Dwarden

Dedicated server - status

nope, it's WIP, when we know more we will tell You, same goes for the "dedicated server data package" (which was mentioned in last major SPOTREP) ...

nope, it's WIP, when we know more we will tell You, same goes for the "dedicated server data package" (which was mentioned in last major SPOTREP) ...

Please delay it another month to take care the performance is at least same as the windows version.

actually the performance should be way better - but you showed at arma2 how its possible to screw a linux dedicated.

Please delay it another month to take care the performance is at least same as the windows version.

actually the performance should be way better - but you showed at arma2 how its possible to screw a linux dedicated.

erm, what you talk about? the nix dedicated server was always as fast as win or faster than win, it's main issue was absence of callExtension equivalent

Multiple clients from the same IP adress via "loopback = true;" method still not working. My HC/HC2/normal player Client get kicked off immediately if set to true.

I have a Steam key for the dedicated server package. However I can't find now documentation on how to deploy / setup or configure it.

I noticed a bunch of directories are missing vs the full release:

Battleye

MPmissions

Vanilla Config

etc..

Is there any documentation on it or should I follow the same basic process that was used with the full release version of A3 when setting up a server?

the A3 DS data package isn't yet fully ready (the BE and MPmissions are fixed)

the data aren't yet 1.06 (just release, so probably later this week)

the default config will be soon

the A3 DS data package isn't yet fully ready (the BE and MPmissions are fixed)

the data aren't yet 1.06 (just release, so probably later this week)

the default config will be soon[/quote

So the bottom line is just for us to hold fast a few more days?

A3 server data package is now with 1.06 compliant data and works ... :) ...

A3 server data package is now with 1.06 compliant data and works ... :) ...

where can i download it?

if anyone want test (remember it's not final yet but it works atm.) then PM me on skype, otherwise just wait till it's released to everyone

standalone Arma 3 dedicated server package was announced for the Windows and Linux in recent SITREP #038

anyway tha's not the important part

we now run test of new server code optimizations using newly compiled binaries

results are good and client FPS are way higher while server FPS slightly higher

if anyone with servers over 40 players want to take part then PM me on skype and get on the skype channel for admins ...

and Linux in recent SITREP #038

Hooray :) more important than any other sitrep ever :D

Quick question:

Where can I find the files? Does it replace the one in the A3 folder, or is it somewhere else?

I checked Steam tools but could not see anything there (except the modding tools).

Thanks, DA

Stadalone dedicated server wasn´t released yet. It will be released in stable branch Arma 3 update in the afternoon IMO. You should be able to find it in Steam tools.

we now run test of new server code optimizations using newly compiled binaries

results are good and client FPS are way higher while server FPS slightly higher

When will us mere mortals get this? :)

Stadalone dedicated server wasn´t released yet. It will be released in stable branch Arma 3 update in the afternoon IMO. You should be able to find it in Steam tools.

Thanks for the reply Andy - I couldn't see anything under tools yesterday - will have a look later when I get home.

Alright, maybe I'm confused. I thought the point of having the 'Standalone Dedicated Server' package was to allow us to setup/run a dedicated server on another box without Steam running. I just downloaded the server software through tools in Steam, went to start it up and it immediately asked me to login into Steam.

Am I doing something wrong, or is that a requirement to run the Server?

Edit: Alright, looks like I was doing something wrong. You can still run the .exe without logging in, but the shortcut created on the desktop requires a login to Steam and then opens up a text file telling you to run the .exe :)

Edited by Meatball

Edit: Alright, looks like I was doing something wrong. You can still run the .exe without logging in, but the shortcut created on the desktop requires a login to Steam and then opens up a text file telling you to run the .exe :)

This is an unfortunate consequence of how the steam client works. It doesn't respect the steam_appid.txt file that is included in the server package. What's more, it will overwrite it so you might be unable to login to the server with normal game. So in order to run the server simply run it outside the steam client.

the server package is mainly meant to be STEAMless (aka you shall use STEAMcmd commadlineinterface for this: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD

and if you need to use STEAMclient then at max only for download / updates ...

---------- Post added at 20:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:28 ----------

new performance 1.08 server binary is already used on our stress test servers and by quite some admins ...

so if you have blazing FPS on those servers you can blame me later

Edited by Dwarden

Does anyone have the following issue?

0:37:35 NetServer::SendMsg: cannot find channel #1882379196, users.card=0

0:37:35 NetServer: users.get failed when sending to 1882379196

0:37:35 Message not sent - error 0, message ID = ffffffff, to 1882379196 (DarkWanderer)

0:38:17 c:\w\c_branch\poseidon\futura_stable\lib\network\networkserver.cpp ClearNetServer:NOT IMPLEMENTED - briefing!

Tried to connect to a server hosted on another machine in local network. Never actually hosted a server, so maybe I screwed something in the config.

P.S. Cooking the debug macros into the release version is a bad thing :)

Edited by DarkWanderer