Sign in to follow this  
Kodokai

ARMA3 fluidity/animation lockouts?

Anyone else finding some of the "mechanics" of this game an annoyance? For example you have to stop/stand & until animation is finished just to switch between a rifle/pistol. I know this function has been in this franchise a while but it really has to go, for an mil-sim if you can't switch to your pistol whilst on the move you have no place in armed forces.

Thats just one of the so called animation lockouts which breaks the fluidity of gameplay/leaves you exposed, another would be vaulting over an object which leaves you exposed during the two secondish animation.

Alpha is alpha. Still WIP.

Report it on the feedback site or vote up existing matters. :)

This is why we're in the Alpha.

You can report this issue at the official ArmA 3 Feedback Tracker. On the top left you will see an option to login or sign up for a new account, you can use your BI Profile to log in as well. But please search before reporting a new issue. Search can be found on the View Issues page.

Alpha is alpha. Still WIP.

True but its still in arma 2 till this day.

You can report this issue at the official ArmA 3 Feedback Tracker. On the top left you will see an option to login or sign up for a new account, you can use your BI Profile to log in as well. But please search before reporting a new issue. Search can be found on the View Issues page.

Will do, i was seeking peoples opinions on the whole freezing whilst switching weapons seems its never been altered in the past.

Edit: Someone beat me to it.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=1819