dslyecxi

ShackTac User Interface (STHUD, STGI, and more)

Nevermind it was me being stupid.

Edited by Fozr

Hello everyone!

I'm new to Arma 3 and I can't get this mod to work.

I've downloaded version 130307_sthud_a3_v1 (is there a newer version and if so where can I get it?) and unpacked it C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/@sthud and added -mod=@sthud in Launch Options but the mod never loads when I start a new game.

Any help is appreciated.

Edit: never mind, just checked the download file. It should be working in theory. Be sure to check the "extensions" sections to make sure the mod is activated. If not, try not using Launch Options and instead activating it from the extensions sections.

Welcome to the forums.

Edited by 13isLucky

It still disappears with savegames. :(

Yay!

I confirm the above notion. It seems to disappear when loading/reverting a savegame. Otherwise good mod indeed.

I assume this mod has been built primary for online Coop/TvT sessions with *real players.

I like and still using this mod from A2 (with the team)..but i hope the dev.guys will find time and joy making in usable in SP also..

Diversity is always a plus..

Edited by GiorgyGR

...making in usable in SP also..

What do you mean? Does it do something different in COOP than in SP? It seems to work fine in SP for me.

What do you mean? Does it do something different in COOP than in SP? It seems to work fine in SP for me.

I am not sure but he might mean the savegame-issue that disables the hud in sp. So you are only able to use the hud until you have to load a savegame.

If you're a leader you can press numpad , to go into command view and then press it again to go back to normal view. That brings the HUD back. I don't know if there's anything that can be done to bring it back if you're not a leader.

Is there a way to see different squad with different colors ? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

You can see your squads fireteams in different colors..

Ok, I don't have any clue where to look for a documentation about this ? Can you provide a link or something please?

Or a little tutorial?

Thanks in advance

Ok, I don't have any clue where to look for a documentation about this ? Can you provide a link or something please?

Or a little tutorial?

Thanks in advance

You have to use the ingame command menu to assign colors to your men, and they will then be shown on the HUD.

Yay!

I really would like to get this addon to work for me. I am not new to arma I have played all of the series and familiar with adding the addons. I am currently running the developer build as in reading the Threads here it seemed to be the only suggestion I have not tried.

Added the Startup parameter to the desktop shortcut and I also am running the latest version of the CBA addon.

I have tried to see the hud in my showcases restarting them as I read it doesnt show up on saved versions of missions

I also have tried to run them in single player scenarios where I am in a group and still no luck

Each time I try I also hit the ctrl + Shift + H to try and see the hud or the menu for it and still nothing

please help me get this very nice looking addon to work.

Try using the ingame Extension menu and not the startup parameter.

Yay!

I was under the impression that there is a different version of the Shacktac ArmA 3 hud in the SIX network (I'm using Armarize btw). After all, that version did it for me...

You have to use the ingame command menu to assign colors to your men, and they will then be shown on the HUD.

Yay!

HI,

Will try it this evening : Thanks you very much

SIX network has an own download repository. Maybe there is a different version? Maybe it helps, here is my files details, those work:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\
name - size (bytes) - date - time
@sthud_a3\	0	2013.8.25	17:23.50
@sthud_a3\.rsync\	0	2013.8.25	17:32.12
@sthud_a3\addons\	0	2013.8.25	17:23.50
sthud.pbo	37000	2013.3.8	0:13.50
sthud.pbo.shacktac.bisign	561	2013.3.8	0:13.50
@sthud_a3\keys\	0	2013.8.25	17:23.50
shacktac.bikey	161	2013.3.8	0:13.50

Each time I try I also hit the ctrl + Shift + H to try and see the hud or the menu for it and still nothing.

Same problem.

The hud works perfectly and I'm able to add colours according to their team, but I'm unable to access to parameters.

Am I missing something ?

Yes, the hud works here as well, but shift+alt+h does nothing.

where are you guys getting this shift+alt+h stuff can someone direct me to where it says that you can press that key combo and get something from shacktac hud.... as far as i know .... the lil hud on the bottom middle of the screen is all you get... there are no menues or any keybinds.... so please explain im confused....... from my stand point your all having problems with something that doesnt exist... please enlighten me, in all seriousness... has there been some UI i didn't know about in st_hud?

Edited by Lordprimate

The STHUD UserMenu aspect isn't part of the public A3 STHUD release currently, so that keybind won't function.

The STHUD UserMenu aspect isn't part of the public A3 STHUD release currently, so that keybind won't function.

Dslyecxi , could you make it public so the SP people like myself can hide/show the tactical hud ? If it brings back the hud after restarting a saved SP mission that would be terrific. Your tactical hud is great and very useful for SP as well as MP.

Thanks for your efforts for making Arma more immersive.

where are you guys getting this shift+alt+h stuff can someone direct me to where it says that you can press that key combo and get something from shacktac hud.... as far as i know .... the lil hud on the bottom middle of the screen is all you get... there are no menues or any keybinds.... so please explain im confused....... from my stand point your all having problems with something that doesnt exist... please enlighten me, in all seriousness... has there been some UI i didn't know about in st_hud?

You will see it in the ArmA II version. I have no idea where it's documented. Here in this thread probably :D Unfortunately for SP players, it usually does not reappear after using savegames.

Ok, thank you !