Sign in to follow this  
-FHA-Dynamo

stance adjustment, step out and lean suggestion/disccusion

To reduce the total amount of keys used, i will choose two stage: aiming and no aiming.

example:

high stand (aiming)

low stand (no aiming)

high crouch (aiming)

low crouch (no aiming)

high prone (aiming)

low prone (no aiming)

others combo keys can reduce with twice key hit

Edited by PFC Magician

though there is no way of doing that with the keyboard, it can be done with trackerIR. you might be able to make it work with a modifier key+ mouse movement.

While the current implementation is far better than what we had previously, I'd kill to have something like Rainbow Six Raven Shields fluid movement. You could inch yourself up, down, left, or right. Yeah, you had to stand still to do it, but you had a ton of control over your character.

"thank you so much for your input Magician, i'm sure it's of great value and will be looked at by BI..." derp.

with out your example it thought you were just trolling. thanks for explaining what you meant.

Edited by [FHA]Dynamo

While the current implementation is far better than what we had previously, I'd kill to have something like Rainbow Six Raven Shields fluid movement. You could inch yourself up, down, left, or right. Yeah, you had to stand still to do it, but you had a ton of control over your character.

it was essentially a gimmick. you gave up one control for another, so it just cancels out any positive aspect. that's why it was never that popular a feature.

it was essentially a gimmick. you gave up one control for another, so it just cancels out any positive aspect. that's why it was never that popular a feature.

Not really, it was quite useful to those of us who actually learned how to use it. It definitely could use some tweaking, but if you also factor in freelook as well it becomes insanely awesome. The best part about it is that it would be almost exactly like what we have now, but instead of being "stuck" with 9 different stances you would have full control.

i can't in good conscious let this thread get buried under threads that ask for selector switch animations that are already past page 7.. wtf. how can something that you would never see unless looking down at your weapon, get more interest than freeing up the stance adjustment so we can rebind them to different keys. instead of being restricted to a clumsy set of controls that do nothing to improve the controllability of the character, BIS should seriously consider revamping the stance system. i want to enjoy my experience in-game, i don't want to spend my time fighting the controls.

mind blown!

Simple, because that one and a bunch of others are more active than this one, what's so "mind blowing" about that?

Yes, this is odd. It would be good if urban prone worked with lean keys. So once you're prone, press adjust key and lean key (left or right).
Smookie that left-side urban prone may be implemented in an upcoming dev build.

if they make the left/right urban prone as a modified prone position via lean left/right, i would be extremely happy, that would be a more than welcome change. but my main gripe is with forcing (adjust) key + WASD to chance stance... it's so damn clumsy.

At this point I believe that it would be Ctrl+WSAD though since by the default Arma 3 preset lean left and lean right are for rolling.

by default the Ctrl+WASD can only have the Ctrl rebound. it's name in the config file as well as the key binding name in the in-game control config is called "Adjust". i don;t have any problem with that, it's the WASD keys used along with the Adjust key that i would love to rebind. as for rolling, i do believe it's evasive left/right that does the roll.

if only they would add

keyStanceUp[]={};

keyStanceDown[]={};

keyStepLeft[]={};

keyStepRight[]={};

and allow any key, joystick axis, analog throttle or mouse scroll wheel to be bound to them, many people would be extremely happy.

if i can move in any direction and chance from standing to crouched to prone without having to stop currently, why not make it so i can cycle through the other stances while on the move as well?

Simple, because that one and a bunch of others are more active than this one, what's so "mind blowing" about that?Smookie that left-side urban prone may be implemented in an upcoming dev build.

Oh good, I missed that.