I think) for it to work.

Anyway it isn't hard figuring out where you are no matter where you open the map you are always in the middle on the Map. I often use it as a quick cheat if I have lost track of exactly where I am on the map if I don't have a GPS.

BTW is this MP compatible?

Yes, it is. It works fine in COOP and TvT on a dedicated server.

I can't thank Taosenai enough for this addon and I use it a lot in SP and MP.

Brilliant.

Bitte schone for confirming this.

Any chance of this being hosted on Steam's Workshop?

I think it'd be a good idea because it was increase the mod's visibility among the Arma community.

Plus, it would likely increase it's adoption, particularly among clans, due to ease of installation and updates.

FYI, Tao has been "afk" for a good year or so now without contact. He used to play regulary with our group, but stopt playing to focus on studies n such. I dont "think" he'd object to someone taking this on and actively working on this or taking responsibility for it, when i last talked to him his respone was "blimey! that still works! wow!" :)

Hi All,

Downloaded but didn't work. This what I have:-

Loaded Tao Floding Map into:

C:\Users\Christopher\Documents\Arma 3\Mods\Maps\@tao_foldmap_a3\Addons

Put Keys into keys folder :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Keys

Open Game Mods Tab, Loaded Mod & ticked .

Start Game go to Eden Editor Play Sceniaro, Shift m & Tao Map does not show up..only full map.

I do have the standard  map in Inventory. So Tao Map should show.

In Editor under Assets (Right Hand Side) F1. Map is listed in the drop down list, @tao_foldmap_a3 , but nothing under it! Is this correct?

Any Ideas?

Thanks

10 hours ago, Wiregauge said:

Hi All,

Downloaded but didn't work. This what I have:-

Loaded Tao Floding Map into:

C:\Users\Christopher\Documents\Arma 3\Mods\Maps\@tao_foldmap_a3\Addons

Put Keys into keys folder :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Keys

Open Game Mods Tab, Loaded Mod & ticked .

Start Game go to Eden Editor Play Sceniaro, Shift m & Tao Map does not show up..only full map.

I do have the standard  map in Inventory. So Tao Map should show.

In Editor under Assets (Right Hand Side) F1. Map is listed in the drop down list, @tao_foldmap_a3 , but nothing under it! Is this correct?

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Hi mate, make sure you're running @CBA with Tao Folding Map http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18767 :f: