Thanks Tao, GPS status bar looks fine now with small ArmA UI. Must say I also like the classic map. Will probably depend on the mission. The night PDA view is lovely as well.

Thanks for your great addon! Is there a way to turn off enemy indications on the paper map? (sorry if I read over this)

This is not Tao Folding Maps responsibility, but ArmAs. I think you may want to turn of "Extended map info" in the difficulty options. You should always use "Regular" btw., because only there you can tune every aspect of the game. This may be of interest for you: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Difficulty_Menu

Edited by tortuosit

Thanks, it looked like a good addition to a server I frequently play on but its MP so always a problem with who has it and who don't.

I will definitely use it in SP and my own little co-op missions :)

Issue: CTRL modifier on its own doesn't seem to work for zoom in/out (key bindings work whether CTRL is pressed or not), However SHIFT does work, and CTRL does work for recentre map,

Hmm no fix for this... so I guess I'll learn a bit about making addons for ArmA and debug it myself... lines 367-369 of init.sqf have incorrect variable names for the CTRL key setting from tao_foldmap_a3.hpp. Corrections needed are shown in red:

tao_foldmap_keyZoomIn = [TAO_FOLDMAP_ZOOMIN, TAO_FOLDMAP_ZOOMIN_SHIFT, TAO_FOLD[color="#FF0000"]MAP_[/color]ZOOMIN_CTRL, TAO_FOLDMAP_ZOOMIN_ALT];
tao_foldmap_keyZoomOut = [TAO_FOLDMAP_ZOOMOUT, TAO_FOLDMAP_ZOOMOUT_SHIFT, TAO_FOLD[color="#FF0000"]MAP_[/color]ZOOMOUT_CTRL, TAO_FOLDMAP_ZOOMOUT_ALT];
tao_foldmap_keyNVMode = [TAO_FOLDMAP_NVMODE, TAO_FOLDMAP_NVMODE_SHIFT, TAO_FOLD[color="#FF0000"]MAP_[/color]NVMODE_CTRL, TAO_FOLDMAP_NVMODE_ALT];

If I enable via the expansion menu in ArmA and restart, a second entry for folding maps then appears in the expansion menu....?
@subx: The second entry is just an Arma thing, I think.
Second entry on expansions list: I think I've got some vague memory of it happening with some mods on ArmA 2, no idea why though. Interestingly it doesn't happen with version 2.1 of the mod.

The class defined on line 14 of config,.cpp is what's causing the second entry to appear:

class CfgMods {
class tao_foldmap_a3 {
	dir = "tao_foldmap_a3";
	name = "Tao Folding Map";
	picture = "";
	hidePicture = "true";
	hideName = "false";
	actionName = "Website";
	action = "http://ryanschultz.org/arma-3/";
};
};

Now obviously I'm no expert with my full two hours worth of experience :) - but I believe it's unnecessary since (based on this old thread) it's just replicating the information from mod.cpp anyway.

Edited by subx

Sorry, I missed the report about the ctrl modifier. You're right about CfgMods. I think it maybe shouldn't behave that way, but it does. Arma 3 doesn't seem to read CfgMods until AFTER the mod is already loaded.

Release

- Fix ctrl modifier for custom key binds.

- Fix duplicate display in Expansions list.

Thanks for the update, think it's looking pretty much perfect now :)

Also I think the control weirdness that tortuosit reported was probably due to the same CTRL variable issue I found.

Is it possible that if you have gps it doesnt show a mark of your position?

Is it possible that if you have gps it doesnt show a mark of your position?

Its an ArmA setting, see my last post in this thread.

Anyone here use Glovepie for voice commands? Have you gotten it to work with this mod?

Anyone here use Glovepie for voice commands? Have you gotten it to work with this mod?

Not sure about voice commands, but GlovePIE seems to be able to control this mod without issue.

For example, if I set "X" to toggle the map in tao_foldmap_a3.hpp, I can then use GlovePIE to assign a button on my midi control surface to do that action:

GlovePIE script:

Pressed(midi0.cc46) => Key.X;

Edited by subx

Hello,

I wanted to post a screen for a bug concerning folding maps, the map in the UI is currently off center.

2014-04-26_00001.jpg

Fantastic Mod by the way.

Cheers

I wanted to post a screen for a bug concerning folding maps, the map in the UI is currently off center.

Can you also post your Interface Size, screen resolution, and aspect ratio? I'll look into this.

Great Master,

My Interface Size is Normal, screen is 1920 x 1080 and aspect is 16:9

I've asked other fellas who appear to also have the same issue, however I don't have their Display Specs. Also tried fiddling with the other Interface sizes but had no effect.

Thanks for your support.

TaoSenai,

I was playing Arma 2 ACE recently (havent playd it in a while) anywho. There is a neat feature, if your running or moving when your maps open, the map shakes. I was just wondering if you could impement an option like that. were if were moving and we have the folded map up.. it kinda moves around the corner of the screen. Just a slight up down left right, jiggling motion.. Kinda like weapon sway but for the map..

Im sure there going to be a ton of people that think its a dumb idea but i liked it in ACE the other day. I had to stand still to get a good look at the map. So with that if you can do it maybe an option to enable or disable map_shake... ?? for those that dont like the idea..

Anywho just wanted to ask if you can and if you wouldnt mind! Thanks for your consideration, in advance!

That's a pretty interesting idea. I'll see how much trouble it will be to implement.

Hi Taosenai,

I like this mod quite a bit. I'm wondering, would it be possible to add more flexibility to where the map is placed? I use a triple-monitor setup and I really wish I could have the map on either the left or right monitor so that it was out of the way.

Thanks,

Shadow

Hey Taosenai,

I wanted to chime in and let you know that I was able to resolve the issue on my own.

The problem occured in the userconfig. I just had to clean it up and delete an extra folder.

Everything is working as normal and this definitely would have been a difficult bug to reproduce on your end.

Thanks for your attention.

Here is my video review of this map. And i have had no FPS drop at all.

Wish there was a way to reduce its size somewhat AND put markers on it without going to main map. v2?? :P

Probably asked before but this would be amazing to have as an outside exe that ties into the arma 3 exe so you have have it as a separate open window for another screen. This way it doesn't take up any screen real-estate for those of us who use multiple monitors but only actually play on the one.

Version 2.6 is released, which includes support for my new CBA Keybinding system found in CBA 1.0.7.140710 RC2 (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?178224-CBA-Community-Base-Addons-ARMA-3&p=2728157#post2728157). Also many other requested features, including the ability to move the map.

CBA 1.0.7.140710 RC2 IS REQUIRED.

Changes

- CBA 1.0.7.140710 RC2 or later required.

- Use CBA Keybinding system to allow users to change keybinds in game via Main Menu -> Configure -> Controls -> Configure Addons.

- UserConfig file is no longer used or needed.

- Map can be persistently repositioned on the screen via the Configure Map menu (default Ctrl-Shift-Alt-M).

- Map can be changed between paper and tablet formats in-game via the Configure Map menu.

- Map now gently shakes when running or sprinting.

- Internal refactoring to improve display, paging reliability, and performance.

Mission or framework makers can force paper map mode if they would like by adding the following lines to their init.sqf:

tao_foldmap_changePermitted = false;
tao_foldmap_alternateDrawPaper = true;

DOWNLOAD: http://www.ryanschultz.org/arma3/@tao_foldmap_a3-2.6.zip

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Taosenai) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!