Sign in to follow this  
PFC Magician

Main weapon to sidearm Animations

Still slow interchange for me, or make a second stage like smk mod or put main weapon upside down on back for quick sidearm animations.

That's true, I'm watching videos on youtube about transitioning drills and it takes about a second to drop a rifle and get sidearm out.

IOc7gFvrUmQ

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

That's true, I'm watching videos on youtube about transitioning drills and it takes about a second to drop a rifle and get sidearm out.

IOc7gFvrUmQ

That also a great exemple for the standing stance, its not bent at all like in game.

Different people adopt different stances! ARMA3's current stance with weapon shouldered is valid!

I've also noticed that you can't move and shoot with your sidearms, like for example moving on the side and shooting your sidearms etc. Also agree on the slow sidearm switch.

You can fire your sidearm while walking and running in combat pace.

That also a great exemple for the standing stance, its not bent at all like in game.

There is a standing stance that is not bent. Ctrl+W.

actually, watch the whole video, it cuts out to his whole person and you see that is bent. it looks almost identical to the game version. compare it to screenshots if you don't believe me.

actually, watch the whole video, it cuts out to his whole person and you see that is bent. it looks almost identical to the game version. compare it to screenshots if you don't believe me.

I'm not sure I follow you.

I assumed you were calling the standing stance in ArmA 3 bent, using the video as a comparison.

For reference:

http://i.imgur.com/jqMtSzm.jpg - the highest stance (straight stand)

http://i.imgur.com/1FmDt8l.jpg - the default standing stance (one step below)

I remember seeing a simulator thread to this not so long ago was it ever resolved?

Moderators/devs any input? I mean as the lad above posted.

Thats the way british soldiers are currently trained to use there pistols in an emergency stoppage

. please remove .

Edited by rigid650
edited to explain, decided to ditch the whole thing

It'd also be nice if side arms were properly holstered, to help us identify officers, and just because I'm tired of invisible shit. That said, to do all of this properly, there would need to be a quick draw for pistol because if you just want to switch to the pistol without dropping your rifle, you won't have that option. Or, the game would have to unrealistically put your rifle on your back or something. I really wish that ArmA would represent proper weapon caries, instead of what we have now, which is a lot of invisible weapons and not a single sling in sight. I'm not asking for a million carry options, just let us "unequip" a weapon to put it in a carry that doesn't have it in our hands. And a side arm holstered on the hip, not hidden in a pocket.

It'd also be nice if side arms were properly holstered, to help us identify officers, and just because I'm tired of invisible shit. That said, to do all of this properly, there would need to be a quick draw for pistol because if you just want to switch to the pistol without dropping your rifle, you won't have that option. Or, the game would have to unrealistically put your rifle on your back or something. I really wish that ArmA would represent proper weapon caries, instead of what we have now, which is a lot of invisible weapons and not a single sling in sight. I'm not asking for a million carry options, just let us "unequip" a weapon to put it in a carry that doesn't have it in our hands. And a side arm holstered on the hip, not hidden in a pocket.

This! I put this on the feedback tracker day 1 of the ALPHA. Help us all out and Upvote it. http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=369