Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Take big zoom and move player from area on map.

Close map and open again.

What u see? Do u see your player? No.

Reopen map should center player on map.

U can call it old school i call it problem.

Maybe there is option to choose what part of map u want to see, but i didn't found it.

A folded paper map is usually folded in thirds. So no, when you pull it out and open it up, it should not center on the player.

It should open up to the portion of the map that the player resides in, whether he is in the center of the map, or on the very edge of it.

This is not an iPad app....it's a pre-folded piece of paper.

Hi,

All seems to work fine, although I would have prefered mods stick with their initial key. Now admins need to change key aswell next to updating the mod, the latter is in my case is automated through play with six.

Thanks for the update!

It should open up to the portion of the map that the player resides in, whether he is in the center of the map, or on the very edge of it.

Like i said: take zoom and move soldier... then try to find on mini map ur current position. I can't find option to move on mini map like in real life using real map (yes i how to use map).

I don't wanna argue but first try to see problem then start writing posts about tablet apps....

If u see it, u will know why i wrote about player in center of mini map. I think it's easier to do so then moving map in minimap by another 3-4 key configuration.

Edited by lemondemon

Like i said: take zoom and move soldier... then try to find on mini map ur current position. I can't find option to move on mini map like in real life using real map (yes i how to use map).

I don't wanna argue but first try to see problem then start writing posts about tablet apps....

If u see it, u will know why i wrote about player in center of mini map. I think it's easier to do so then moving map in minimap by another 3-4 key configuration.

Well, as Taosenai pointed out, the mod is released under GPL and you are free to mod it as you please.

Let us know what you come up with.

Well, as Taosenai pointed out, the mod is released under GPL and you are free to mod it as you please.

Let us know what you come up with.

Is there sth between lines?

I don't know how and i think all suggestions (not post like urs) can help to make better mod.

Thx 1212PDMCDMPPM for taking this topic cause mod is nice but need a little bit to be more useful.

Here's a sneak peak of Tao Folding Map 2.2, coming soon-ish, as soon as I'm sure I'm out of ideas.

Because it's really just a map, there aren't a lot of cool features to add. Instead, I prettied it up -- now it looks like a tablet. (I love detail.) There are also improvements to map scrolling responsiveness and some internal refactoring. I'm testing a red 'night mode' which replaces the 'dimmed' mode at night, but I'm not sold on it yet.

Click for full-size:

http://www.ryanschultz.org/arma3/tsm-small.jpg

I agree w/Gliptal , that tablet version Mr. Tao showed a sneek peek of is the one I was looking forward to.

Good luck 1212PDMCDMPPM ! I hope you can get that tablet look/feel to it. Would make it feel more like something from this century. ;)

I have just released 2.3, incorporating all changes from the unreleased 2.2 version as well as the features added by 1212PDMCDMPPM (thanks very much to him for his work!!)

New features:

- Tablet art

- Toggleable night mode (Shift-Ctrl-Nightvision)

- Zoom in/out (thanks 1212PDMCDMPPM and I made it work with folding and some other stuff) (Shift-Ctrl-Zoom in/out)

- Appropriate zoom levels for Altis and A3MP maps (thanks 1212PDMCDMPPM!)

- Fixed the edge transition flicker thing FOREVER.

foldmap_night.jpg

Grab it from the OP or here:

Download for ARMA 3: Tao Folding Map 2.3 for Arma 3 (zip)

Key is included. ADMINS: YOU MUST UPDATE THE KEY IF GOING FROM 2.1 -> 2.3.

Very sorry but I messed up my keys and had to make a new one for this, so please be sure to overwrite the old Taosenai.bikey.

Yeah, just noticed the update via Six network. Some very welcome changes, thank you!

EDIT: Zooming works. Also the ST autobrightness. But tablet art? It looks as before here. It's a small pbo (28kb) from 26.2.2014 02:03pm and I would have expected an image file in it, there is none...

EDIT2: Downloaded the Armaholic version, this has the tablet look. Sexy night look. Zoom is ctr+shift+/- as described.

- The text on the top bar "Armacomm GPS..." does not fit into the background and is cut at the bottom.

- After a short while I have the problem that with shift+m it comes up and immediately hides again.

Edited by tortuosit

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Taosenai) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

v2.3 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@tao_foldmap_a3.png

@ Taosenai;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

v2.3 has the following config.cpp errors, taken from the ArmA 3 .rpt file:

File tao_foldmap_a3\config.cpp, line 78: '/RscTitles/Tao_FoldMap/Tao_FoldMapStatusBar.sizeEx': Missing ';' at the end of line
File tao_foldmap_a3\config.cpp, line 88: '/RscTitles/Tao_FoldMap/Tao_FoldMapStatusBarTextRight.sizeEx': Missing ';' at the end of line
File tao_foldmap_a3\config.cpp, line 98: '/RscTitles/Tao_FoldMap/Tao_FoldMapStatusBarTextLeft.sizeEx': Missing ';' at the end of line

If I enable via the expansion menu in ArmA and restart, a second entry for folding maps then appears in the expansion menu....?

Re: the controls: You can't use modifier keys with mouse/joystick buttons, so I'm unable to zoom the map becuase I use the mouse wheel to zoom. So being able to configure the keys would be a real help (even if it's done by manually hacking a config file like with VTS weapon resting).

Also didn't you used to be able to recentre the map? Can't seem to do that anymore...?

When the map was "paper" it made sense that it didn't scroll, but now it looks like a tablet there no longer seems to be a reason for it to be static.

Edited by subx

@subx: The second entry is just an Arma thing, I think. You can recenter by pressing Shift-Ctrl-M at any time. And your wish, granted:

2.4 released in the first post.

- Add configurable keybinds, off by default. See UserConfig\tao_foldmap_a3\tao_foldmap_a3.hpp.

- Resolve some missing semi-colons in config.cpp.

I've changed in "Arma 3\userconfig\tao_foldmap_a3\tao_foldmap_a3.hpp" the following, but it still only reacts on shift+m, why?

// Key combo to open/close the folding map

#define TAO_FOLDMAP_OPEN DIK_NUMPAD3

#define TAO_FOLDMAP_OPEN_SHIFT false

#define TAO_FOLDMAP_OPEN_CTRL false

#define TAO_FOLDMAP_OPEN_ALT false

Did you also change this line in the config to true? Otherwise the config file is ignored.

// !!! PAY ATTENTION !!!

// YOU MUST SET THIS TO TRUE TO USE THIS FILE!

// Otherwise, Tao Folding Map will use default modified game keys and ignore this!

#define TAO_FOLDMAP_USEBUILTINKEYS false

If you did change that line to true, there could be a bug. It did work in testing (for me), though.

If you did change that line, please open the editor, and in the debug console get the value of the variable tao_foldmap_keyOpen and paste it here.

Edit: I've just realized that #define does the opposite of what its name implies -- if you set it to true, it doesn't use built-in keys... *facepalm* At least the comment gives the correct information. I'll make a point release later today to resolve this before it causes any more confusion.

Edited by Taosenai

Thanks and you are right, with "true" the userdefined key works :D

TAO, the letters on top of the PDA are still cut, see screenshot:

2014-03-21_00001c9uz7.jpg

Edited by tortuosit

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Taosenai) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

Edited by Guest
updated to latest version

Tiny update.

- Fix variable name in config to make sense.

@toruosit: What is your interface size? Are the letters are still cropped like that at "Normal"?

Thanks for adding the option for manual key bindings, much appreciated :)

Second entry on expansions list: I think I've got some vague memory of it happening with some mods on ArmA 2, no idea why though. Interestingly it doesn't happen with version 2.1 of the mod.

Issue: CTRL modifier on its own doesn't seem to work for zoom in/out (key bindings work whether CTRL is pressed or not), However SHIFT does work, and CTRL does work for recentre map,