dslyecxi

ShackTac User Interface (STHUD, STGI, and more)

I think people here are referring to the old ALT+SHIFT+H menu?

We reported a few bugs and were asked to produce a video so here is our look at the 3 problem areas with the new release. The new features don't really work very well, I say it a lot in the video but its just weird, strange and inconsistent. Hopefully now we are reporting this in this form you are more interested in the bug report as the rejection and closes before were pretty unhelpful.

• Like 1

We reported a few bugs and were asked to produce a video so here is our look at the 3 problem areas with the new release. The new features don't really work very well, I say it a lot in the video but its just weird, strange and inconsistent. Hopefully now we are reporting this in this form you are more interested in the bug report as the rejection and closes before were pretty unhelpful.

The 'rejection and closes' before were me explaining how it worked and asking you to provide a video to clarify any confusion that might exist. Now that you've done so, I've replied in detail on the tracker. You seem to have glossed over the content of my previous replies, so hopefully this most recent one can shed some light on things. 

• Like 1

I don't have a problem with the occlusion thing, but maybe to alleviate some peoples complaints, some work on this line could be done

private _vis = [(vehicle _x), "VIEW"] checkVisibility [eyePos player,  AGLToASL (_x modelToWorldVisual (_x selectionPosition "Spine3"))];

just brainstorming, but try this instead:

private _vis = [(vehicle _x), "VIEW"] checkVisibility [(eyePos player),(aimPos (vehicle _x))];

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/aimPos

And when it becomes available (still in dev build I think) ( they should be available if you are using perf binary)

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/unitAimPosition

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/unitAimPositionVisual

Alternatively, maybe hook into the native system AI use to raycast eachother, like a quick comparison of getHideFrom vs actual position:

if (((getPos unit) distance2D (player getHideFrom unit)) > 0.25) then {    // built in raycasting doesnt have solution and position becomes extrapolated. Test accuracy to test raycast solution. If accuracy is off by > 0.25, unit is likely occluded or out of visual range

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/getHideFrom

And here's a small block for debug use:

addMissionEventHandler [
     'Draw3D',
     {

if ((count (units (group player))) > 1) then {
               {
                    if (!(_x isequalto player)) then {
                         drawLine3D [(ASLToAGL(eyePos player)),(unitAimPositionVisual (vehicle _x)),[0,0,1,1]];
                    };
               } count (units (group player));
          };
     }
];

Also its probably not feasible but a version with no dependencies (CBA) would be appreciated. I'd like to allow players to use this on my servers but don't want CBA enabled.

Hi dslyecxi, thanks for this awesome mod, he's really helpful :). But I have a litlle problem with the latest version. It seems I don't have the occlusion and role vehicle features enabled. Even if delete my mod and redownload it, it dosen't work as expected. All others features work fine. Really strange cause i don't think there is anything to do or config to have these features activated (or then i don't  have read the instructions properly ^^). If you or someone can figure why it will be very appreciated ;).

o7

I suspect you already know, but after the 1.66 update this error appears when starting the game.

Deleting stui_stamina.pbo removes the error. Running only CBA (latest at the time of writing) and the STUI-suite.

stui_stamina_error.png

o7

I suspect you already know, but after the 1.66 update this error appears when starting the game.

Deleting stui_stamina.pbo removes the error. Running only CBA (latest at the time of writing) and the STUI-suite.

stui_stamina_error.png

Can you put it in our tracker? https://gitlab.com/shacktac-public/general/issues

ofc! Will be there in a few minutes.

Edit: False, disregard for now perhaps, I was running ACE3 also at the time. Running only CBA and STUI works fine.

Trying to locate where the mods cooks off and will report back. Removing stui_stamina.pbo still removes the error tho.

ACE Advanced Stamina does that.

Wysłane z mojego Moto G 2014 przy użyciu Tapatalka

ACE Advanced Stamina does that.

Are You sure? When I am using ACE3 I don t get any errors but when I am using ACE3 with conjunction with ST UI that error occurs on startup.

Regards.

Agreed. stui_stamina has a class deletion that doesn't work due to some reason X that've yet to find why after the update. The class is defined in ace_common and not in advanced fatigue.

Sorry, I thought these two were related since ACE3 Adv. Stamina does modify vanilla stamina bar.

So it's been about 2 weeks.  Any progress on the bug?

anyone else got major probs with this mod and 64bit dev build?

When you try to load it as client it works fine, but when i setup a dedicated server with perf binary and large page malloc and clients try connecting with shacktac they will either have their arma or computer crash or get stuck on receiving data after role selection.

we had no problems with blastcore, enhanced movement, dynasound, enhanced soundscape, nss admin console, achilles (ares), cba, all cup

On 02/12/2016 at 1:43 PM, GieNkoV said:

Sorry, I thought these two were related since ACE3 Adv. Stamina does modify vanilla stamina bar.

"Wysłane z mojego Moto G 2014 przy użyciu Tapatalka"

Quoi? [French]

Que? [Spanish]

Was? [German]

Che cosa? {Italian]

etc.

It appears (in part) to be Polish, but what is this this crap supposed to mean?

Something like: This message was send from Moto G 2004 using Tapatalk.

I know that, because many people use the Tapatalk app in here!

• Like 2

On 05/01/2017 at 7:14 PM, Moon_chilD said:

Something like: This message was send from Moto G 2004 using Tapatalk.

I know that, because many people use the Tapatalk app in here!

Ah that's fine, thank you. I was wondering if messages were getting corrupted,

Since RC 1.68, this mod prevents any mission from loading.

What is strange is that A3 loads fine.

The briefing loads fine.

But when I start the mission the game just hangs (black screen indefinitely).

Only a 3-fingered salute (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and killing the Arma3.exe process via Task Managers resolves the situation.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

BTW this only occurs with the 64-bit version (STHUD runs fine with 32-bit version).

On 12/2/2017 at 0:45 AM, domokun said:

Since RC 1.68, this mod prevents any mission from loading.

What is strange is that A3 loads fine.

The briefing loads fine.

But when I start the mission the game just hangs (black screen indefinitely).

Only a 3-fingered salute (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and killing the Arma3.exe process via Task Managers resolves the situation.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

BTW this only occurs with the 64-bit version (STHUD runs fine with 32-bit version).

Same here

Confirmed.

Ok good stuff, I just came on to see if I was the only one with this problem. ShackTac works fine in 32bit but the mission won't load in 64bit.

Yep Confirmed here too. doesn't seem to be 64-bit compatible

Server running 64 bit or 32 bit

Client running 64 bit or 32 bit

All combinations of server/client variants tested

JIP client hangs on connection if mission was already running

NON JIP Client hangs when server state changes from briefing to mission running

Every client in our community that was online this evening has the same issue

I installed the  64-bit 2013 VC++ redist on my client and retried the 64 bit exe, same result.

Unable to restart server atm having also installed the VC++ redist on it, but dont see that as being the issue when this is a clientside only mod

Good luck with the hotfix and hoping for a speedy solution

EDIT

That was quick, already available on Steam, thx a lot

• Like 1

apparently updated on STEAM... anyone got a link to a non steam version ?

Not yet, but Armaholic will most probably update soon.

Meanwhile I downloaded from SW and just copied the pbo's to a "proper" location and to our repo. On my drive I found the files under ~Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\107410\498740884\addons\

• Like 1