dslyecxi

ShackTac User Interface (STHUD, STGI, and more)

I can't get it to worth either. I'm only trying to use the hud and I installed it like every other mod I have. Not sure what's wrong.

Check that there is someone else in your Group, because if you are on your own the ST Hud doesn't appear.

Dslyecxi,

Is there any incompatibility STHUD and ACE3.

Shouldn't be.

Dslyecxi,

Is there any incompatibility STHUD and ACE3.

We play TvT missions with 50 players every week without any issues.

It would be nice to see these mods uploaded to steam workshop, do you think this will ever happen?

Would it be possible to change the number of Squad members shown from 12 to 18 or so?  One extra row of 6 names.  I play with the 21st Rangers and we regularly have more than 12 in our platoon.  At the 21st, we have three Platoons, and Air Wing, Recon plus TOC.  Each Platoon is broken into squads and each squad uses a specific color.  Number 13, 14 etc, show up under the bottom of the right column of names.

I find this a VERY helpful addition to my game play as it compensates for situational awareness that is lost due to PC graphics, sounds etc.  Thank you so much for what you have done for the community.

TK

Any chance of a standalone Workshop release?

Is it possible to edit the configuration file so the HUD only display when you are in 1st person? Or add that functionality. 3rd person gives me enough of ability to get the perception of myself and my team, so I wouldn't want to have an extra handicap with the HUD, but once I switch over to 1st person it comes in handy.

Is it just me or does the group indicators need the HUD to work properly?

We have temporarily removed the STHUD to try out and test the new MCC SQUAD compass and now no ones group indicators are working.

I thought these were all supposed to be stand alone mods?

Will this work/become combatible with TF-Radio?  Need the Volume control.

I'm seeing this error in the .rpt file:

12:26:02 [CBA Keybinding] WARNING: STHUD=>Options called CBA_fnc_registerKeybindToFleximenu is no longer a valid function and has been replaced with CBA_fnc_addKeybindToFleximenu. Contact the developer of mod STHUD to change the code to use the new function.
12:26:02 [CBA Keybinding] WARNING: STHUD=>Options called cba_fnc_registerKeybind is no longer a valid function and has been replaced with cba_fnc_addKeybind. Contact the developer of mod STHUD to change the code to use the new function.

Using steam version.

I'm seeing this error in the .rpt file:

12:26:02 [CBA Keybinding] WARNING: STHUD=>Options called CBA_fnc_registerKeybindToFleximenu is no longer a valid function and has been replaced with CBA_fnc_addKeybindToFleximenu. Contact the developer of mod STHUD to change the code to use the new function.
12:26:02 [CBA Keybinding] WARNING: STHUD=>Options called cba_fnc_registerKeybind is no longer a valid function and has been replaced with cba_fnc_addKeybind. Contact the developer of mod STHUD to change the code to use the new function.

Using steam version.

They need to update the mod so it uses the new CBA functions.

• Like 1

Looks like an awesome update!

Will there be alternate download sources in due time?

Nice update. Love it. :)

A couple things.

1) 'Squad bar hiding' seems to be on by default. The squad bar is hidden when a mission is started. Minor issue if the bar could be shown again. Any way to do that?

2) There seems to be no way to show the squad bar (command bar) from within a mission. This ought to be a toggle in the HUD settings window.

3) 'STHud_NoSquadBarMode[/size]' seems to do nothing to enable/disable the A3 squad bar. It only enables/disables 'squad bar mode' of STHud.

4) With 'Squad bar hidden', the High Command (HC) bar is hidden as well. Which makes it difficult to use HC.

Cheers

EDIT:

Solution is being worked on. :)

Edited by stlassen

Hi loving the new features.

Is there anyway to hide the Group Hexagons ? We never ran that as the Hud was enough for us. We tried removing the stui_groupindicators.pbo. But this also seems to kill the clever occlusion routines. ?

any chance we can get an option or a code string to remove it ?

Thanks

• Like 1

I second the request from serjames. Running only the HUD disables the occlusion completely. Ive never used anything else besides the HUD and the occlusion is a very welcomed addition. Any solutions or ideas?

In the future issues/requests are better posted to the issue tracker mentioned in the root post. 

This evening there will be an update that should address occlusion whether or not you're running the group indicators.

• Like 5

I second the request from serjames. Running only the HUD disables the occlusion completely. Ive never used anything else besides the HUD and the occlusion is a very welcomed addition. Any solutions or ideas?

What bugs me is that the level of customization has been drastically decreased. In older versions individual clients had much more options to shape STHud to the personal needs. For example, I always turned the compass off and only had the radar and in most cases the names on the screen. This combination is not possible at the moment.

So yeah, I would like to see these options back and I agree that the unit hexagon markers should also be off while keeping the occlusion feature if a client wants to have them off.

What bugs me is that the level of customization has been drastically decreased. In older versions individual clients had much more options to shape STHud to the personal needs. For example, I always turned the compass off and only had the radar and in most cases the names on the screen. This combination is not possible at the moment.

So yeah, I would like to see these options back and I agree that the unit hexagon markers should also be off while keeping the occlusion feature if a client wants to have them off.

Not quite sure what you're describing, as it sounds like you're confusing "level of customization" with "using the whole pack or partial". If you want to do it piecemeal, there's nothing stopping you right now, you just take the addons you want and leave the ones you don't. If you mean you want a control panel to allow every little thing to be customized in-game, that hasn't been how it's worked (ever) and while we intend to offer some easier customization in the future, it's not here now and there's no ETA. You should still have the same in-game customization as always, like changing it to be HUD-only vs names vs off. 

Well there are functions missing that you had in previous versions and those where things you could switch on/off with the ingame menu. Things like the compass directions for example. It allowed a pretty high level of customization with the options to hide or show the three main aspects of the hud like show/hide radar, show/hide names and show/hide compass. I dont know why the decision was made that you can not turn off/on the compass with the ingame menu.

Beside that, I can only agree with serjames and fanatic, the hexagons are a huge immersion killer at the moment.