Sign in to follow this  
murmur

Any way to make units ignore a hostile unit?

I've tried setting them to careless, it's not working.

What I am trying to do is have a squad escape in a truck while being chased by an enemy helicopter. The helicopter taking potshots at them while they speed down a road. It's pretty cool for a few seconds, until the squad leader keeps ordering the driver 100m off the road. I just want them to continue to the waypoint. Like I said, I tried setting the group to careless, that didn't work. And I've tried some of the disableAI settings, but those didn't seem to work either, but maybe there is a certain combination I need to use. I haven't really used disableAI a whole lot so I am kind of unfamiliar with it.

Any solution for this? I've been trying to do this for an hour but I think I've exhausted my limited knowledge.

Group it to a group leader of your faction with 0% chance of appearance for that leader.

But wouldn't that make the helicopter considered to be on the same side of the squad and thus no longer hostile to them? I still want the helicopter to attempt to kill the fleeing squad, but have the squad ignore it's presence, if at all possible.

EDIT: Actually all I want is for the squad leader to stop giving orders to get off of the road. As soon as the helicopter is spotted an order is given to move 100m or so, usually off the road, into a tree or something. I want them to continue on to the waypoint they were heading to before the helicopter showed up, while being fired upon by said helicopter.

Edited by Murmur
Clarification

Ah yes! Thank you! That seems to work. I never would have thought that those move orders were considered fleeing. But setting allowFleeing to 0 seems to have stopped them from deviating from their waypoint.

In arma 2 there was a make captive command or something like that. It simulates a captured soldier. However you can use it however you wish.

Yeah I'm surprised it took this long for someone to recommend setcaptive. It basically makes the unit invisible to the other faction.

Yeah I'm surprised it took this long for someone to recommend setcaptive. It basically makes the unit invisible to the other faction.
setcaptive stops A.I. to do anything in regarrs to fighting, both sides...he clearly wrote he want's them to be still a target that is fired upon...