dslyecxi

ShackTac User Interface (STHUD, STGI, and more)

can you make it the HUD menu for Arma 3 public please? I have to use photoshop in every screen shoot otherwise :s

EDIT: dang it, I just read it in your web site, it is because the CBA

Edited by SpetS15

I have a problem with the HUD. I use 1920 x 1080 (16:9) but the name list beside the radar got messed up. If I lowered the resolution or ration the radar went missing but I got the full name list. What the heck happen?

How many players/Ai were in your group? I think I remember long ago, having an issue with the shack hud when I had too many squad members. I think it's designed to work with a small fireteam.

I have a problem with the HUD. I use 1920 x 1080 (16:9) but the name list beside the radar got messed up. If I lowered the resolution or ration the radar went missing but I got the full name list. What the heck happen?

We've had this problem ever since Arma 2. Our sections (squads) usually consist of 8 men which just doesn't fit on the STHUD.

We could split our fireteams up into 2, but then the lobby call-signs wouldn't match up (Alpha, Bravo, Charlie etc). Petty I know, but I'd prefer if this wasn't a problem.

We've had this problem ever since Arma 2. Our sections (squads) usually consist of 8 men which just doesn't fit on the STHUD.

We could split our fireteams up into 2, but then the lobby call-signs wouldn't match up (Alpha, Bravo, Charlie etc). Petty I know, but I'd prefer if this wasn't a problem.

My problem maybe because of our name is too long. The word got wrap to the next line so, I can't see the full list.

My problem maybe because of our name is too long. The word got wrap to the next line so, I can't see the full list.

Ah you're right - its the length of names that causing them to wrap to the next line (pushing the last man off the screen).

Any updates on this? I'm guessing only a minor change to the GUI config file is needed (width of name container). I would do it myself but I don't think that's allowed :p

Edited by GDSN

Ah you're right - its the length of names that causing them to wrap to the next line (pushing the last man off the screen).

Any updates on this? I'm guessing only a minor change to the GUI config file is needed (width of name container). I would do it myself but I don't think that's allowed :p

I know for a fact that this is how alot of Arma clans work.. they take someones mod and personalize and customize its attributes to their liking.. They dont claim dev rights on anything or redistribute to the public. They just modify it to fit their personal needs. Do it, you just cannot redistribute it publicly.. Personally I dont see anything wrong with that. As long as you dont try to claim that the mod is your's and that you dont publicly distribute your modified version "without" permission. Your still honering the OP's work, you just need it to work slightly different, or fixing a bug that the OP has over looked. It is in NO Way a malicious act and to consider it so is pure Biship..

i have this problem, the HUD disappears when i reload a saved game...

i have this problem, the HUD disappears when i reload a saved game...

Hi have that problem too, had it also on the ArmA2; seems that's a thing of the mission loading the possitions of everything but not re-running the addons/mods, it's a game's thing... but sometimes after a while... it comes up again.

That is the main reason I haven't been playing ArmA for a while: it's a game based on user content mods, and yet most don't work with a savegame.

Yay!

That is the main reason I haven't been playing ArmA for a while: it's a game based on user content mods, and yet most don't work with a savegame.

Yay!

If you're the squad leader try pressing the Numpad Del key twice after you have loaded your saved game. It's mapped to the tactical view function for Arma 3. After I press it twice the HUD reappears for me. Thanks go to Formski for originally pointing out this solution. Unfortunately not all mods reappear with this trick. TPW Mods is one I can't get to load from a saved game.

I've seen plenty of people state that they can't use mods in saved games. It's incredible that no one who has the technical skills to fix this hasn't figured out a solution to this problem by now. The world is a strange place, I guess.

I notice in one of Dslyecxi's newest ArmA 3 videos that he had some rather long names on his STHUD but none were going over to next line, has this be fixed on an unreleased version? Are you going to release more updates for this rather crucial mod?

I notice in one of Dslyecxi's newest ArmA 3 videos that he had some rather long names on his STHUD but none were going over to next line, has this be fixed on an unreleased version? Are you going to release more updates for this rather crucial mod?

Now I haven't looked at Dslyecxi's newest video, but one of our members had a really long name, but removing all spaces made his name stick to one line. Ofc that's kind of a band-aid, but it works for now.

Just a small heads-up, no idea if you are playing with development branch and already know/fixed this:

BIS added new icons and they result in an error at mission start when the HUD is activated. Adding the following four classes to the class Rsctitles\ST_STHUD_Rsc\Controls\Minimap makes the errors disappear. Maybe saves abit of time when next main branch patch is here.

class PowerSolar
   {
    icon = "";
    color[] = {0,0,0,0};
    size = 0;
    importance = 0;
    coefMin = 0;
    coefMax = 0;
   };
   class PowerWave
   {
    icon = "";
    color[] = {0,0,0,0};
    size = 0;
    importance = 0;
    coefMin = 0;
    coefMax = 0;
   };
   class PowerWind
   {
    icon = "";
    color[] = {0,0,0,0};
    size = 0;
    importance = 0;
    coefMin = 0;
    coefMax = 0;
   };
   class Shipwreck
   {
    icon = "";
    color[] = {0,0,0,0};
    size = 0;
    importance = 0;
    coefMin = 0;
    coefMax = 0;
   };

No idea if I already thanked you for this addon when released for A2, but I'll do it again here. Thank you very much, it's very useful and we never without it :)

As of March 2014, STHUD is now accompanied by the ShackTac Group Indicators mod, which changes the behavior of the group hexagons to be less intrusive and more interesting from a gameplay standpoint. A video of STGI follows, and you can also read more about it on my site, here.

The new STHUD/STGI download also includes fixes to the savegame issue, as well as truncating overly long names on STHUD.

Edited by Dslyecxi

As of March 2014, STHUD is now accompanied by the ShackTac Group Indicators mod, which changes the behavior of the group hexagons to be less intrusive and more interesting from a gameplay standpoint. A video of STGI follows, and you can also read more about it on my site, here.

The new STHUD/STGI download also includes fixes to the savegame issue, as well as truncating overly long names on STHUD.

Thanks Dslyecxi this is perfect! Just what my team has been looking for!

Any plans to add the new update to Play withSIX?

New update v140302 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@sthud_a3.png

@ Shacktac;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

very cool, My unit play with all the HUD elements off so will this turn on just the hexagons on players?

As far as I know, adding this mod with everything else turned off will simply introduce what the video/site mentions. Should just turn the hexagons on for people within your group.

As far as I know, adding this mod with everything else turned off will simply introduce what the video/site mentions. Should just turn the hexagons on for people within your group.

Very cool, That sounds like it could fit to our playstyle well.

Very nice! I usually play with zero HUD but this might be just the right balance between usefulness and unobtrusiveness :)

It can't be turned off using shift+alt+H for taking screenshots etc?

It can't be turned off using shift+alt+H for taking screenshots etc?

In ArmA 2 that was handled by ST_Menu i think and that is not yet available in ArmA 3.

In ArmA 2 that was handled by ST_Menu i think and that is not yet available in ArmA 3.

It's available (might need CBA_A3_beta5) but there's no option to turn off STGI.