Dwarden

Dedicated server - status

He means you only need a 2nd copy for a dedicated CLIENT (ie: headless client). For dedicated server you do not need an additional license.

please realize there exist both Dedicated Server (DS) and Dedicated Client (DC) ...

with special mode of the DC which is used for e.g. AI offload while in superfast network, let's call it Headless Client (HC) :)

and because any client is client and needs authorizing to work, You need to use STEAM account which owns the game if you want to run any DC/HC ...

yet for DS , You don't need STEAM account, tho You may use one to login with STEAMcmd and download the data ;)

Is there any chance you can allow downloads of the dedicated server without requiring a beta account? It's somewhat annoying to have to log out of my steam account in order to update my dedicated server.

Currently, if you try to download it with an anonymous account, you get this error:

ERROR! Failed to install app '107410' (No subscription)

You get the same error if you try to log in with an account that doesn't own the game.

not possible until separate dedicated server and it's data package, no ETA for now

Hi Dwarden,

i am trying to setup a MP development environment, to integrate a dedicated client (HC) in a mission (current DEV build).

There is a new feature "loopback = true;", that should, as far as i understand, support at least one client, + one HC + one DS on the same machine.

If i try to connect my local HC on local DS (same machine, with "loopback = true"), i got this as result:

14:21:30 > You were kicked off the game.

This occurs while no other client or HC is connected! (And it doesn't matter if BE is activated or not.)

If i remove the loopback param in server.cfg, the dedicated client is connecting fine, but then i can't connect with a local client (on same machine)!

So my question is: Is that feature still WIP, or should it already work?

Thanks,

Fred41

new feature for server :

We added newly loopback mod for testing. You enable it by "loopback = true;" , added into Arma 3 server config file.

This will allow You to join multiple clients from same IP (and only) as the server runs at!

Edited by Fred41

I've noticed the the same issue mentioned as Fred41 with DS + HC with "loopback=true" enabled in the server config.

My only other issue is that without that line (or commented out) in the server config my HC eventually crashes due to it connecting/disconnecting for some reason (Crash reports have been emailed to Dwarden).

setthe server to use different STEAM ports than default , tell me result ...

... tried with non default STEAM ports (steamPort = 8866; steamQueryPort = 28016), i got still:

> You were kicked off the game.

... any other idea?

Thanks,

Fred41

setthe server to use different STEAM ports than default , tell me result ...

Same here - STEAM ports are set on 'non-defaults'

// Steam Ports

steamPort=8768;

steamQueryPort=27017;

Hi Dwarden,

any updates on HC / Loopback-issues?

thx & best regards,

Blue1

any news for the linux ds?

From my point of view I can accept WINE as so called "interims solution" but what about Battleye? Today it does not work with WINE afaik. I am surprised no one talks about that fact. Running server without BE? No way...

wine is no solution, hope bohemia releases native linux ds... else all steam concerns turns real.

for now there is no ETA on Linux, but that's unrelated to STEAM, there was way too much non-linux code added in Arma 3, that it takes time to do it right ...

for now there is no ETA on Linux, but that's unrelated to STEAM, there was way too much non-linux code added in Arma 3, that it takes time to do it right ...

could you clarify this please? is there another language being added?

could you clarify this please? is there another language being added?

No, it just need time to convert the available windows binaries to linux.

mhh, 12.9 rls, no sp > only mp > no linux dedicated server... great!

Oh please.

Linux binaries. For my dedicated arma Server.

This is why:

server.png

Why? Because War.

steamcmd.exe +login <username> <password> +force_install_dir c:\install\folder\ +app_update "107410 -beta development" validate +quit

Is this line still the same? or do we have to change it?

And if we have to change it which is the correct line now since the release?

Its been a while since the last linux dedicated server update, news would be appreciated. Thanks!

Here the latest statement: Linux server binary is slated for release after Windows server binary. (yes, nothing changed since à while but this is clear, no ambiguity is possible here. ^^)

Pretty much everything is in progress for Windows server binary, we can expect a "large ETA" soon, at least, an estimated time of start of development.

Hi!

Could you please provide a date when linux dedicated server will be available? even if only approximately :)

This is my showstopper for buying right now

Thanks! :yay:

Edited by P3pp3Rtm