Sign in to follow this  
djdafi

Helicopter Collision Lights and Spotlights

Okay, so it seems that as I was playing the air cavalry co-op map flying troops to different locations (had quite a lot of fun) I ran into some interest things that would be nice to clear up/ have.

1. Spotlights are nice to search for enemies throughout the terrain and lighting them up for the troops to see. To my understanding, helicopters would have the ability to move the spotlight around instead of just a static location. This would be a very neat feature.

2. Collision lights are helpful to prevent accidents from happening in the air (of course, helps with those who like to grief). However, do collision lights let enemies become aware of your location if you have them on?

1 no it would not be moving. never were in arma series and never in TOH

2 yes

Actually with Arma 3 I don't think it would be that hard.

Mount a spotlight under the heli, make it movable with scripting and hook it up to a PIP display. Would look cool as well.

I'm sure someone will make a mod featuring it, kind of like the police helis have :)

Actually with Arma 3 I don't think it would be that hard.

Mount a spotlight under the heli, make it movable with scripting and hook it up to a PIP display. Would look cool as well.

I'm sure someone will make a mod featuring it, kind of like the police helis have :)

That was essentially my thinking on this. When I was dropping people off, I wanted to scout a little and spot some people before I return to base. Was thinking, why not hover at a certain altitude and have the spotlight move around a little, just like how police helis had it. Would be pretty neat.

Its arma, it all gets modded in the end :) With other mods in 2 you can have a switchable thermal camera under the heli to guide you, no doubt in 3 that will be updated to a real time monitor on the dash panel with the new render to texture feature, or even a eye cam on helmet, plenty of interesting things to come on that for sure.

Its future based so I wonder what BI will have on some helis in final release anyway.

Would any of you know how to force "Collision Lights" on an AI controlled helicopter at spawn?

Would like it to spawn with them on, no matter what, if its possible, just cant find the right thing to put in the init field.

NP i found it.

Edited by Byrgesen