As per the first post of the thread says "REQUIRES CBA for ARMA 3 (@CBA_A3)". Do you have CBA installed and activated when using the addon?

That was it, mate.

Thank you so much.

Its all working.

Just wanted you to know that with the latest development build (that has full Beta content) your Mod does not work anymore...

There's so much to do in the Beta, so don't worry if you can or want not to fix this anytime soon! :D

Yay!

Working on it now. (I wonder what broke! I didn't even think it'd be necessary to test it.)

---------- Post added at 05:21 ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 ----------

Bug is caused by CBA bug #72116 (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/72116) which has broken many mods using XEH in A3 beta. I can't fix it on my end. In the tracker link there is an updated cba_xeh.pbo, which it will run with, if you critically need a folding map for the weekend :- D

CBA fix release scheduled for ~June 25.

I've made a few changes behind the scenes for Folding Map but it's really just code refactoring and an improvement to the responsiveness for the 'close map' keystroke. I may make a small-ish release after the beta is settled in.

Nice work, good to hear! :D

Yay!

Here's a sneak peak of Tao Folding Map 2.2, coming soon-ish, as soon as I'm sure I'm out of ideas.

Because it's really just a map, there aren't a lot of cool features to add. Instead, I prettied it up -- now it looks like a tablet. (I love detail.) There are also improvements to map scrolling responsiveness and some internal refactoring. I'm testing a red 'night mode' which replaces the 'dimmed' mode at night, but I'm not sold on it yet.

Click for full-size:

tsm-small.jpg

Here's a sneak peak of Tao Folding Map 2.2, coming soon-ish, as soon as I'm sure I'm out of ideas.

Because it's really just a map, there aren't a lot of cool features to add. Instead, I prettied it up -- now it looks like a tablet. (I love detail.) There are also improvements to map scrolling responsiveness and some internal refactoring. I'm testing a red 'night mode' which replaces the 'dimmed' mode at night, but I'm not sold on it yet.

Click for full-size:

http://www.ryanschultz.org/arma3/tsm-small.jpg

Ahh!! very nice man, love it.

Click for full-size:

http://www.ryanschultz.org/arma3/tsm-small.jpg

Perhaps just have it automatically dim at night with a button for red mode? It would be very cool if bringing it up caused your player to do the map holding animation but with a light in his hand, so units viewing their map would be visible at night, except with a red light at max dim setting.

Its real pretty, but its not exactly a folded map is it ;P

Its real pretty, but its not exactly a folded map is it ;P

no, but its likely what most modern nations will be using in 5-10 years time. espically if someone can make those flexiable screens viable (they where shown working at CES)

First off, let me say how wonderful and useful this mod is! Outstanding work!

But, I've come across an issue, which I suspect isn't very common:

I was playing on the Ahoyworld I&A US server last night, and was using the folding map (since they have authorized it).

Now, I'm left handed, so I switched my keyboard controls around to the arrow keys and surrounding keys. I use right shift as the sprint key.

While playing, I've had multiple moments where I would be sprinting (Shift + Up Arrow), and the map would open itself.

I suspect it's a conflict with the key bindings, as Shift+Up is also the center map key for your mod. This is further evidenced by the fact that I can't sprint if the map has been opened already.

I know you said there isn't an easy way to hook into the keyboard controls, but I hope you will find a way to pull it off.

I'll work around this by reassigning my sprint key, but custom keybind assignment would improve this a lot.

After using this for a week or so, i gotta say this is a must have addon for me!

Thanks for your effort! :cool:

To further elaborate my "issue": I found out it happens when I press Shift + Left Arrow Key. It opens up the map, like Shift + M would. Shift + Up and Shift + Right don't.

I like the idea of having a button to switch on the night mode, and having a little glow could be cool, too. I'll look into that. I don't want to add any more keybinds, so I may add a 'clickable overlay' that pops up when you press some key combo.

But as NBGZerO shows, keybinds quickly cause problems with custom control layouts. I am working on something that will allow custom keybinds, but I'm implementing a sort of 'general interface' so that my future mods can use the same thing and have it all in the same menu. It's a far off project, though, so in the next version of this I will add a simple config file so that you can edit the key combo for re-center.

In the meantime I personally like using W+S (or, in your case, Up Arrow + Down Arrow) for sprint. Just rock your finger back onto the down arrow while holding the up arrow and you'll sprint forward. You can press both at the same time in the Controls settings and it'll show it like that.

Yeah, I think I will use 2xUp for sprint instead of Shift in the meanwhile. But I really support this mod, so I wanted to point out potential issues. I don't think that too many people will have Shift as their sprint key :)

Great addon ;)

Very useful addon :)

Many thanks to the author of this little but useful addon :)

Tao_senpai! (sorry, couldn´t resist ;) I´ve noticed that your addon stopped working after dev mode latest patch (.77109) and I really miss it (it´s so goddamn useful)!

Has anyone else noticed that or it´s something in my end?

It certainly doesn't work as reliably. Sometimes it works, then after some time is fails. I do love it however!

Just a note that it still does work for me. Maybe if people mentioned the circumstances where it isn't working?

Looking into this.

---------- Post added at 14:01 ---------- Previous post was at 13:01 ----------

I can't verify any issue. Please make sure you're running the latest version of CBA and Tao Folding Map.

If the issue persists: What mission? Does it work in the editor?

It is working fine for me. (Dev branch)

Sometimes when I enable the mod I forget to turn on CBA. Then it doesn't work like Taosenai said.

I have a small bug.

The map appearance animation goes from bottom of the screen. At night you also have the nice feature for auto dim map, which overlaps the shown map.

During the animation the map has a short distance between bottom screen where it is partly undimmed.

Edited by sik

Known issue. I think I may have fixed in the fancy datapad version. I'm delaying that until it has some compelling feature other than a new look, though...