Sign in to follow this  
Ascorius

Operation: Spartan Shield Co-08, Dynamic mission (DAC)

p4cCtP3.jpg

Operation Spartan Shield v 1.3

By Ascorius and Juvial

Story: In a push to get total control of the Mediterranean Sea, NATO has decided to strike Stratis next. To eliminate the Iranian presence, an invasion is necessary. But since forces are stretched thin, command has decided they will insert a SEAL team first to eliminate certain Iranian assets to lower their fighting capability (Yeah not very inventive, we all have NATO invades Stratis stories now hehe).

Objectives:

1. Insert on the beach
  2. Destroy the southern and northern mortar teams
  3. Destroy the two attack helicopters
  4. Exfiltrate
  5. Optional: Kill the defector

Description: The mission is set up as a search and destroy mission with focus on stealth. The enemy forces have a very high amount of reinforcements in case you try to kill them all (Do be aware that the reinforcements travel from logical locations instead of just spawning close to you). Most playthroughs will be very different, one playthrough might feel way too hard, but the next might feel easy (up to a point normally... thats how it is with randomized missions).

Features:

1. DAC
  2. Randomized objective locations, do recon to find them.
  3. Dynamic enemies. Varying number of enemy patrols, random patrol routes, and random enemy patrol strength and enemy skill.
  4. Mission starts at random time of day
  5. The mission makes use of most of Stratis
  6. Enemy forces ask for reinforcement, and they will converge on you quickly.
  7. Synched weather for multiplayer

Notes: We wanted to make a mission using DAC that made use of most of Stratis, and this is what we ended up with. DAC actually functions very well with A3, but has some smaller issues, though other functions work better than they did in A2. Just don't try to engage everything you see unless you have a very organized group (Organized group thought it was easy in testing, unorganized group thought it was impossible). The mission probably has several issues (like most missions have), so please don't hesitate with calling them out, we will fix them :) One issue I know about is that you will end up with wrong time of day if you JIP, and I could add a script to synch it, but currently I am too tired after too much fun with the A3 editor.

DL LINKS:

http://rapidshare.com/files/2504992427/Co_08_SpartanShield_v1-3.Stratis.pbo , http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?151u6jr20e8ituf

Changelog:

Version 1.3:

1. Fixed the mission so it works with the new alpha version.
  2. Tweaked AI behaviour again (Vehicles and vehicle patrols should act alot smarter now).
  3. Fixed a small bug with the defector.
  4. Tweaked number of patrols and areas they patrol.
  5. The radius of the artillery barrage is alot tighter now.
  6. Added minor polish here and there.

Version 1.2:

1. Added an optional objective to kill a defector (This can be a very hard task depending on randomization).
  2. Added an option to call in an artillery barrage through the radio menu.
  3. Changed the loadout of the group. Giving them more options (Long range scopes, suppressors, one member gets a marksman rifle etc).
  4. Further randomized the objective locations.
  5. Removed the static checkpoints and replaced them with randomized checkpoints.
  6. Randomized which bases/areas gets heavy fortifications.
  7. Tweaked the AI behaviour.
  8. Slightly changed some DAC zones.
  9. Moved the starting location a bit closer to the beach.

Quickfix:

Updated the DL links with a working version

A youtube video of some guys playing through the 1.1 version of the mission:

Edited by Ascorius

I will download this and try it out tonight/ this morning. I dont suppose you can put these up on armaholic?

don't work for me

I put the file in mpmissions ou missions

but nothing in multiplayer and solo...

don't work for me

I put the file in mpmissions ou missions

but nothing in multiplayer and solo...

Thank you for informing me. And you were right, for some weird reason it didnt show. But I uploaded a new pbo that I just triple checked, it should show up. The DL links are updated.

Edited by Ascorius

Yep it's work, thanks for your help ;)

Nice looking mission Ascorius,

I really like the start with the boat entrance.One thing though,is there any way that when you die you don't turn into the seagull,instead you could go to another team member or respawn near to where you died?

As the AI are pretty relentless now I have yet to make it to the first task,but I will keep at it,

Keep up the good work bud,

Mick. :)

I could add group respawn I guess (so you can respawn as AI squad members that are still alive), but I don't want to add other forms of respawn, since I prefer missions that make you fear dying somewhat.

Nice mission buddy! Question though, can you disable or configure the DAC weather?, I find the mist really annoying.

Yeah I should probably get rid of the weather, in some cases it doesnt look very good. But I will make a new version with some updated DAC settings (certain functions only makes the a3 ai screwy).

I played it, it's good but any chance to get a respawn in it?

A respawn or revive script would be helpful.

Has no one been able to work out how to select your own kit on the mission brief screen? I hate going into long range fights with red-dot scopes.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I am working on an updated version right now. I will not add revive or respawn (Personally I think missions with revive just turn into cakewalks with no real challenge). But I am changing the loadout a bit, and I am also making the mission a bit easier by adding some support functions (You can call in a 120mm artillery barrage and Littlebird support).

I agree, however any chance of doing one with and without respawn/revive. So one of each? If not then it doesn't matter, still a great mission and still enjoy playing it. :)

There, released version 1.2. I edited the top post to show the changes. Should be alot more polished now, and even more randomization yeah, hehe. Download links are also updated.

Alot of people ask for revive now. Personally I dislike revive, but I can add it in a revive version I guess. But the design idea of the mission totally crashes with revive... and from personal experience revive only becomes fun if you are under constant fire. So would the people that want revive, want a version with revive and 2x or 3x more patrols? Or do you just want it to stay the same in the revive version.

More patrols wouldn't be bad, reason I'd like revive is because I play with 4/5 others, we take our time, plan attacks and so on, so if you're 50% through a mission and the AI gets a lucky shot off it sucks, I like revive scripts because you still have to win the fire fight, if the whole squad fups up you still have to start over.

More patrols wouldn't be bad, reason I'd like revive is because I play with 4/5 others, we take our time, plan attacks and so on, so if you're 50% through a mission and the AI gets a lucky shot off it sucks, I like revive scripts because you still have to win the fire fight, if the whole squad fups up you still have to start over.

Thanks for the feedback El_muerko. I will add a version with revive with the next version then. MIght not happen instantly, since I am trying to find someone to cooperate with on my next mission. But anyways, I love feedback in any form as long as its constructive.

Thanks for the feedback El_muerko. I will add a version with revive with the next version then. MIght not happen instantly, since I am trying to find someone to cooperate with on my next mission. But anyways, I love feedback in any form as long as its constructive.

First, this is a freaking awsome mission and we aleady restarted it like 100 times and had a lot more fun. Thanks!

For my mates I updated the mission with this http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18955 Revive-Script (I am an absolute noob with scripting and mission editing). We played yesterday a lot of hours, but we didn't get through the mission due to a servercrash. Anyway it was a little bit too easy, thats why I decided now to only give medics the limited (FirstAid-Kits will be needed) ability to revive. We will test this today.

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependant on downloadable content that has been deleted.A3_soft_F_Galkin.

Am I missing something or does the mission need an update?

what arma version are you running on? any mods in ye folder?

If I remember correctly, the Galkin was the old config name for the Ifrit and was changed lately (not sure if dev channel only, or on both).

So missions created before that should be updated.

First, this is a freaking awsome mission and we aleady restarted it like 100 times and had a lot more fun. Thanks!

For my mates I updated the mission with this http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18955 Revive-Script (I am an absolute noob with scripting and mission editing). We played yesterday a lot of hours, but we didn't get through the mission due to a servercrash. Anyway it was a little bit too easy, thats why I decided now to only give medics the limited (FirstAid-Kits will be needed) ability to revive. We will test this today.

I am glad you enjoy the mission. We created the mission without revive/respawn script intentionally, as we feel it gets more intense when you know you can die at any time. So yea it can get easier when you add that script as it is not designed for it.

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependant on downloadable content that has been deleted.A3_soft_F_Galkin.

Am I missing something or does the mission need an update?

Just tested the mission file and it works just fine, or are you using the Development Build?

well, you still can die any time. if both medics die, you can't get revived anymore. have in mind, the medics have limited firstaid-kits as well. gamefeeling is still great.