Sign in to follow this  
Ascorius

Operation: Spartan Shield Co-08, Dynamic mission (DAC)

Awesome to hear that you guys love the mission, Ekin06. Comments like yours really make the effort of making missions worth it :)

First, this is a freaking awsome mission and we aleady restarted it like 100 times and had a lot more fun. Thanks!

For my mates I updated the mission with this http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18955 Revive-Script (I am an absolute noob with scripting and mission editing). We played yesterday a lot of hours, but we didn't get through the mission due to a servercrash. Anyway it was a little bit too easy, thats why I decided now to only give medics the limited (FirstAid-Kits will be needed) ability to revive. We will test this today.

hi, may I ask how you got the mission to work with the btc revive script? when I've tried adding it to the mission files nobody can join the server. they get connection failed. thanks

Some footage with my guys. Sorry that we are not talking english.

@ogudak

Sure, I can write a little Step-by-Step. Will take me some minutes, brb.

EDIT:

Revive Integration:

Get the Spartan Shield mission.

Get the =BTC= Revive script.

Extract the mission .pbo with PBOview to folder A.

Extract the content of the revive .zip to folder B.

Move folder =BTC=_revive from B into folder A.

Edit the description.ext in A and delete all stuff but

loadScreen = "";
onLoadMission="Your Description here";

Respawn = "3";
RespawnDelay = 1;
RespawnDialog = 0;

class Header
{
gameType = COOP;
minPlayers = 1;
maxPlayers = 8;
};

#include "=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_respawn.h"

At the beginning of the init.sqf file, insert the line

call compile preprocessFile "=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_revive_init.sqf";

You don't have to change anything in your mission.sqm.

If you wan't your team, just can get revived by a medic, open up the =BTC=_revive_init.sqf at the =BTC=_revive folder and set the parameter

BTC_who_can_revive=["B_medic_F"];

Repack folder A with PBOview.

So far... that's all I did. If I missed something, I will let you know.

PS: If you inserted the script, you will get a respawn button. I would not recommend you to use it, thus you will respawn kilometres away in the ocean (without a respawn point). The respawn option can not be deactivated yet... just don't push the button.

Edited by ekin06

Just be careful when modifying the mission. I have seen people make some mistakes while doing this. They set the start location of the group of the beach for example, but if you do this, the southern patrols will not activate because of the way it is set up. I have also seen some people add new slots or change a slot without naming the player units correctly... they need to be named s1, s2, s3 etc etc (If you dont do this, you can break the waypoint generation and you will get patrols that just stand still).

Hello there

Not working on the dev build FYI. Same error as above (galkin etc)

Rgds

LoK

Hello there

Not working on the dev build FYI. Same error as above (galkin etc)

Rgds

LoK

Expecting mission makers to create/update missions for a constantly changing dev build is silly imo. If you choose to use the dev build, you will ofcourse run into problems.

But if you want to modify it to work on a devbuild server, just remember to go into the DAC folder, then the configs folder, open the unit conig and change the classnames of the ifrit so Ifrits are actually spawned :) Editing the mission.sqm will also be needed ofcourse.

Edited by Ascorius

@Ascorius

Yes, I know. It is working fine. I am not doing any mistakes. ;)

Great job on this mission Ascorius. Really enjoying it.

1.3 coming out later today. The revive version will be postponed though, I tried porting norrins revive, and it worked quite well except for one bug that I couldnt accept releasing it with. BTC revive will not be implemented as it does not have the features I want in a revive script for the mission.

Screenshots from the new v1.3 version we recently tested with Ascorius & Juvial. :)

We had made our way to eliminate the defector, but had been ambushed by 14 enemies in close-combat and nearly lost the whole squad. Only three of us remained. In the following 10 minutes we desperatly tried to get away while multiple enemies chased us. While the bullets whizelled around our heads, Ascorius (Squad Leader) tried to figure out a safe escape route, while Juvial (lMG) and me (Marksman) covered him. You can see him checking the map on pic one while we take care of the enemies.

spartan_shield01syypk.jpg

spartan_shield02y8bfo.jpg

Thanks to Riki for taking the pictures. He died a heroic death half a mile back in the slaugtherhouse. Roughly 5 minutes after those two screenshots we had ran into another 13-men patrol of enemies and nearly managed to get away, when we finally got pinned behind some small rocks and eliminated. :butbut:

any hints on how to find the mortors? we walked around for about an hour in the southern marker but never found it...got kinda boring so I quit. Played on LAN alone.

Can this be played SP in LAN?

Would like to try this out with AI as teammates....

@Ekin06: Yeah, it got postponed, and I still need to iron out smaller bugs. But the AI behaviour is really improved in some ways in 1.3, the artillery barrage and other tweaks/bugfixes are also in place.

@BigShot: Well, if you are having problems finding the mortars you can split into two teams and recce different areas. I can guarantee you the mortars are in the marked areas, though sometimes it will be harder to find than others.

@Kommeikat: Yeah you can play it in SP with the AI :)

Just uploaded 1.3. I wanted to add more things to this version, but the new alpha version forced my hand (The cool stuff will have to wait until 1.4). Anyways, this version has alot better AI behaviour imo.

I've been reading thos post. As far as I can read the revive script is not yet it place. However you mentioned the fact that you respawn as alive AI if any are left in the group? Is that correct?

Love the mission and the effort you guys put into this but my friends and I play cuasual. If one of the 4 of us dies as 50% of the mission that is rather dull. I know you need to get a bit more of a "real" emmersion stuff but a 5 minute timer would also create this fealing (atleast partly?).

Anyway what I can read from the script now:

respawn = 4;
respawndelay = 3;

So what does this mean right now for the respawn meganism?

@Mindstorm: Correct, I have not made a revive version yet because I haven't found a satisfactory solution to revive in A3. But you can respawn as AI squadmembers that are still alive if you choose to play with AI activated. Meaning group respawn is activated now.

What about the way it's handled in the COOP MP showcase mission (escape the island). Respawn with the timer.

Did you not implement that because it's "to easy"? (As in revive by medic is more realistic) or?

@Mindstorm: Correct, I have not made a revive version yet because I haven't found a satisfactory solution to revive in A3.

what revive features did you think about?

Great mission, but i guess a bit buggy since the latest Alpha version. Are you going to release an update?

I have a new version of this that I've modified for my own personal use only...if you PM me I can send it over for you to try if you want, but keep in mind it's not meant to be publicly distributed in any way.

Great mission, but i guess a bit buggy since the latest Alpha version. Are you going to release an update?

I have gone back to doing stuff for A2 again for a while (Not alot to play around with in A3 yet), but I don't think there should be any new bugs in the mission because of newer alpha versions. Unless they have changed something like class names. But if you know about any specific bugs, I can fix them.