I love the new version. Very handy to move the map to my left screen. Thank you so much.

2.6.1 is released, which requires CBA 1.0.8.14023 RC3.

Added support for several new BI and community maps. Thanks to Gundy!

See OP for download.

For this to work properly does the server need to execute the addon?

**EDIT**

I noticed your latest .zipped version does not come with a userconfig folder. I can't get it to open and I think this is the problem.

Edited by SpanishSurfer

For this to work properly does the server need to execute the addon?

**EDIT**

I noticed your latest .zipped version does not come with a userconfig folder. I can't get it to open and I think this is the problem.

The latest version of Tao Folding Map requires the latest CBA. CBA now includes a keybindings UI which can be found with the other in-game keybindings.

Now that everything is handled in-game there is no use for a userconfig.

Regarding the server, I believe this addon is client side only, so the server should only need the keys installed. However, I'm not completely sure about this.

My community has this addon installed client and server side because it doesn't take up any significant amount of space.

I installed the latest CBA and its working, thank you. I have noticed that my game map goes dark during night missions. Is this TAO folding map doing this? How do I remove it?

AFAIK shacktac autobrightness does that. Check for that .pbo if you are using ST addons.

AFAIK shacktac autobrightness does that. Check for that .pbo if you are using ST addons.

Ah, thanks!

Tablet map shows your grid position even, if you don't have GPS inside inventory. Could you kindly release a fix for that?

Thanks!

Tablet map shows your grid position even, if you don't have GPS inside inventory. Could you kindly release a fix for that?

Thanks!

I belive its only that way of you play on Recruit and Regular set the mission to above those 2 difficulty and it should work for your the way you want

Is there a way to make the map use the original folding that gets created the first time, instead of it creating a new one each time it opens?

At the moment the map is equal to a gps due to always centering on the player.

Yes. It would also be very nice to have a completely "dumb" map that doesnt change side automagically. But I guess I might as well print out my own paper version then.. Would still be nice to not get any help at all while navigating.

Hello,

If this mod is still being maintained I would like to see compatibility for the new CBA keybinding system added, or players will not be able to change the keybinds.

Thanks for your work

Hello,

If this mod is still being maintained I would like to see compatibility for the new CBA keybinding system added, or players will not be able to change the keybinds.

Thanks for your work

It is in your options - controls - mods such as TFAR

I really like this mod and I would like to continue using it. However unless there is an option to rebind the keys, one way or another, I'm afraid I won't be using this mod as much.

While we're waiting for the new CBA compatibility update, is it possible to use userconfig file to rebind actions to custom keys? If so can someone provide the .hpp file?

Updated to 2.7.0. Now uses latest CBA_fnc_addKeybind. Glad the CBA team fixed my mess. Requires latest CBA.

Get it from the OP post. Lightly tested (at best).

Taosenai,

Thank you for the update Sir.

You are a gentleman and a scholar, but for twenty bucks I keep that a secret :-)

B

Hi Tao,

you did not distribute the config hpp file in your zip package. My problem: settings do not seem to work. It does not show a paper map and keybinding is default ("shift+m"). I post my userconfig file.

Contents of:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\tao_foldmap_a3\tao_foldmap_a3.hpp

#include "\a3\editor_f\Data\Scripts\dikCodes.h"

// You may change the keys and combinations used to access and manipulate the map here.
// You can also customize the appearance of the map.

// For the names of all keys that Arma 3 can understand, see this wiki page:
// https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/DIK_KeyCodes#Defines

// Use a paper map instead of the default tablet style interface?
// This will also disable nightvision mode.
#define TAO_FOLDMAP_PAPER true

// !!!!!!! IMPORTANT !!!!!!!
// YOU MUST SET THIS TO TRUE TO USE THIS FILE FOR KEYBINDS!
// Otherwise, Tao Folding Map will ignore this file and use its internal defaults!
// !!!!!!! IMPORTANT !!!!!!!
#define TAO_FOLDMAP_USECUSTOMKEYS true

// Key combo to open/close the folding map
#define TAO_FOLDMAP_OPEN DIK_NUMPAD3
#define TAO_FOLDMAP_OPEN_SHIFT false
#define TAO_FOLDMAP_OPEN_CTRL false
#define TAO_FOLDMAP_OPEN_ALT false

// Key combo to recenter
#define TAO_FOLDMAP_CENTER DIK_NUMPAD3
#define TAO_FOLDMAP_CENTER_SHIFT true
#define TAO_FOLDMAP_CENTER_CTRL false
#define TAO_FOLDMAP_CENTER_ALT false

// Key combo to zoom in
#define TAO_FOLDMAP_ZOOMIN DIK_ADD
#define TAO_FOLDMAP_ZOOMIN_SHIFT true
#define TAO_FOLDMAP_ZOOMIN_CTRL true
#define TAO_FOLDMAP_ZOOMIN_ALT false

// Key combo to zoom out
#define TAO_FOLDMAP_ZOOMOUT DIK_SUBTRACT
#define TAO_FOLDMAP_ZOOMOUT_SHIFT true
#define TAO_FOLDMAP_ZOOMOUT_CTRL true
#define TAO_FOLDMAP_ZOOMOUT_ALT false

// Key combo to toggle nightvision (red) mode
#define TAO_FOLDMAP_NVMODE DIK_N
#define TAO_FOLDMAP_NVMODE_SHIFT false
#define TAO_FOLDMAP_NVMODE_CTRL true
#define TAO_FOLDMAP_NVMODE_ALT false

I think a config file is no longer needed. You can change the key bindings in the configuration menu.

I think a config file is no longer needed. You can change the key bindings in the configuration menu.

You are right, thanks.