Sign in to follow this  
freemangl

How to mark an enemy and share he's location with teammate?

Hi,

How to mark an enemy and share he's location with teammates?

Just like you can see your teammates with a white hexagon on him.

I don't if you guys played Ghost Recon: Future Soilder, you can mark an enemy if you see it, and a red circle will move with him to show his location.

9F2B883BC70844AD342F91B8A58DF5378C4EAC04

Thanks!

Edited by freemangl

Mark it on the map in side channel?

Hi, go to your map, then double click and you should see a marker appear with an open box to enter text.

Thats how it works in Arma2CO, although i used it a coupe of times, should work in Arma3.

If you want to remove the marker as im sure you will ask, then hover your mouse cursor over it and hit the delete button on your keyboard.

Mark it on the map in side channel?

I mean mark an enemy just like you can see your teammates with a white hexagon on him.

The default button used to be 'hold RMB on enemy', but it may be changed in ArmA3, look in the controls.

Also, it only works on enemies that haven't been reported to the team yet, so it can be done only once per enemy, and sometimes it just doesn't work.

you will need to be on probably recruit difficulty and a squad leader, make sure your teammates in your squad and select him for orders (F2 or whatever unit he is) then press 2 to assign him a target, now the target should show up with a red circle around it to your teammate.

Not sure if this even works, been a long time since I've played on recruit difficulty, seem to recall it working something like that though.

I not entirely sure he means 'report enemy' or 'target/engage enemy'.

I not entirely sure he means 'report enemy' or 'target/engage enemy'.

I don't if you guys played Ghost Recon: Future Soilder, you can mark an enemy if you see it, and a red circle will move with him to show his location.

he means 3d marks. thats probably the easiest difficulty. but its not common in arma. the actual fun is in being aware etc

don't you dare asking for 3d spotting in arma! :protest: what's next? appearing on a minimap when you shoot? i know one can get used to stuff like that from games like bf3 and planetside 2 but this doesn't belong in arma. there needs to be a realistic alternative or every game will play the same just because people refuse to learn basic skills to master a it.

You are not in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier anymore, bro. Welcome to ArmA, a sim.

1. Look at the direction on your compass

2. Push the push-to-talk key

3. Tell your buddy the direction (f.e. 230 degrees) and meters to the target

Or simply tell him the general direction (west, southwest etc)

If you look at the enemies and hold the right mouse button you will "communicate" to the AI that you have spotted a enemy. If you are within range etc. From there you can tell a AI under your command to attack it by pressing the AIs F key, selecting the target menu [2] and then the correct target on the list.

Example:

Right click hold a few times on enemy. You character reports. "Enemy soldier so and so".

Now you want soldier 2 to attack him. F2,2,3. "2 attack soldier so and so." "Roger"

The AI will try to complete the command.

Note:

Real players only get the red icons around the enemy if your AI commanding you is giving you a target command OR if your squad are human players and you give them a command via the ingame command system.

oh btw. just in case we are talking about AI teammates SP here: select the team mate you want (or several or all) using the F keys (F1, F2, F3, etc) then hover your mouse over the enemy. you should get a context sensitive attack icon that looks a bit like a crosshair. now click the enemy. your AI team mates should engage him now if they aren't in an urgent engagement already.

In Recruit (maybe Regular too) mode enemies show up on the map when any of your team is aware of them.

Also in Recruit (regular?) mode, the squad leader can mark an enemy to be targeted and the enemy will have a box around them.

These abilities can be set in difficulty settings but I don't know which ones they are.

Sorry can't be more specific because I never play in Recruit or Regular.

don't you dare asking for 3d spotting in arma! :protest: what's next? appearing on a minimap when you shoot? i know one can get used to stuff like that from games like bf3 and planetside 2 but this doesn't belong in arma. there needs to be a realistic alternative or every game will play the same just because people refuse to learn basic skills to master a it.

AMEN! please no dorito chasing on mini maps....no soldiers are running around the battlefield with an ipad using the "i see the fucking enemy app"

Im pretty sure this doesn't belong in a simulator like arma

If you look at the enemies and hold the right mouse button you will "communicate" to the AI that you have spotted a enemy. If you are within range etc. From there you can tell a AI under your command to attack it by pressing the AIs F key, selecting the target menu [2] and then the correct target on the list.

Example:

Right click hold a few times on enemy. You character reports. "Enemy soldier so and so".

Now you want soldier 2 to attack him. F2,2,3. "2 attack soldier so and so." "Roger"

The AI will try to complete the command.

Note:

Real players only get the red icons around the enemy if your AI commanding you is giving you a target command OR if your squad are human players and you give them a command via the ingame command system.

That's helps, thanks!

But battlefield awareness and info share is some kind of realistic on nowadays... isn't it?

That's helps, thanks!

But battlefield awareness and info share is some kind of realistic on nowadays... isn't it?

No, it's not.

3-d spotting is no where near realistic. This is why we communicate with eachother. Be happy with the one you got in recruit :)

It's in Battlefield because of the game being arcade. This however, is a war-simulator.