Sign in to follow this  
Japo32

JUMP please!!

I don't agree with a horizontal jump, but Ryan does make a point; It would be awfully nice to be able to jump between small gaps between roofs.

I don't really think that the traditional FPS upwards jumping belongs in a game like ArmA.

Who says it has to be traditional? Jumping can be here and compliment the armor and encumberance system without becomming the typical implimentation of jump as we've seen it.

In fact if jump is added with realistic height then even a fully unloaded civilian wouldn't be jumping as high as what we normally see.

I would be willing to pay someone to add jumping. If anyone can do it please pm me.

No jumping in a game is completely ridiculous. I'm not even sure if some of you are trolls...you mean you actually enjoy being restricted to the ground? There is nothing enjoyable in that at all, it destroys the game imo. Even if jumping was on a big cooldown I wouldnt mind, as long as its there for us modders to use. I need to be able to get up rocky terrain, or on roofs to get weapons like in WarZ, or take cover.

Edited by CyberpunkDev

I think the point is that typically people (especially those wearing heavy loads) tend to not all-out jump to climb up stuff like rocks in real life. Although I like to jump the occasional waist-high fence to show off sometimes, vaulting is a more logical alternative in most cases. Where vaulting doesn't work is for horizontal leaps (which are very different from bunny hopping), though again I'm not really sure whether even that would have too many uses.

You stop the spamming about bunnyhopping right now. Not here, not in another thread nor creating your own thread about this.

And paying for Mods is not accepted in this community. This is not a marketplace, no matter how badly you need bunnyhopping.

Who says it has to be traditional? Jumping can be here and compliment the armor and encumberance system without becomming the typical implimentation of jump as we've seen it.

In fact if jump is added with realistic height then even a fully unloaded civilian wouldn't be jumping as high as what we normally see.

Now there it is, agree.

This games core (as there series has always been) is realism (excluding the new future setting) so if we had this sort of realism to a "jump" (vertical or horizontal) I'd be quite happy.

Seems the new engine might be able to do this for us .... maybe.

...... but the jump-cling-throw-arm-throw-leg-pull-self-over animation might be a stretch ;)

Cheers

signed: "dont have a clue"

I dont want a jump (as in an actual jump). However I wouldnt mind a climb action. That in order to get up on ledges that I could get up on in RL. Like a not to high wall, that loading platform I should be able to step up on, maybe even up on a roof/next level if its not to high. BUT I think it must be dependent on how much weight I carry. If not I dont want it. I dont want to see AT guys or guys with backpacks pull them self up on anything high. I dont have a problem with a marksman dropping his backpack and some gear to get up with his rifle to get a better overview, or anyone to get over a wall with his rifle.

My dream would be this: when facing an obstacle and pressing todays "stepover" you start a climb animation which will transfer you into a laying position on top of that obstacle.

3 defined obstacle levels: 1 - waist high, 2 - shoulder high, 3 - as high as you can reach. All end up in the laying down position, but they use different animations.

They also have different threshold on how much total weight you can carry.

1 - normal limit. A guy with a ruck or an AT can push himself up on a waist high level

2 - assault rifle + some other light objects or equivalent to a heavy machine gun only.

3 - assault rifle or something equivalent in weight.

Alot of work I guess, but this I would love.

/dream

lolipoyi! Nice catch!!

Finally jump animation.

If connected to the gear it can be an awesome feature. Obviously would be dumb jump with an AT gun on the back.

But if you have only a pistol or rifle with few mag I don't see the reason of why you should not be able to jump :P

recently I'm not understanding the community, seems that they dont want a realistic game, they just want a game that is the opposite of Bf3 or COD. Honestly , as community member and arma fan, I don't give a single *** if in CoD or BF3 you can use knifes or jump. I more care if in real life you can do it. And of course, in real life you can use knifes and you can jump as well.

Well... what do you make of
? I just found the video...

Nice one. The problem with this video is that you do not see what movement pace is used before the jump, so it can give people a wrong impression. Since the gun looks held slightly sideways right before the jump, I assume it is the run movement, which makes sense to jump from (momentum+leap), while slower paces shall retain the step on/step over character.

Jumping when standing still or walking = no

Jumping from faster paces = yes

Hi, instead jump... i think that may work better a climb or jump over animation, that works in an automatic way when you reach an object that be as tall as from the soldier's knees... to the heigh of the soldier standing and the arms risen, you could climb and then roll over walls (or to inside, in the case of building's windows etc) and objects; as step up into a low balcony, climb to an MBT or IFV and things like that; i think that would be an improvement not only into the game's animations but also on the gameplay, where we could feel the direct approach instead have to take always the long road. Let's C ya

Jumping when standing still or walking = no

Jumping from faster paces = yes

In general, that is a good idea. However, the "step over" animation looks silly if you don't actually have anything to step over. I think that in such cases, a dinky, useless jump could be used. It'd be pretty much pointless, except that it'd allow you to avoid accidentally triggering a lengthy animation by hitting a wrong key or standing in wrong place. Though it'd be a purely cosmetic thing (such a jump would have no real use) and thus shouldn't be prioritized, it'd be a nice touch.

i think i wouldn't use it but to simulate human behaviors correctly; jumping and maybe punching and kicking can be added.

ahah what's wrong with jumping? Connected with stamina and gear it's awesome...

Like just 2 jump possible with full stamina and only 1 with mid stamina... where you are able to jump only if you have a small ammount of kgs... and without the ability of shot /reload.

Be sure that no one will jump except if it's necessary