Sign in to follow this  
Japo32

JUMP please!!

Og out, carry a broomstick and a backpack and make knee high obstacles. Jump 3 of them and Return... Are you still in favour of a jump feature?

just improve the vault. looks terrible right now. but hopefully thats due to it being an alpha.

I just wish for some proper vaulting when running. Stepping over is OK when you're in tactical pace, but when running, you should do it BF3 style. These guys supposedly are soldiers, not cripples ;)

Yes, something like BF3 style vault while sprinting would be excellent. It would avoid the problem of bunny hopping and give us a more reasonable way of moving over low obstacles during combat. ( the vault in Arma 2 was pretty much suicidally slow)

The only way I can see jump being implemented and not being abused to the point of CoD or Halo, were people are jumping all around while shooting, is to add a endurance/stamina bar that drains depending on how much you are carrying in your inventory when you jump. This would limit how often a player can jump so they are just using it to get over small obstacles instead of bunny hopping around.

something happened to me today.... and now i hate vaulting i want to jump..... some crazy were driving arround and i was without ammu... and i hid infrot of a destroyed house and they saw me and tried to run over me... and i couldn't escape to left either to right because of that stupid vault... the walls left and right were just weight high not even smaller and i COULDNT JUMP away and the over run me.... so ridiculous.... i even hadnt a chance to get away... so want smth like bf3.... :mad:

If I have to jump to climb or jump to get to the position its not a vault. Im sure we want the same thing but calling it a vault just for the sake of not calling it jumping is pointless.

We're calling it "improved vault" because it's not what the average gamer thinks of as a video game jump and because we want it to be incorporated in to the current vault system.

If anyone has seen the newest DayZ SA devblog, they implemented something I'd like to see ported over to arma 3. Sure you wont be doing Michael Jordan like jumps in full battlegear, but you can certainly jump 2 feet across a small gap.

I like the idea that pressing 'V' while sprinting you can vault over small gaps and obstacles.

youtube.com/watch?v=W8xcv51C2ug&feature=player_detailpage#t=304s

I agree wholeheartedly with Phoboss, this isn't abusive jumping just vaulting over a low fence.

Watch the video above, give it a few seconds but you'll see it's a small vault, you have to be running (ie weapon is down).

I've had to remove the beggining of the URL as I'm too new to post links :(

I agree wholeheartedly with Phoboss, this isn't abusive jumping just vaulting over a low fence.

Watch the video above, give it a few seconds but you'll see it's a small vault, you have to be running (ie weapon is down).

I've had to remove the beggining of the URL as I'm too new to post links :(

thats fantastic!!!! yea i was looking for smth like that and now they have to implemend climbing trough windows like in BF3 btw i know this is a false thread for it but a parashute would be awesome too, because if some doesnt know how to fly and your flying with him. u have no chance to get out... i think its a bit fail xD

360degree noscope headshot!!! no... we do not need another arcade action fps such as BF3 and Cod :dead:

I honestly can't see how a 360 degree noscope head shot (which is extremely unlikely to happen, perhaps a 2% chance) can be compared to a realistic 'small' vault over a fence?

This game sports realism...it's realistic to think someone can do a small vault, yes perhaps it'll tire them out but it's still possible.

Nothing I hate more than bunny hopping.

Something I hate almost as much though, is getting stuck on a small obstacle that I should easily be able to jump over.

I really can't see why BIS can't implement the exhaustion type effect already in game (try sprinting for too long) as soon as you do a single jump, therefore rendering bunny hopping impossible and getting over obstacles realistically.

Please don't add a jump... I'd be okay with an improved context specific vault (even though I've never encountered a situation where I wanted to get somewhere that I can't already), but please no outright jump. It'd look silly, with people up in places that would be silly... Adding it for mods? Yeah, I really don't care about that. In fact that's more of a reason not to add it, as much as I'd hate to add to it if you add jump you'll get a COD/BF3 style mod, and then people from that community will come over here. I personally hate that community, and if jump is added in regularly I swear I'm just going to shoot anyone jumping around like an idiot (team mate or not). It'd be quite an immersion killer moving from point A to B and some random guy is jumping the whole way.

I still don't see all these places you guys have had a need to get to with a "jump" function. Hell, at this point you could possibly unbalance the map (of any balancing they did) by doing so if they do add a jump.

While I do agree that the "vaulting" is slow, I've been killed all of once or twice vaulting.. That was in Day Z playing solo, the rest of the times I've vaulted I have team mates covering me and am not ramboing off on my own.

A jump forward for leaping over streams/off a ramp or something and a climb over function. Also maybe a jump up and climb function but only when close to an object of a certain height. Any kind of jumping & climbing functions should take away stamina. Maybe when climbing up something, you could even hang by your hands but only for so long.

Running vault would be useful too.

something happened to me today.... and now i hate vaulting i want to jump..... some crazy were driving arround and i was without ammu... and i hid infrot of a destroyed house and they saw me and tried to run over me... and i couldn't escape to left either to right because of that stupid vault... the walls left and right were just weight high not even smaller and i COULDNT JUMP away and the over run me.... so ridiculous.... i even hadnt a chance to get away... so want smth like bf3.... :mad:

you can do a smooth vault as well. look at ro2. plus vauling is more realistic than jumping since you obviously can't jump over a waist high fence wearing armor and gear.

Only if they want to die alot faster than the rest of us do, no one wants an unrealistic, inexhaustible jump that floats you effortlessly into the air and allows you to shoot uninhibited whilst doing so. I think Ground Branch will demonstrate this effectively in the near future... (Literally short, quick, bunnyhoping wont allow you to dodge bullets aimed at center mass, where they should be)

People are too eager to reply to a thread without first reading much more than the title and first post...if that.

People are too eager to reply to a thread without first reading much more than the title and first post...if that.

That's the problem with initial posts which do not come out with a good argument but more one that is superficial and has leaks. Make it leak-proof, limit the argument to specific structure and maybe people would actually agree with it and support it instead of having a group of people trying to extract the information and credible aspects out of it that may work in ARMA.

That's the problem with initial posts which do not come out with a good argument but more one that is superficial and has leaks. Make it leak-proof, limit the argument to specific structure and maybe people would actually agree with it and support it instead of having a group of people trying to extract the information and credible aspects out of it that may work in ARMA.

Or you could, IDK, read the discussion before trying to contribute.

Or you could, IDK, read the discussion before trying to contribute.

Well it depends. If the OP is stating "make this" - a very specific thing then straight away you oppose it. If you were to read the next comments that agree with it, then you oppose them. If you went on like that for 18 pages you might as well sell a book.

But, you really think you can jump around with all that gear on? Vaulting is cool, the animation is MUCH smoother now, so why want to jump? I'm sure you could make it a mod by yourself but I wouldn't like to see that as a core vanilla feature.

jumping wouldnt really be helpfull at all in my eyes, the vault over fence and objects are enough and plus what can you really jump over anyways? only reason why they added jumping to most fps games is that well it takes half a mag to kill someone let alone seeing someone jumping around would be kinda dumb and that makes it useless to have it in arma.

BF-like vaulting is not realistic either. It looks like soldiers are doing parkour even if they have a huge AT launcher on their backs - ridiculous.