Sign in to follow this  
CombatComm

vehicle player setVehicleArmor not working?

As above, or I just don't understand how this command works. I am trying to set the health of a weapons cache to a level so that ONLY a satchel charge or explosive can destroy it. However when I try setting this value to vehicle player setVehicleArmor 1 it dosent get any stronger. Bullets still destroy it. Can anyone please assist? Thank you.

Try this

this addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", 
{
if ((_this select 4) == "DemoCharge_Remote_Ammo") then {1} else {0};
}];

CLOSE! Bullets dont damage it but now niether does the charge lol. Could it have something to do with global vs local variables etc? I have the cache named in the editor. Thanks again

There's two C4's right? Are you using the other one perhaps?

You can do this

{
copyToClipBoard str (_this select 4);
}];

To get the name of what damaged it. (Ctrl + V after you did the damage).

You can add several damages types like this:

{
if ((_this select 4) in ["DemoCharge_Remote_Ammo","DemoExample2","DemoExample3"]) then {1} else {0};
}];

Just change the examples to whatever class name you get from the copyToClipBoard.

It's not a problem with local or global variables. The box does not need to be named, you only need to put this code in the init field of the box.

Should the clipboard come up on screen or do I have to find it in Arma directory. In any case, even with the clipboard script the cache simply is invisible. I assume the clipboard script event handler dosent care WHAT destroys the cache, it is just suppose to tell me what destroyed it, right?

EDIT---- Hey bud thanks so much for your help got it to work! Like you said just a case of mistaken classname. Satchelcharge ammo. Thanks again!

Edited by CombatComm