Sign in to follow this  
Jigsor

Anyone gotten Eliteness to work on Windows 7?

Due to Arma 3 requirements I've moved from XP Pro to Win 7. Yuck! I've become very attached to the GUI in Eliteness and appreciate the ability to easily depbo, and repbo missions and some mods for arma 2, arma 1 and OFP with one tool. I have been using a v2.xx? and also tried the latest 2.95 along with replacing the depbo.dll with the newer v4.02. Still does not work . I get an error about Eliteness dependant assembly, side by side, public token could not be found. Tried running as administrator under xp compatibility and still no success. Has anyone found a way to run Eliteness under windows 7. Maybe Mikero could chime in. Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this question.

I'm having a helluva time getting it to work. I've opened up a ticket at DH https://dev-heaven.net/issues/71213

In the mean time I'm using Pbo Manager. It's nowhere near as easy to use as Eliteness but it does the trick for now. Just be careful if you use it. I tried to depbo and it ended up putting every file on my desk top. Not sure why that's even an option but it's a pain.

Here's the DL for Pbo manager http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369&highlight=PBO%2BMANAGER

Works perfectly fine on my pc running win7. I haven't done anything special, just downloaded them from DH.

Putting the depbo.dll and the eliteness.exe in the same folder is the only thing that you might not have done?

Thanks Manzilla,

Works a dream so far. Nice to have right click ability. No luck following the ticket. The link does not work for me.

TG Marksman X I tried that before posting. It seems related to an older unknown C++ library that missing maybe? My win7 is a fresh install so not to much additional muck added yet. Note win 7 here is 64 bit version

Thanks Manzilla,

Works a dream so far. Nice to have right click ability. No luck following the ticket. The link does not work for me.

TG Marksman X I tried that before posting. It seems related to an older unknown C++ library that missing maybe? My win7 is a fresh install so not to much additional muck added yet. Note win 7 here is 64 bit version

Had the same problem once, Eliteness seems to need a particular version of the Virtual C++ Redistributable. It should be vcredist_x86.exe from dev-heaven.

TonyGrunt, you are a scholar and a gentleman for solving this issue. Old habits die hard. Eliteness is back!

I'm still having problems. I have an error "MSVCP110.dll". What version of Virtual C++ Redistributable did you install? I tried the 2012 (latest).

I had a look in my windows/syswow64 and have msvcp100.dll and msvcp120.dll in there. No msvcp120.dll

However there is in /system32

I'm still having problems. I have an error "MSVCP110.dll". What version of Virtual C++ Redistributable did you install? I tried the 2012 (latest).

I had a look in my windows/syswow64 and have msvcp100.dll and msvcp120.dll in there. No msvcp120.dll

However there is in /system32

They updated Visual C++ Redistributable you need is at Latest Supported Visual C++ Downloads, Visual Studio 2012 (VC++ 11.0) choose the x86 version.

Just tried and it works with latest Eliteness & DePbo.dll. MSVCP110.DLL version is 11.00.51106.1.

Rather than Eliteness you can now use extractPBOGUI instead.

Did a google search but can't find anything by extractPBOGUI. If you mean ExtractPbo from Kju & Mikero that wouldn't help his problem cause the dependency is with depbo.dll which both Eliteness & ExtractPbo use.

If you mean another tool, a link would be appreciated. :)

Did a google search but can't find anything by extractPBOGUI. If you mean ExtractPbo from Kju & Mikero that wouldn't help his problem cause the dependency is with depbo.dll which both Eliteness & ExtractPbo use.

If you mean another tool, a link would be appreciated. :)

That's what I meant. Mikero himself said that using the new version of ExtractPBO is probably better than Eliteness since it's much more streamlined. Personally I don't even open Eliteness or ExtractPBO. Just double click to extract a PBO and rclick/create to repack it. No GUI needed.

I've got the newest version of elitness working fine, the only thing is when I unpack a pbo and change a couple units in a file, and save it again as pbo, when entering the scenarios in game it causes me to crash, anyone else with same issue?

Edit: Figured it our, user error, works perfect now.

Edited by Maxiim

Works perfectly fine on my pc running win7. I haven't done anything special, just downloaded them from DH.

Putting the depbo.dll and the eliteness.exe in the same folder is the only thing that you might not have done?

Same here... if you keep UAC enabled for security, simply right-click and "Run As Administrator" to get it going.