Damn... it works only if I don´t loadup all my mods (A3+CBA works like before, A3+CBA+MODS is FUBAR), must be something I´ve installed recently... maybe holster sidearm, I´ll test right now and be back in a minute!

[few mins later] still no go, I´ll try removing every addon i´ve added up since september 4th =/

BTW, TMR issue with missing scope overlay on load is fixed for me lol ;D

[after testing and narrowing the issue] NAILED IT! it was ww_aimenu that was the cause of conflict! Now the folding map it is working again, I´ll tell windward bout this issue and see if he can recode his mod (I like the new ai menu, it would be a shaem to just dump it)

Tao, could you make folding map a CBA free addon??? So it doen´t stops working after a reload! =)

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]
testing and nailing the prob

Reload a saved game, CBA based addons usually don´t load up again, it happens with your folding map, VTS resting weapon addon, don´t know it Sickboy and all the folks behind CBA are researching about this issue, but it´s a fact =/

;2493706']Damn... it works only if I don´t loadup all my mods (A3+CBA works like before' date=' A3+CBA+MODS is FUBAR), must be something I´ve installed recently... maybe holster sidearm, I´ll test right now and be back in a minute!

[few mins later'] still no go, I´ll try removing every addon i´ve added up since september 4th =/

BTW, TMR issue with missing scope overlay on load is fixed for me lol ;D

[after testing and narrowing the issue] NAILED IT! it was ww_aimenu that was the cause of conflict! Now the folding map it is working again, I´ll tell windward bout this issue and see if he can recode his mod (I like the new ai menu, it would be a shaem to just dump it)

Tao, could you make folding map a CBA free addon??? So it doen´t stops working after a reload! =)

Thanks for the info, I'll add it to the Mod Compatibilities thread.

Yay!

Ill second that

i know this might sound silly, but is their a way you can make it stay centered on the player. (basicly a oversized GPS)

i ask becuase its easier to use this then the GPS since its more zoomed out. it would actually fit with the tablet move since they use a electronic topo map

Maybe keep the folding map like it is (since it is a folded map after all) and ovveride the GPS with a nicer tablet like one, like nimrod si saying?

Yay!

Love this mod.

Wondering; anyway to use the folding map ONLY? No big map in inventory.

I want to use the big map for Intel-type stuff, briefings, etc, BUT use the

smaller-more-realistic folding map when in-country. Possible?

Also, how would you use this with Artillery? I'm guessing you can only point

to area in-world OR use big map only? Hmmmm

These are some good ideas. I especially like the idea of being able to disable the big map and have players rely on the small map (mission maker's decision, of course).

The future of this will be with TMR, however, as the datapad version will be becoming a multipurpose device that includes a map, weapons range tables, intel photos that can be added by the mission maker, remote camera streams added by the mission maker, and other stuff. It'll also have custom key bindings and such.

This is a target feature for TMR 0.4.

A great and useful mod. My ultimate dream is the Far Cry 2 map though - i.e. the map is an in-game item like binoculars and can be equipped by pressing M (like binoculars by pressing B). The player unit will take out the map and you press LMB to bring it up just below your head like you would a weapon, RMB to zoom in/ hold it directly in front of you.

For those that haven't played FC2 - like this https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-csuQPq96MC1v5uI79EF35F7x2QoSfdmT0IuT-5Yt3Jj-70s5Ag

I'm sure this is possible in Arma - but would be quite technical to code

A great and useful mod. My ultimate dream is the Far Cry 2 map though - i.e. the map is an in-game item like binoculars and can be equipped by pressing M (like binoculars by pressing B). The player unit will take out the map and you press LMB to bring it up just below your head like you would a weapon, RMB to zoom in/ hold it directly in front of you.

For those that haven't played FC2 - like this https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-csuQPq96MC1v5uI79EF35F7x2QoSfdmT0IuT-5Yt3Jj-70s5Ag

I'm sure this is possible in Arma - but would be quite technical to code

It's very possible but I don't think you can use the M key for it since it is hard coded into the engine to go to that particular screen, you'll need to use shift M like this mod does.

Great mod by the way :)

Edited by NodUnit

Hey partner, thought I'd check back in.

Working on a related issue (see also above) and here's what I found so far:

Description.ext

showMap = 0;

This will disable the BIG Map, but if you have a Map in your Inventory YOUR Map still works! Cool.

The GPS is a different matter. If anyone has one, the BIG Map still works though... My 2 cents.

I love this mod, as not only is it a bit more realistic, it is much more streamlined then the standard map cocoon you are normally in when referring to your map in Arma.

I was looking at this to support an artillery mod where you send the grid ref (as opposed to clicking on the map) but have hit a bit of a snag...

I originally thought the the grid lines are wrong from this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74159983/Arma3/TAO%20Map/TAO%20Map.jpg

According to that screenshot, I am in GS 017 068

Also note - It goes from 069 to 080

The actual grid is 017 058

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74159983/Arma3/TAO%20Map/BIS%20map.jpg

What I have discovered from Altis and Stratis testing is (I believe) the numbering is actually accurate, it is just the font use means that 5 looks like 6 and 6 and 8 are quite difficult to differntiate (especially on the fly)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74159983/Arma3/TAO%20Map/TAO%20Map%20numbers.jpg

I havent seen anyone else report this issue so not sure if it just me or noone else has noticed... Is there any workaround for this at all? Or is it just me?

----------------------

Also - side note about the map v tablet version. While tablet style versions will no doubt be in use, the paper map will never not be used; it is cheap to mass produce and can be easily folded down and tucked into a pocket. Tablets offer more power for but the infantryman on the ground, the old paper map cannot be replaced.

The default tao_foldmap_mapScale is set to 0.2, a good value for Stratis but not of any use on Altis if you use Tao Foldmap as an infantry tactical map (IMHO).

The vanilla Arma 3 maps have a mapsize that we can get to calculate the right mapscale but it's not working for other maps (like A3MP).

I see two ways to solve that:

1. hardcode mapscale based on map name. Really easy to do directly on the pbo, more work (at least for me) if we want the addon to read it from a userconfig file.

2. add a way to zoom in and out the Tao foldmap (again, easy, my crude test version is already working).

So my questions are:

- is the author or anybody else maintaining this mod ? if yes, can we get in touch so I can share my update ?

- if not, do you want me to release the zoom in/out capable version ? In this case, I may need some help to sign the new version of the addon.

Thx.

I don't think the author is still behind this.

Personally I would prefer an hardcoded mapscale, since it would retain the "real map" look of the Mod.

Yay!

Gliptal, I was thinking the same until yesterday where I had to fly all the way through Altis with the not so useful vanilla GPS.

What I can do is calculate the default map scale for vanilla and A3MP maps and leave the zoom in/out function as a poor man GPS for pilot and as a way to deal with other maps.

I'll wait a little bit more to let the author answer and others to bring their own opinion on what to modifiy (but beware, I started coding in Arma 2 weeks ago, so I'm really a noob !! ;) ).

Feel free to release modifications; Tao Folding Map is released under the GPL and has always been, I believe.

Feel free to release modifications; Tao Folding Map is released under the GPL and has always been, I believe.
I remember you had a nice Pad skin you showed us some time ago: any possibility you could lend it over to 1212PDMCDMPPM? This would make the zooming function a more viable solution from a realism point of view!

Yay!

EDIT: Found it!

tsm-small.jpg

Here's my first try on a new release:

- Added proper map scale for Altis and A3MP v1.3

- Added zoom in/out capability (Ctrl-Shit-Up and Down)

Download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qedlt7gau0nypvx/%40tao_foldmap_a3.zip

(please, tell me if there's a issue with the key - first time I'm doing that)

Gliptal, I have no clue (for now) how I should add this really nice tablet feel. I'll dig in the editing wiki but if Taosenai (or anybody else) could help me it will be faster.

Again, Taosenai, this is your mod: feel free to update it as you wish, based on your work only or from my tiny addition.

EDIT:

@lemondemon: I hope the wait was not too long ! ;)

Edited by 1212PDMCDMPPM

That was fast;p

Is it possible that player stay in middle of the map, like in GPS?

Map should move not player.

Edited by lemondemon

That was fast;p

Is it possible that player stay in middle of the map, like in GPS?

Map should move not player.

Then it wouldnt be a map anymore tbh, you want some kind of tablet/large GPS mate :)

Perhaps it could be another version, as i dont think everybody want this.

I quite enjoy the old school fold map style hehe.

Then it wouldnt be a map anymore tbh, you want some kind of tablet/large GPS mate :)

Perhaps it could be another version, as i dont think everybody want this.

I quite enjoy the old school fold map style hehe.

Take big zoom and move player from area on map.

Close map and open again.

What u see? Do u see your player? No.

Reopen map should center player on map.

U can call it old school i call it problem.

Maybe there is option to choose what part of map u want to see, but i didn't found it.

Edited by lemondemon