Sign in to follow this  
somedood

Request- Gore Mod

Hey modders, I remember BI devs said once dismembement will be possible in ARMA 3 engine. I know many people would like to see such a mod.

Link to statement from BIS?

I'm all for expanding the game anyway possible, as its user choice to include or not include mods, but there are always ethical and emotional issues that come with this kinda work.

Not sure if I am one for the gore but as an optional Addon within Arma 3 that would be good.

Link to statement from BIS?

I'm all for expanding the game anyway possible, as its user choice to include or not include mods, but there are always ethical and emotional issues that come with this kinda work.

This is ridiculous, ethical and emotional issues? well in real life war's a messy game and some people like authenticity. If you don't then nobodies forcing you to download the mod.

This is ridiculous, ethical and emotional issues? well in real life war's a messy game and some people like authenticity. If you don't then nobodies forcing you to download the mod.
Next will be the old discussion from 2002 about the rape button after female civilians were introduces in OFP:R

Great Idea an yes BIS did say it was possible.

I want gore too, nothing manga style though

Yes someone please make a gore mod for Arma 3, then all I have to wait for is a sound mod and possibly ace and we will have the ultimate mil sim.

You may feel that my opinion is ridiculous, I do not. You will also find I that I did say it was users choice on mods. However, there are always issues for BIS about what adult/graphic content their community start creating and broadcasting.

This causes more issues than you may think for development, if they were to add gore, not only would they have to, at the minimum, enable it and edit models, configs, add textures, test it to ensure its works, test to ensure stupid shit like 9mm rounds decapitate or that flying arms can kill, then they have to release a entirely different copy of the game with all of the above disabled (and tested) for country's like Germany that are strict on violence (In case you didn't know Germany had a different version of A2 due to bodies being manipulated).

This causes more issues than you may think for development, if they were to add gore, not only would they have to, at the minimum, enable it and edit models, configs, add textures, test it to ensure its works, test to ensure stupid shit like 9mm rounds decapitate or that flying arms can kill, then they have to release a entirely different copy of the game with all of the above disabled (and tested) for country's like Germany that are strict on violence (In case you didn't know Germany had a different version of A2 due to bodies being manipulated).

It can be a mod, it doesnt have to be a part of the main game or they could still add it to the game and just have the option to disable it. Also this is a military simulator, gore is something that is in war so quit being such panzies about it, its just extra blood and stuff.

Talking about modding it in, and talking about "ethical and emotional" issues in a military simulation, designed to replicate warfare in digital form is a bit ridiculous. If dismemberment bothers you in a cheesy video game form, then so should shooting people in video game form. Cause guess what, bullets and explosions dismember people. None of that is aimed at you, guy quoted in the post except the first few words. But this is, I wouldn't stay in a country that banned video games because of "violence". The violence, even in arma is laughable if you know what it looks like in reality. Or a country that regulated my internet use, and banned firearms cough Australia.

This would be a good mod consider developing. Not so we can act like twelve year-olds and shoot arms off dead people and snicker at it- but it actually can add that extra level of immersion. I remember playing Red Orchestra for the first time, running behind a few guys when a artillery round landed and blew off the leg of a guy in front of me- I was so tuned out to the actual world around me. I was 100% focused on the game, that battle, and the fact that this dude just got wrecked and I was running around like a headless chicken trying to find a place to hide.

Makes perfect sense for BI not to actually include this (as of yet at least) in the game - they've got a lot more ridiculous hoops to jump through when one of our talented community modders can create the content and just release it.

Hey, remember when there were mass graves in Arma 2?

Edit: Oh yeah, and a severely beaten woman. It's cool though, because she couldn't hold a gun.

Edited by roshnak

I agree that it should be a mod or maybe an Expansion..

but.... I also want to add my penny..

Gore and dismemberment is a part of WAR.. this is a military sim, digital war. Some people might think this is a stupid comparison, however, the movie saving private ryan, in my view best depicts how explosions affect the body. Again I know its a movie, but the simple fact that bodies are fluid, held together by membranes over a ridged skeletal structure.. When the shock wave of an intense explosion hits a body it literally Splashes apart. if you have seen the movie you know some particular scenes that I am referencing. If your remember a mod called SLX for A2, you will remember the few but awesome gore effects it added.. Now there is real ragdoll effects. Couple this with some well thought out dismemberment mods, and you have real immersion.

I saw a HE grenade hit player in the head the other day(witnessed didn't make the shot), now with the current setup. the body didn't move at all. Except the sudden slouch and slump over. the body didn't fly back(opposite the direction of impact). or make any motion of the sort. just fell into the explosion and slumped over..

With the proper ragdoll settings.. and gore/dismemberment effects. An HE to the head should be seen as follows:

HE> Head > Boom > Big blood splash in opposite direction> Head Gone(mostly gone)> body forced back and away from explosion center> blood pooling around Large head wound( or lack of head). Maybe you took an HE round to the leg. You should loose the leg. This bring up another idea for a mod. How about a Prosthetic mod! for when people do loose their legs. They can be outfitted with a prosthetic limb! If you get shot in the head with a 50cal. do you think there is a head left... NO.. Depending on the exact position of the hit you could loose the whole head.. just the top .. the side's. Same story but your shoulder , your elbow , your knee. maybe your shot in the foot. all potential dismemberment points.

I have to reference Virtual Battle Space 2..

there is dismemberment, you can loose limbs. Why would they add that? Because it is a part of war. you have to deal with it. its not about morality, or even Maturity, it is about staying true to the Simulation of War. Gore and Dismemberment Happens..

I fore one really hope that someone takes this seriously an adds a well thought out dismemberment/wounding system. Honestly, It could be the future of the ACE mod for A3. it fits the model.. there are IV bags in ACE that were never usable. a CAT would be mandatory for a lost limb.. it would add a real depth to the medic position, possibly leading to the need for a full fledged Dr. required for treatment of lost limbs.

the possibilities are Awesome ..

This is NOT Call of Duty. you don't just magically regain your health. if you are shot in the leg you should loose the ability to walk for a period time (this does happen currently, however, with dismemberment you would be rendered combat ineffective and have to be carted off until you could be treated by a proper Dr. in a hospital. And the the proper prosthetic.

maybe its just me but I like that depth of gameplay. that is why I play arma

Edited by Lordprimate

should be a mission/server thing, cause how do you want to make medical treathment for a lost legg ive the medic dont sees anything else then blood skin on the unit :/

yup they said it would be moddable but not in stock game, plus i cant believe people bring morals into this subject, whilst playing a war sim.. demented

Talking about modding it in, and talking about "ethical and emotional" issues in a military simulation, designed to replicate warfare in digital form is a bit ridiculous. If dismemberment bothers you in a cheesy video game form, then so should shooting people in video game form. Cause guess what, bullets and explosions dismember people. None of that is aimed at you, guy quoted in the post except the first few words. But this is, I wouldn't stay in a country that banned video games because of "violence". The violence, even in arma is laughable if you know what it looks like in reality. Or a country that regulated my internet use, and banned firearms cough Australia.

First of all, i don't have a issue with it, or with modding it, i was just pointing out the issues BIS would have with implementing it to those unaware.

(as it is they've disabled body manipulation in the alpha to make it internationally acceptable)

Also, Australia has a adult rating for video games now and the only such game's to be refused classification on violence grounds was L4D2, the rest of those refused included sexual content.

Oh, and Firearms are not completely outlawed, we just figured there was no sense in Australian society for everyone to own a semi-automatic rifle, Bolt actions rifles and break action shotguns are easily obtained with police approval (i.e, no history of mental health issues or violence and being a firearms club member) and Semi automatic rifles and shotguns are obtainable for professional animal culling.

they have 1000 more features in VBS2, that doesnt means they will bring it to A3

SLX had it, and it was great. It never had the psychopath effect on me, instead it was much more sobering than the current "he dies and plops down" effect. Walking through an area after an arty strike was somber.

Please see the addon request thread sticky. TOP may repost his request there. Thank you :)