dslyecxi

ShackTac User Interface (STHUD, STGI, and more)

Well there's nothing expert in moving folders around and/or deleting files.

Yay!

I wish that were true.. it's a piece of P*** from my perspective, but EVERY week it's the same. EVERY new starter or recruit needs almost crippling levels of technical assistance to get up and running.

Reality is you need to dumb it down to the Lowest common denominator or accept that some people will just not get it without help.

SJ

Maybe, instead of demanding that addon makers go to extreme lengths to ensure that you don't have to do any modifications (massive, because e.g. TMR is very modular, and would require hundreds if not thousands of combinations to ensure that you don't have to modify anything), you could just make a repo.

serjames, i do believe that being a forum member for a year now, you would know that ARMA 3 is a fickle bitch. And being that fickle and always changing her mind, you kinda have to just DEAL WITH IT!!!..

that and its not hard to move folders and files around.. the only thing that is tedious is when your working with people that are ignorant when it comes to working with pc's and have no knowledge of what it is there doing..

scrim, I'm not demanding anything ? - I think my posts were all pointing out that some people just don't get it... Repos are a good idea - but require additional workload etc etc. My ideal objective would be inclusivity for everyone from the moment the mod is ready and released without needing an admin to host a special version. That's all :-) I know there will always be compromises.

LP, I do deal with it, on a daily basis... and I deal with if for50+ guys in a clan... Most of my weekend, it seems, is spent either fixing their installs remotely or trying to get the maps I build to work for them - I fully accept this challenge. "teadious" you GOT it in one.... hence my whole argument.. I want to play the game with guys not spend 2 hours deleting their R-sync folder and watching PW6 struggle to download a mod it already thinks it's got because they've been adding the files to the wrong folder.... Some of the best guys I've played with are older (like me!) and they would be the first to admit they couldn't drive a pc if their lives depended on it, which is why I help them.

However it's in all of our interest surely to point out when something is causing an issue for some people... ? Do we have to deal with it, or should we point it out ? Perhaps there is a clever fix we wouldn't spot otherwise.

I'm not trying to be difficult I'm simply pointing out that not everyone is as savvy at this stuff as you guys all seem to assume - personally I see advantages to that, it keeps kiddies away who cannot be bothered to learn how to get to mods installed so they can go a grief a server. But equally it's disabling for other people taking their first tentative steps into the modded world.

I guess I will continue to use the version without Hex's I suppose... I'll get over it :-)

That's probably enough Off-Topic

ST mods by necessity are created to work for our community. We listen to what others have to say about it, but the priority of work has to go towards our own community. We'll make a change to allow for the STGI aspect to be toggled off, and perhaps be based on the server settings, but there's no promise when that will happen, as we're busy with a lot of things currently. Hope you understand.

Thanks for coming back - I think you can see from the passionate discussions :rolleyes: that we all love the mod. As and when you're ready to tweak the change in - we'll be ready to catch it and put it to work for us too.

Thanks

SJ

Thanks for the reply Dslyecxi. I hope my polite request didn't get buried in all the passionate responses that came afterwards!

Now CBA has been updated and the st HUD menu works again, a toggle for the STGI would be greatly appreciated by many, I think. It's a very popular mod!

Well there's nothing expert in moving folders around and/or deleting files.

No. But this is not the whole truth. We have a couple of functionality en-/disabling possibilities in this one game. Command line... Ui... Config files in Userconfig or Addon dirs.

In this one game. People play more games. I can understand their problems.

ST mods by necessity are created to work for our community. We listen to what others have to say about it, but the priority of work has to go towards our own community. We'll make a change to allow for the STGI aspect to be toggled off, and perhaps be based on the server settings, but there's no promise when that will happen, as we're busy with a lot of things currently. Hope you understand.

Thanks for the reply.

Dslyecxi, could you integrate a fix for my squad name <A2> in your addon?, the names begin with <A2> no show. My nick in game is <A2>Dybite. Thank you for all.

Two things:

- Apparently some players have the problem that they can't open the HUD Config menu ingame, yet it works for them at other times under same conditions - no discernable difference or ways to reproduce. Just thought I'd let you know.

- Any chance you can fix it so players don't just instantly disappear when they die? We don't want the HUD to be a cheat mode to know when someone has fallen, just for increased situational awareness.

Two things:

- Apparently some players have the problem that they can't open the HUD Config menu ingame, yet it works for them at other times under same conditions - no discernable difference or ways to reproduce. Just thought I'd let you know.

- Any chance you can fix it so players don't just instantly disappear when they die? We don't want the HUD to be a cheat mode to know when someone has fallen, just for increased situational awareness.

how do you access the hud config in game???

See the root post for a change in how ST mods will be distributed. This thread now acts as the primary thread for all user-interface-related ST mods, and I've just introduced the new ShackTac Name Tags and an updated STHUD usermenu, map autobrightness, and ST Interact as part of the new STUI compilation.

If you keep pumping these amazingly simple (but needed) mods this fast, my heart might not take it Dslyecxi, works just as described with AI, didn't have time to check it with real people but I'm sure none of my friends can't say no to another shack tac mod!

Well, the ST Name Tags seems to be the smoothest solution for that purpose so far (compared to A3C Name Tags and AGM's). Only problem for me is the ST HUD requirement, I really don't want it nor need it... :/

Is there a way to hide the actual HUD element from ST HUD? I see people referring to a user menu, but I haven't found one in game...

Is there a way to hide the actual HUD element from ST HUD? I see people referring to a user menu, but I haven't found one in game...

You can see/set the keys for the user menu in the configuration of controls as defined by CBA, but other than that, the default for the HUD is shift+alt+H, if I remember correctly.

You can see/set the keys for the user menu in the configuration of controls as defined by CBA, but other than that, the default for the HUD is shift+alt+H, if I remember correctly.

Ah, thanks a lot. :) I haven't been able to see anything in the "Keybindings" section of CBA (map?) recently, but that is indeed the default combination. Now if only there was a way to default the STHUD mode to "Off"...

Well, the ST Name Tags seems to be the smoothest solution for that purpose so far (compared to A3C Name Tags and AGM's). Only problem for me is the ST HUD requirement, I really don't want it nor need it... :/

Use alt-shift-H to bring up the usermenu

I'm having an issue with the ST Stamina Bar where it's not working on saved games. I believe it needs to be reinitialized but there is no option to do so. I've seen this issue with other mods and I'm using ModULoad (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24615) which takes care of the problem but doesn't work with ST Stamina Bar (doesn't use CBA). Anyone know a workaround?