Sign in to follow this  
Japo32

JUMP please!!

I want to ask you to include the JUMP animation and function!!!

Oh yeah, so enemy can start jumping around like a bunny during the close combat ? We dont need that thing in Arma 3.

I don't care if it's jump or climb animation honestly, it's just about get over the obstacles giving an advance to who choose to wear a relativly small gear and an hendicap to these people that prefer to carry 1 launcher, 3 rockets, backpack, sidearm, rifle , magazines, grenades.

Neurofunker your replies are no-sense. The fact that we lived without ragdolls ingame till A3 doesn't mean we could have lived forever because "it's useless". And the feedback tracker it's pretty much no-sense as well, since as we well noticed BIS don't really care about it [Or at least nowfor these kinda of features (check the first 2 pages of the feedbacktracker)].

This is a thread, we just discuss there and I gave my point of view

Just explain me what's the problem with this feature, because I don't see any. Maybe if you explain your reasons (instead of using this "go play with sand castle" or "we never had any so we can live with it" attitude) I might will change my opinion.

because soldiers don't jump on battlefield, simple as that... Light on gear? So i'm the one being around terminators, running with titan and large cal. sniper rifle or mg at same time? Or will you trow everything down to just jump over something? How do you imagine that: Hey guys, hold on shooting! Let me trow down my gear and jump over hat fence. Everyone: OK guys, lets wait then..Tell me, what light gear, would allow you climbing and jumping in combat situation?

---------- Post added at 11:30 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

This ticket here was for jumping: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=5241 But was down voted by many because soldiers do not jump. It's more of a running vault.

So, thats the answer, at least half of people don't need that.

Oh yeah, so enemy can start jumping around like a bunny during the close combat ? We dont need that thing in Arma 3.

Ballerina mod to follow.

You know what else we couldn't do in OFP? Reload while moving.

Yes. and step over obsticles and side lean and much much more. But there must be a damn reason, in 4th game, we still don't have jumping, and it doesn't disturb at least half of the players according that ticket.

---------- Post added at 11:37 ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 ----------

Ballerina mod to follow.

made my day. ;)

because soldiers don't jump on battlefield, simple as that... Light on gear? So i'm the one being around terminators, running with titan and large cal. sniper rifle or mg at same time? Or will you trow everything down to just jump over something? How do you imagine that: Hey guys, hold on shooting! Let me trow down my gear and jump over hat fence. Everyone: OK guys, lets wait then..Tell me, what light gear, would allow you climbing and jumping in combat situation?

I'm speechless. I even asked for a valid reason, but yeah, I probably asked too much for you and I should have expected a such trivial reply.

What gear? I don't know , that depends on the weight, I think till 15/20 Kg you should be able to jump. At least on my side I'm able to do it and I'm pretty thin and not "trained".

Be scared of bunny jumpers, lol.

I'm out of this thread.

Again, I don't want jumping....Completely useless...however the ability to climb over stuff is important, useful and realistic.

Ugh, stop straw manning people, dude. No one suggested that players would drop their gear in the middle of combat. There is plenty of opportunity in many scenarios to pick your gear before the mission even begins. Maybe I know that this mission calls for a quick strike with high mobility and my team and I decide that we don't want to wear a plate carrier or an assault pack and carry 300 rounds of ammuntition and 4 grenades and instead I opt for an LBV, SMG, 3 magazines and 2 flashbangs. What if I choose that gear on the map screen before the mission ever starts?

As for your "soldiers don't jump" comment: This game isn't an army simulator. What if I'm not playing as a regular rifleman with a full combat load? What if I'm playing as a civilian, or a guerrilla fighter, or a downed combat pilot, or what if I'm not playing in a military scenario at all? This game has had plenty of addons and standalone scenarios that do not take place in a military setting, one of which went on to become an official BIS product.

Finally, I believe that I offered a fairly reasonable and realistic mechanic for jumping and mantling earlier in this thread. Whether or not it adds enough to gameplay to be worth the trouble of implementing isn't for me to decide, but it certainly wouldn't detract from gameplay, and I think most of us can agree that the current system for navigating vertical obstacles isn't very good.

So, thats the answer, at least half of people don't need that.

At least half the people who know about the bugtracker, agree with its use as a forum for requesting features, know about that entry, and bother to take the time to register an account and vote on it.

Yes. and step over obsticles and side lean and much much more. But there must be a damn reason, in 4th game, we still don't have jumping, and it doesn't disturb at least half of the players according that ticket.

We still don't have weapon resting or firing from cargo positions in the 4th game either. It also took until the 4th game before a player's hands moved with the steering wheel or mounted gun they were holding.

There are plenty of games that allow jumping and in which jumping around a lot to evade gunfire is not a viable option. Ever play America's Army? Also, you are using the term

wrong.

EDIT:

and there we go again, there are a lot games... There are games with pink ponies in it "haz to be in arma nao!". This thread is about jump, not weapon resting, which is indeed a useful and realistic feature.

I know it's a lot of words, but could you please try to read the whole post before you reply? Or even the whole sentence, for that matter.

Edited by roshnak

and there we go again, there are a lot games... There are games with pink ponies in it "haz to be in arma nao!". This thread is about jump, not weapon resting, which is indeed a useful and realistic feature.

There are games with pink ponies in it "haz to be in arma nao!"

Skip to 9:37

There needs to be a mod for this, people.

Edited by GReeves

Ive spent 3 years as light infantry (nothing light about light infantry)

Never jumped once...

Never jumped once...

but other games do have pink ponies!

Of course we should have the ability to jump. When you run across the road and need to jump a fence you instead get this semi-retarded-super relaxed walking over that is the last thing you want to do with bullets flying over your head.

Or of course you can go to the gate, fuck around with that broken system and try to locate the icon in order to open the gate.

jumping and climbing is obvious things that should be in the game. If you don´t want to jump, fuck around with the walk over animation or fuck around with the door system, i´ll be on the other side waiting for you when you are done.

jumping and climbing is obvious things that should be in the game. If you don´t want to jump, fuck around with the walk over animation or fuck around with the door system, i´ll be on the other side waiting for you when you are done.

This. Oh and I know it's off topic, but I hate ARMA doors. Just say'n.

all newcommers to arma, should finally learn, this is not just another god damn shooter like CoD or BF, ask people who served or serve in the military, like some already said here, they never jumped.

all newcommers to arma, should finally learn, this is not just another god damn shooter like CoD or BF, ask people who served or serve in the military, like some already said here, they never jumped.

I don´t play BF or Cod. Humans can jump. every single military personell jumped a SHITLOAD of times before they were sent out to whatever war they joined. They are all fully capable of jumping (well most) and if you never jumped during deployment there was obviously never a reason for it.

On Altis there´s a lot of areas where jumping over a fence is by far the fastest, safest and easiest way. Then if you never jumped anything while being deployed in a base in the mountains of Afghanistan is quite irrelevant.

Right now you walk over a fence. In real life you would jump over it during combat.

didn't you read this before?

---------- Post added at 21:45 ---------- Previous post was at 21:44 ----------

Never jumped once...

you didn't read that RushHour 3 years and never jumped, do you understand that finally?

I read that and obviously you did not read mine.

You don´t have to use the jump feature, You can go fiddle with the fucked up door system or casually start a shitty animation that lets you walk over a fence in just over 10 seconds. It´s up to you.

Works brilliant in DayZ Stand. And will work absolutely magnificent in Arma as well.

and we are back to pink ponies again. It's not about, if i'm gona to use it or not, it's up to you will see people with .50cal sniper rifle or mg in their hands, with titan and a ruck on their back, will jump around like bunch of bunnies. The amount of repetative posts is way to high here.

and we are back to pink ponies again. It's not about, if i'm gona to use it or not, it's up to you will see people with .50cal sniper rifle or mg in their hands, with titan and a ruck on their back, will jump around like bunch of bunnies. The amount of repetative posts is way to high here.

You should probably stop replying if you aren't going to read what anyone else posts. You've been doing nothing but making up arguments throughout this entire thread.

On the other hand, congratulations, you have basically killed this thread by posting more than basically anyone else while simultaneously ignoring any post that does not support your views. I guess everyone just gave up on trying to have a discussion since every post was guaranteed to be quoted by you with some nonsensical rant about pink ponies attached to it.

Smookie mentioned an alternative animation system under avaliation + animations for climbing over walls (low and high) and more many moons ago. Anything on those?

I read that and obviously you did not read mine.

You don´t have to use the jump feature, You can go fiddle with the fucked up door system or casually start a shitty animation that lets you walk over a fence in just over 10 seconds. It´s up to you.

Works brilliant in DayZ Stand. And will work absolutely magnificent in Arma as well.

I can assure you that no soldier would be stupid enough to try jumping over a fence with gear on.

First: good luck jumping that high with all that kit on you

Second: Since mybe you won´t be able to jump that high your feet will touch the fence and you will be in for a very painfull faceplant on the other side of that fence.

Vaulting might work if the fence is stable and solid enough, and as far as I know we don´t have a single fence on Altis that fulfills those needs.

Now hold on! Before you go and make another "but, but, but wanna have jump" post please take a winter jacket, fill every pocket with random stuff and put on a backpack with 15 kilos of stones or books inside on your back. Now go outside and jump over a fence. Please don´t forget to record it on video so that it can be put up on failblog.com

You should probably stop replying if you aren't going to read what anyone else posts. You've been doing nothing but making up arguments throughout this entire thread.

On the other hand, congratulations, you have basically killed this thread by posting more than basically anyone else while simultaneously ignoring any post that does not support your views. I guess everyone just gave up on trying to have a discussion since every post was guaranteed to be quoted by you with some nonsensical rant about pink ponies attached to it.

what are valid arguments for implementing jumping, into a game, which aims for more realism gameplay aspect?

The jumping animation in the game is fine as it's more of a 'hop' rather than a 6 ft in the air quake jump that it seems some posts in this thread are implying.

A vaulting animation is difficult as it isn't 'one size fits all' and will lead to serious clipping over stuff that would be vaultable while the jumping animation has no such issues and allows for a faster transition from a run/jog to getting over an obstacle than the current step over animation has. If you look at the config the jump was clearly intended to be used for the sprintings 'stepover' animation but must have been disabled. It's very easy to reenable it and I've done so myself. It's in no way ridiculous as it's just a faster step over animation which is incredibly helpful considering how slow and clumsy the default one is, it doesn't let you leap across buildings or other such ridiculous strawman nonsense.

jumping over a fence kneesize is already problematic with equipment. What for you need jumps then? Most fences are knee or underbelly size anyway.

Roof to roof, over small objects, trenches (who knows?) and more. More like a leap than a jump, but it is useful.