Sign in to follow this  
dezkit

Only 1 CPU core iis being utilized

qHqpsqZ.png

This is very weird. Anybody know what's the issue?

I am running this server on Windows 08 R2

dont know if the below is what your looking for.

-cpuCount= -maxMem= -exThreads=

dont know if the below is what your looking for.

-cpuCount= -maxMem= -exThreads=

I have also been using this but still only see 1 CPU spike

Those startup parameters are a little redundant, the client has accurately detected the available number of cores and assigned the appropriate number of threads for quite some time now. If it's the same issue as with ArmA 2 then you'll only see one to two cores utilised regardless. I sincerely hope this will be different for ArmA 3 because it's quite frankly a shame to see these limitations still existing.

As Polaris already said; it's quite frankly a shame to see these limitations still existing. :sulk:

To ease it up exclude CPU0 for the ArmA Server. This core is reserved for the system and we noted that if the main load caused by the ArmA server is on CPU1, the overall performance of the system increase.

Tier 1 Ops is seeing 2 full cores worth of utilisation once the server is full, and with a decent amount of AI. However I have some unconfirmed reports saying it can benefit (even if its only a little) from 6 cores which I would like confirmed if possible. So far the 2 core utilisation is pretty reliable, its never gone above it at any point. Server slots and the amount of AI are entirely dependent on the performance of those 2 cores basically.

We saw the same thing in Arma 2, 1-2 cores of utilisation. Arma 3 at least is more consistent about using 2 cores, Arma 2 really only used 1 and sometimes more occasionally, due to our modset, peaking to 3 cores for brief moments.