dslyecxi

ShackTac User Interface (STHUD, STGI, and more)

@rekkless no doubt I'm too late with this, but for future reference if you create a file called cba_settings.sqf in your mission root folder then put

force STHud_Settings_HUDMode = 0;

into that script and save it, then it should stop the HUD and names from showing (but not the name tags when you look at someone, I don't know how to turn that off yet if you even can)

My friend has made a map for our group. Its based on the real Dalmar island. Its a very small map. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1132178534

However there is a problem. Whenever stui is turned on, this happens:

GJKYbly.jpg

Half (diagonal) the screen is covered. The only times it isnt covered is when we are in Zeus or if we press J (for objectives), otherwise its covered.

We both cant figure out what is causing it. Can anyone here help?

Edit: I can confirm that it has something to do with stui_core.pbo

16 minutes ago, belbo said:

STHud_ShowBearingInVehicle = false;

And:

https://gitlab.com/shacktac-public/general/wikis/home

I checked that wiki before and I am not able to see that parameter which you wrote. Am I blind? :/

That parameter should be set in init.sqf? Will it also turn of he compass directions for infantry?

4 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

I checked that wiki before and I am not able to see that parameter which you wrote. Am I blind? :/

That parameter should be set in init.sqf? Will it also turn of he compass directions for infantry?

It's not in there.

It will only disable the compass if in a vehicle. If you want the compass overlay disabled you have to either remove the compass or set the compass overlay off in your sthud preferences (accesable via cba menu or a keypress, I don't know).

1 hour ago, kennyleif said:

Any way to remove nametags?

Remove stui_nametags.pbo and -bisign.

5 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

cba settings does not have any option to disable compass overlay..

There has been an option for that, usually with the Shift+Alt+H-menu, as stated by the wiki. But it seems to have been removed.

16 minutes ago, belbo said:

There has been an option for that, usually with the Shift+Alt+H-menu, as stated by the wiki. But it seems to have been removed.

You can setup option with ADDON OPTIONs in main menu in Arma 3. (moved to main menu)

IVuROqw.png

Really wish I could bind a key to hide/show the hud.
I've started playing with it off lately because I hate having it on the screen while I record. I tend to have as little hud as possible so being able to toggle it on ans off on the fly would be super helpful

12 hours ago, M1ke_SK said:

You can setup option with ADDON OPTIONs in main menu in Arma 3. (moved to main menu)

I know. The option for removing the compass overlay has been removed from that menu - or, as I said, rather hasn't made it to the version of sthud that relies on the cba menu instead of the fthud_menu.

that is pitty :(
I like the hud! But I just want the hud with symbols and thats it. I do not want compass, I do not want bearing and I do not want anything else like names (I set it via ACE3 which makes names visible only in 15 meters) etc. to keep the realism high :( Unfortunately current version is not delivering this

31 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

that is pitty :(
I like the hud! But I just want the hud with symbols and thats it. I do not want compass, I do not want bearing and I do not want anything else like names (I set it via ACE3 which makes names visible only in 15 meters) etc. to keep the realism high :( Unfortunately current version is not delivering this

You can disable the names at least via the cba options menu.

Names next to hud yes, but it still shows the names on the charachters with that diamond shape or am I mistaken?

1 minute ago, Devastator_cm said:

Names next to hud yes, but it still shows the names on the charachters with that diamond shape or am I mistaken?

Delete the pbos you don't need. If you use ace_nametags, delete stui_nametags.pbo. If you want the group icons to disappear, delete stui_groupindicators.pbo.

agree with "JD Wang"

Is it possible to have some sort of menu like in here? http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=33297

where you can setup the size, move it where you want and others?

I was looking in the way to have the shack tack compass smaller and lower...didnt find solution thou.

I think its time for you guys to update this mod with mention features.

About forcing certain settings from the server to all the clients:

No matter how I log in as an admin on my dedicated server and then select the Overwrite Clients and Overwrite Mission on the Server tab then click OK these selections just won't stay. When I come back to the same screen the Overwrites I just previously selected aren't selected anymore.

On top of that these Overwrites don't really force anything on the client side and instead players can change the different settings how they please on the Client tab.

The CBA Wiki (https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/wiki/CBA-Settings-System#server-settings) tells the following:

To change the settings of a dedicated server, log in as admin and select the Server tab.
The servers settings only apply to the server machine and have no influence on the clients by default. They can however be set to overwrite the clients settings by clicking the Overwrite Clients checkbox.

and I really don't understand what is so difficult in that. Well nothing but when I do like the CBA Wiki tells me why the Overwrite settings I'm trying to apply get constantly overwritten?

STUI_force_occlusion.jpg

Previously I placed a cba_settings.sqf file (and in the settings file I placed the setting I wanted to force such as: force force STHud_Settings_Occlusion = true;) inside a mission folder and that worked in a way that then the STUI settings were forced by the mission. But for whatever reason that doesn't seem to work anymore.

I've also placed the same cba_settings.sqf file in the server's /arma3/userconfig folder and while the server does load the file correctly still the settings I'm trying to force on the clients don't get forced on them!

Any thoughts on this one? Or could some kind person maybe take me through this by the hand and show me what I'm doing wrong or forgetting that then makes the forced settings not to get applied at all?

The Icon occlusion setting is not working in the release on workshop. When I enable Icon occlusion it completely disables the hexagons showing on any friendlies.

It would be great if the settings in the CBA menu could be extended. Some examples were given earlier in this thread for missing settings. I would like to see an option to disable the whole hexagons-on-friendlies feature.

10 hours ago, bumgie said:

I would like to see an option to disable the whole hexagons-on-friendlies feature.

There is isn't there? I'm pretty sure we have just the squad radar and names on screen, no name tags or hex's.
I can't be sure though because it's been a hot minute since I used ShackTac

Well its possible in two ways atm.

Enable Icon occlusion setting in addon options and the hexagons are gone. But this is a bug, since the hexagons should be visible when you have LOS with unit using this setting.

Remove the pbo that provides this functionality. This is less than ideal since configuring it in addon options would be much more user friendly option.

Any chance we'll get the ability to get rid of name-tags while looking at players, without modifying the addon or key?

• Like 1