minimalaco

F.A.T.A. - Federally Administred Tribal Areas, Pakistán

Wow thats looks epic. I would love to have some combat action on there, gonna make some missions if i have the map!

Fight with Tools -Chris

Well the AI isn`t that bad, they are finding thier ways very easy and they fight good, the Map is awesome, i love to play there and i created 2 Missions already. The first Mission is about clearing the middle of the Map of Ins, bluefor goes in the area with 2 gpk 2`s and 2 ExA Mrap`s (Both are from the ExA addon). The other is a big Tank battle between some abrams and bradleys against t90`s and t72`s (and Yes the Tanks driving and fighting) but the missions are better played with real Players.

Fight with Tools -Chris

Really good map. Had an issue with the shadows of some buildings in Tottah. Some of the black spots in the ground are a little off putting, but the amount of effort of the over all map really shows. :) I realize you didn't make this for AI, but it would be a nice addition to allow the ALICE module to function in the towns. Again, really amazing job.

Amazing map!

You should use it to get a job as a level designer.

I can't wait to start playing missions on this with my mates...

Just a suggestion, The military installation in the southern part of the map is a bit annoying from a mission makers standpoint because you don't have the H-barriers shown on the map, If you could put all the walls and barriers in on the map it would make it a lot easer for us to make a mission. Great map, I love it :)

Really good map. Had an issue with the shadows of some buildings in Tottah. Some of the black spots in the ground are a little off putting,

Yes i know :p :

Set your shadow to medium or high and the problem disappears. the object with problems is a BIS farm.

Edited by Minimalaco

A magnificent piece of work, this terrain offers a lot of possibilities for mission makers.

Regards,

Sander

Just an FYI this map does work with the MSO mission!!!

-civs spawn in towns

-CQB module spawns lots of bad guys in buildings

-convoys work fine (except for the horrible AI pathfinding but I digress...)

Obviously I have not tested all MSO modules but this is great to see.

The only real issue I've found so far is the Dynamic EnPop module which only seems to be able to find about 8 locations no matter how many you have set in mission params.

basically creates random tunnels systems, but the necessary files are not in the package.

Any chance for us to get it?

Sounds pretty fucking amazing ;)

Minimalaco is it easy to get PONDS off the maps?Can you teach? i wanna play with other maps too that have this problem.

Thanks.

@SavageCDN

good to know that works in fata.

about convoys, yes, especially in the serpent road :p

@LAxemann

impossible, those files were forgotten somewhere in the forum of PR .... sorry.

@Grillob3

Too easy, but you need V3 and the project island on your P: drive

Mikero tool's does the job, but it is illegal and you need permission from the creator of the map.

But is it illegal to do it to myself?Personal use?

And the island project is the pbo?

Thanks!

Minimalaco, Just wanted to know if you saw my suggestion about the walls around the southern military installation, I think it would help mission makers a lot with trying to make missions on the island. If you didn't see it the southern military installation just shows as an open area on the editor map and it makes it really tricky to place units.

Do we anticipate an update to the wheat field AI view not being obstructed issue any time soon?

I've started working on some ideas using this map, but I might want to hold off if there will be an update coming within the next month or so.

oh yes, the hesco walls will be fixed soon.

About wheat fields, i will talk whit aussnipe.... but no promises.

I've played in sangin alot of coops, where wheats are everywhere ... was not bad experience....

and as I said earlier, I have no intentions on working on "robots-related" problems.

Saludos!

oh yes, the hesco walls will be fixed soon.

In the interim, here is a template I banged out for myself. It's just a bunch of markers, but they are placed fairly accurately. I skipped the barriers around the tents as they are relatively uniform and predictable. Concrete barriers are also not represented.

As multiple markers are involved, you must be extremely careful when working with objects in the editor, as you might inadvertently move/copy/paste/delete a template marker. Again, this is just a stopgap until Minimalaco has a chance to update the map.

Link to mission file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61752237/FATA_template.fata.zip

arma2oa2013-08-2202-56-37-69_zps81e7c18f.jpg

edit: link/pic updated

Edited by Harzach

In the interim, here is a template I banged out for myself. It's just a bunch of markers, but they are placed fairly accurately. I skipped the barriers around the tents as they are relatively uniform and predictable. Concrete barriers are also not represented.

Thanks a lot for this Harzach - it will save a lot of time and cursing!!! :yay:

As multiple markers are involved, you must be extremely careful when working with objects in the editor, as you might inadvertently move/copy/paste/delete a template marker. Again, this is just a stopgap until Minimalaco has a chance to update the map.

Link to mission file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61752237/FATA_template.fata.zip

Ok thanks, I'll get started on my mission now. :) Still can't get over how good this map looks!

Absolutely amazing. This will give me stuff for lots of missions. The detail is overwhelming.

A brilliant map, waited for this since the announcement and it absolutely paid off.

Can't wait to play PO or MSO on this.

I did some test already and yes, there are some places the AI will likely get stuck but on the other hand - they can even cross the bridges. Isn't that awesome.

Thanks a lot for this masterpiece.

Can't believe i only found this gem of a map yesterday. It's wonderful, been having alot of fun with it, especially since it's one of the few maps i've found that properly works with the Armory (so far at least ;)).

Absolutely amazing. This will give me stuff for lots of missions. The detail is overwhelming.

A brilliant map, waited for this since the announcement and it absolutely paid off.

Can't wait to play PO or MSO on this.

I've got MSO working (mostly) on this map... feel free to drop in and check it out although you'll need some mods :

expansion/beta

@ACE,

@ACEX,

@ACEX_RU

@ACEX_USNavy

@ACRE

@JayArma2Lib

@CBA_CO

@kyo_MH47E

@st_interact

@tf86_seals

@yup_uh60

http://arma2.swec.se/server/data/301636

Password is: vg

I have updated my template mission, fixing a couple of minor errors and generally increasing the accuracy to what I think is a relatively high degree.

Hey thanks again for this Harzach (could have used it a few days ago :p) and good to meet you yesterday... sorry I couldn't stick around longer. You mentioned converting Insurgency for this map - do you have a server running it?

what about more coop missions on this server with ace mods only?

Are you referring to my post?

Also this island needs more Six-Updater :p

Edited by SavageCDN