Sign in to follow this  
hazardsfd

Interesting memory issue

My PC is set to run stock clock on CPU and stock clock on memory 3.2 and 800mhz..

Now when I play ARMA 3 the clock on my CPU goes up to 4.2Ghz but my Memory stays at 800Mhz..

I see this as a pretty big issue at the moment. Most PC's Motherboards downclock all the speeds when in

desktop mode. But when you get into a game it pushes them all up to stock or overclocked settings.

I can post a picture if needed.

Yeah, ASUS gives us a great tool called "Cool n Quiet", I like it myself, but you can turn it off in Bios.

Yeah, ASUS gives us a great tool called "Cool n Quiet", I like it myself, but you can turn it off in Bios.

thats an amd thing, has on all boards. but the clocks should all go up/down togheter i believe, what he mentions is wierd.

the name is different on intel imho.

Edited by white

On Intel it is called 'speedstep', @ OP memory speeds and timings stay the same, they do not go up and down like your cpu frequency. So what you are seeing regarding you ram is normal.

OP download CPU-Z and post a link to your Validate. (like in my sig)

ASUS P8Z68 reduces the clocks on the Memory and CPU. When a high load program is run, it then takes the clocks up to the required setting i.e 4.2Ghz and 1600.. But only my CPU is switching. However in any other game i.e ARMA 2 or BF3 the Memory jumps to 1600 but not in the Arma 3 Alpha.

You know that you can set your memory manually to run @ 1600Mhz permamanently?

Just turn turn off power saving features in BIOS (C1E and EIST)

Complete error on my part. My Aida 64 was not setup correctly. I had the speed not the frequency enabled and thus not seeing 1600mhz made me wonder. Can delete this post.