Hi Taosenai, I change a few code lines

if ("ItemGPS" in assignedItems player) then {
_gridPos = mapGridPosition getPos player;
       _date = format ["[%3/%2/%1 %4:%5] [%6]", date select 0, date select 1, date select 2, date select 3, _min, _gridPos];
((uiNamespace getVariable "Tao_FoldMap") displayCtrl tao_foldmap_mapCtrlStatusBarRight) ctrlSetText _date;
}else {
_date = format ["[%3/%2/%1 %4:%5]", date select 0, date select 1, date select 2, date select 3, _min];
((uiNamespace getVariable "Tao_FoldMap") displayCtrl tao_foldmap_mapCtrlStatusBarRight) ctrlSetText _date;
};

Thank you.

Can I find the old paper version anywhere? I would prefer to use a paper map.

@toruosit: What is your interface size? Are the letters are still cropped like that at "Normal"?

I use the smallest interface size. You're right, it's fine at "Normal".

---------- Post added at 13:53 ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 ----------

TAO, I have the following combination:

// Key combo to open/close the folding map
#define TAO_FOLDMAP_OPEN DIK_NUMPAD3
#define TAO_FOLDMAP_OPEN_SHIFT false
#define TAO_FOLDMAP_OPEN_CTRL false
#define TAO_FOLDMAP_OPEN_ALT false

// Key combo to toggle nightvision (red) mode
#define TAO_FOLDMAP_NVMODE DIK_NUMPAD3
#define TAO_FOLDMAP_NVMODE_SHIFT false
#define TAO_FOLDMAP_NVMODE_CTRL true
#define TAO_FOLDMAP_NVMODE_ALT false

Lets say I press numpad 3, without ctrl, numerous times. This is what happens:

1. tao_map appears in NV mode

2. tao_map disappears

3. tao_map appears in normal mode

4. tao_map disappears

5. goto 1

Can you do anything about it? If not its not such a big problem.

It's available on armaholic:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24830

Remember you won't have the latest features added by Taosenai.

Thank you!

If I may ask, what features is it missing? For me the important thing is that it behaves as a normal paper map, so I guess that features is not so important for me. No gadgets or help at all please :)

Taosenai; can one wish for an updated papermap with those fixes please? :)

Taosenai; can one wish for an updated papermap with those fixes please?

+1 i like this

How to change key, I mean rebinde keys?

@tortuosit: Will check out the behavior when the same key is overloaded with multiple possible modifier combinations. There's almost certainly a bug.

I won't maintain a paper version. The tablet interface better reflects the ability of the map to integrate GPS input, in-mission map marks, and unit tracking icons. It also fits the 2035 aesthetic better.

I won't maintain a paper version. The tablet interface better reflects the ability of the map to integrate GPS input, in-mission map marks, and unit tracking icons. It also fits the 2035 aesthetic better.

That's a real shame to hear. I was looking into this again recently, and if there was a paper version of it, I'd be pretty interested in trying it out again and potentially adopting it for my group. However, the tablet interface, and the "futuristic" nature of that, just doesn't do it for me and it's not what I want to be popping up on our screens when we're playing scenarios based in the 1970-2010 range, which is where our passions lie.

That's a real shame to hear. I was looking into this again recently, and if there was a paper version of it, I'd be pretty interested in trying it out again and potentially adopting it for my group. However, the tablet interface, and the "futuristic" nature of that, just doesn't do it for me and it's not what I want to be popping up on our screens when we're playing scenarios based in the 1970-2010 range, which is where our passions lie.

+1

Will have to life with the old version. Thanks anyway. Great addon.

I won't maintain a paper version.

Also saddened to hear this. Something about whooping out a paper map with all the markers turned off and checking your DAGR to manually find your fix... just feels right. I had even wondered how hard it would be to have the map orient to the direction you were facing if you pulled up your on-screen compass. Perhaps I may have to cook up my own version if the modding life calls to me... unless you decide to beat me to it.

Either way, I will still be using the current versions. Thank you for your work!

Man, when I made the paper version, everyone wanted a futuristic tablet. I put the sweat and tears into making the tablet, everyone wants the paper version back!

This must be how BI feels!

<3 I can't let you down Dslyecxi, since you featured this mod in the official Arma 3 mod video.

New version in OP.

papermap.jpg

- Paper map can now be chosen in the user config. Red nightvision mode will not be available. Default is still tablet.

- Re-add zx64 & Dslyecxi-based darkening/dimming code for night. Affects whole paper map. Only affects body of tablet.

- Fix status bar draw size at interface scales other than Normal.

<3 I can't let you down Dslyecxi, since you featured this mod in the official Arma 3 mod video.

Awesome, thanks!

- Paper map can now be chosen in the user config.

Now that's service! Thank you!

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Taosenai) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks for your great addon! Is there a way to turn off enemy indications on the paper map? (sorry if I read over this)

Man, when I made the paper version, everyone wanted a futuristic tablet. I put the sweat and tears into making the tablet, everyone wants the paper version back!

Taosenai

I am one of those (maybe those few) who prefer the new tablet design to the paper map. The reason is exactly the same you gave in one of your recent posts: The tablet look goes better with the near-future scenario of the game.

I can understand that someone who plays with more traditional forces prefers the paper map. Big thanks to you for satisfying both camps with your latest version!