Hi guys, I installed this mod along with the UK forces mod and both mods show up in the options menu , tick both to enable and then restart ARMA, when you go back to options both mods are un-ticked again and not enabled tho ?

Hi guys, I installed this mod along with the UK forces mod and both mods show up in the options menu , tick both to enable and then restart ARMA, when you go back to options both mods are un-ticked again and not enabled tho ?
You are not playing with Alpha Lite, are you?

Yay!

Nope, the real deal Alpha Full ?

All I did was created a folder in the Arma install path called MOD, extracted the contents of both archives and dropped them into that new folder, both mods appear in their own sub folder, did I do something wrong there? I assume not as they appear in the expansion menu in game ?

Awesome mod, just 1 question, is anyone else having issues with this on dedi servers. I understand this to be client side, however even when I do put it on the dedi I am unable to use it.

Thoughts?

Again, Amazing work, sooooooo awesome!!

All I did was created a folder in the Arma install path called MOD, extracted the contents of both archives and dropped them into that new folder, both mods appear in their own sub folder, did I do something wrong there? I assume not as they appear in the expansion menu in game ?

You must put the folder named with the '@' in the ArmA III path...

Yay!

Ah, I misunderstood the way that the BIkey signing system works. Of course it is public/private/sign like GPG. I will add my public BIkey to the first post for server admins and include it in later versions. This way you'll be able to use it on public servers that restrict you to only signed addons (if they authorize this).

If the map is ever flickering because you've crossed the border, press Ctrl-Up Arrow to realign it. I'm not entirely sure what could still be causing that bug. Hopefully I'll eventually stumble upon a way to reliably reproduce it so I can solve it. I haven't had much time to mess with it at all lately.

BIKey: Taosenai.bikey

Edited by Taosenai

Just asking but: wouldn´t it be easier if i would be fixed in the middle of the map and the whole map moves instead of me? I think this would be even more useful than the current version.

From the OP:

It is unique in that it is not centered on your current position. Instead, it is 'folded' into areas. This lets you keep a continuous perspective on the battlefield. The page is changed automatically when you cross over the edge.
Thus, it's intended, and should IMHO remain like this: it adds some sort of realism to it's use for starters...

Yay!

Sorry for OT, but here it comes:

Just drop the two addons extracted folders into you arma3 installation folder. So inside this addons zip file is a folder called @tao_foldmap_a3. Just extract that folder with its content into arma3 folder. No need to create any other folders.

Do the same with UK forces addon and it should work. I guess you can just move the two mods out from your 'MOD' folder and your set..?

If you like to keep them in a defined folder, like your 'MOD' it's possible. Then you have to either dump all addons together in there which can get messy, or define more exact where the game can find them. I wouldnt recommend any of that right now but I just wanted you to know there are different ways of getting it to work :) This, partly outdated, link explains the basics: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Modfolders

To not continue this offtopic you can search the forums for modfolder if you want/need to know more, or just send me a PM if you cant figure it out.

@Tao. Excellent addon :) Thank you very much!

Nice addon, thanks! :D

Would it be possible to make the map keys (esp. the shift-arrow combinations) rebindable? I'm using arrow keys for movement and shift for temp. walking - which makes the map jump around when opened atm.

Wait, I thought the GPS = Map marker thing didn't work?

Wait, I thought the GPS = Map marker thing didn't work?

Might have something to do with me using the Devbuild?

Tried it, and while it did work in the devbuild, it also worked in the stable build, provided I was actually using the two higher difficulties. Only problem is that the difficulty simply wont remain the one you pick if I use any other profile than the default one.

Tried it, and while it did work in the devbuild, it also worked in the stable build, provided I was actually using the two higher difficulties. Only problem is that the difficulty simply wont remain the one you pick if I use any other profile than the default one.

Strange, i just jumped into the editor, which by default is regular i belive.

I haven't tried it on a dedicated server yet.

Ok, right now the CMI Command Improvement Mod breaks, among this one, two more Mods (Mag Repack and Jump MF): Outlawled (Mag Repack Mod creator) found the issue with his to be CMI using displaySetEventHandler instead of displayAddEventHandler... Could this be the same case with your Mod?

Also, if you could check this thread about compatibility we could keep the issue tracking organized: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152461-Overall-Mod-compatibility-aka-Will-Mods-A-and-B-work-togheter

Yay!

Edited by Gliptal

Hi,

Really like what youve done, can you advise how I can do the following:

1: Change the position of the map on screen. I use 3 screens and when I open the map it adjusts to either the left or right of the center screen only. I would like to put it over to the left screen. ( I tried adjusting the value's in the .pbo but ended up just having the whole thing stop working )

2: Add a custom key bind - shift m works fine, but I would like to add it to a joystick button.

I have read through the posts and can't find anything that covers the above.

Thanks!

Sorry I'm slow to reply, I always forget to check here.

Thanks for making the video! I will put it in the first post.

I'm not quite sure what the GPS discussion is, but Folding Map will show the arrow on the map even if you are on a difficulty where it is not allowed so long as you have a GPS in your inventory. I think that may be what you're discussing. On Normal it will display the usual navigation circle thing that you see on the big map and the GPS. On Veteran and higher, it will draw instead a blue arrow, as you see in Scarecrow398's video.

Gliptal: Just checked and I am using displayAddEventHandler, so any mod that used displaySetEventHandler (which should essentially be no mod, ever, as far as I know) would indeed break it.

Ratcatcher722: I am using the safeZone variables, which is why it only lets you use the center screen. To some extent I like that it goes on your center screen -- it's meant to be popped up, referenced, then closed, as if you were looking at a map on a wrist tablet type thing or a pocket map. I'll think about adding a 'fine adjustment' scheme so you can just slide it around, but I'm not quite sure how to do that effectively.

As for the key bind, Shift-M is the default, but it can be Shift-<any button mapped to the Open Map action in the Controls>. So if you have the alt button on your joystick mapped to be shift and then set a stick button to open the big map, alt-that button will open this map. I would like to make the key command configurable easily but AFAIK there is no easy way to hook into the in-game controls menu, so I'd have to make my own little dialog, etc. I'm hoping someone (CBA?) will come up with a standardized method for modders to expose their configurable keys and such to the UI.

Gliptal: Just checked and I am using displayAddEventHandler, so any mod that used displaySetEventHandler (which should essentially be no mod, ever, as far as I know) would indeed break it.
CMI Command was using it, bit that was corrected with the latest update so now the Mods work togheter with no issues!

Yay!

Is anyone still having flickering issues with the map when they open it? I haven't had much time to play Arma 3 lately so I'd like to confirm that I squashed that bug.

Is anyone still having flickering issues with the map when they open it? I haven't had much time to play Arma 3 lately so I'd like to confirm that I squashed that bug.

Ive only seen the flickering once after 0.54, but i dont know why it did it though. 99% of the time it works just fine. :)

Great addon mate.

Hey, Tao. Thank you so much for this! Really handy!

By the way i cant get it to work. When i open the game and iniciates the ADDONS i get this error msg:

Addon 'to_foldermap_a3' requires addon 'CBA_HEX'

Can someone help?

Thx.

Hey, Tao. Thank you so much for this! Really handy!

By the way i cant get it to work. When i open the game and iniciates the ADDONS i get this error msg:

Addon 'to_foldermap_a3' requires addon 'CBA_HEX'

Can someone help?

Thx.

As per the first post of the thread says "REQUIRES CBA for ARMA 3 (@CBA_A3)". Do you have CBA installed and activated when using the addon?