Sign in to follow this  
Onehandband1t

7.4 mb update?

Are we really going to post a new thread whenever there is a minor update? Expect to see many updates if you are in the development branch of updates.

Changes are with the following files:

animals_f.pbo

ui_f.pbo

animals_f.pbo.a3.bisign

ui_f.pbo.a3.bisign

Maybe we need a global thread to discuss dev branch mini updates :P

Are we really going to post a new thread whenever there is a minor update?

This would be avoided if BIS provides a proper changelog as any professional company would do.

Expect to see many updates if you are in the development branch of updates.

Yes, ...And?

Changes are with the following files:

animals_f.pbo

ui_f.pbo

animals_f.pbo.a3.bisign

ui_f.pbo.a3.bisign

Good.. they should have posted this on the forum right after the deployment, or on the appropriate webpage.

This would be avoided if BIS provides a proper changelog as any professional company would do.

Tone it down, BIS always releases a changelog. If you're not happy, don't try the dev branch.

Edited by ProfTournesol

yes it does, i have time at work reading forums and i dont have time at home because i wanna play instead of reading patch notes or updates

Read notes while the update downloads :D

Will the different game versions affect multiplayer?

Meaning if some folk have updated and some don't won't there be any conflicts?

Cheers,

Mick.

I would not expect to see any public changelog for the development branch, they have stated that it can be highly unstable and devs have card blanche to push in changes whenever they want. I would expect to see changelog for the stable branch, when the changes have been tested and are making it in to stay.

Tone it down, BIS always releases a changelog. If you're not happy, don't try the dev branch.

Tone it down, i'm replying to the guy above of why this thread exists, since he stepped him "moaning".

---------- Post added at 17:50 ---------- Previous post was at 17:43 ----------

I would not expect to see any public changelog for the development branch

That's not how software companis operates: anything .. and i mean ANYTHING you change is wrote down in the changelog, this is essential during the development, especially if the build leaves your own desk, or the working flow will end in a complete mess.

Only an amateur would think of change "something", build it, and push it on steam (even in the development branch) without writing down what he/she done, since BIS is not a bunch of amateur, we know they have the changelog of each build, and we would love to have them in the future.

^ We are talking about a public changelog here, of course they have their own internal development workflow, which will be separate from what is made publicly available. Would you want to have access to their source control repository too so you can monitor their progress ? Show me a company that gives out to the public a full changelog, based on changes in their scm and i will agree with you. Until we see what would be the exact role of the unstable branch in steam, we can only speculate as to how things will develop.

^^

^ We are talking about a public changelog here, of course they have their own internal development workflow, which will be separate from what is made publicly available. Would you want to have access to their source control repository too so you can monitor their progress ? Show me a company that gives out to the public a full changelog, based on changes in their scm and i will agree with you. Until we see what would be the exact role of the unstable branch in steam, we can only speculate as to how things will develop.

Changelog given to all the alpha/beta testers? Any serious company. I'm participating to the alpha of Project CARS right now.. there's a build almost each day, this is the most recent changelog:

Build 422 (8/3/13, Team Member+)

Common:

* Exposed GUIDialogManager from the helper so App level dialogs can use it

* Code to allow use to render both sun/moon shadows and spot light shadows at the sametime

GUI:

* Added 'non-modal' dialogs

* Fixed crash in manager update loop

* Fixed some missing clone property settings

Bug Fixes:

* Some memory leaks fixage

HUD:

* Reverted HUD mirror disabling for Cockpit view. Changed the default status of the mirror to hidden

Physics:

* Fixed them damn dirty ANTS

^^^ This is just an example of how a company operates during the development, and how much is important a changelog to accompain EACH build distributed to the testers.

^^

Changelog given to all the alpha/beta testers? Any serious company. I'm participating to the alpha of Project CARS right now.. there's a build almost each day, this is the most recent changelog:

^^^ This is just an example of how a company operates during the development, and how much is important a changelog to accompain EACH build distributed to the testers.

I can cofirm this. :)

For animals_f.pbo, they removed Swarm_F.p3d and replaced the tuna textures with higher resolution.

For ui_f.pbo, small changes in RscDisplayGameOptions.sqf and RscDisplayMultiplayer.sqf.

Is there a changelog where we can find this information? Just curious.

Thanks

* Code to allow use to render both sun/moon shadows and spot light shadows at the sametime

How do you that ?

What's difference between the OA beta and the retail build of OA? Silly to ask, but if it supports OA in some fashion, couldn't I just copy over my OA assets instead of downloading another build of the title?