Server #1

Port: 2345

steamPort = 8766;

steamQueryPort = 21016;

Server #2

Port: 2346

steamPort = 8767;

steamQueryPort = 21017;

IMPORTANT: Since the new update I had to open my Server Firewall port (windows) to access services such as gametracker and Playwithsix

Thanks for the Help. It indeed was adding the SteamPort and SteamQuery Port to the server.cfg! Runs perfectly now!

Now back to sign Acre to get it working with verifySignatures=2 :S

It's the server.cfg yes!

Regarding the steam stuff I jsut done it the easy way

Server #1

Port: 2345

steamPort = 8766;

steamQueryPort = 21016;

Server #2

Port: 2346

steamPort = 8767;

steamQueryPort = 21017;

IMPORTANT: Since the new update I had to open my Server Firewall port (windows) to access services such as gametracker and Playwithsix

I seriously suggest you setup at least 10 ports inbetween each server main port so 2345 and 2355

Tested the dedicated server on the stable branch (I've missed the new steam ports too...) and it's working fine.

I seriously suggest you setup at least 10 ports inbetween each server main port so 2345 and 2355

Why?..

I still can't get two servers running? is this issue something to do with running the server off the same exe?

Also im not sure what the steam ports actually do, sorry about being such an idiot over this but its one of those days, I can't find anything to do with what the steam ports function is.

the only thing which springs to mind is the ability to join through friends on steam?

Edit @tankbuster: because you have say 2302 2303 and 2305 all performing functions such as server voip and something else (can't remember what)

if you set them up in such close range its likely some ports won't work such as voip.

+1 to server port == gs query

+3 to server port == was old VON (now it's equal to server port)

also GameSpy query has rare issue

(it actually might be not issue but sort of fallback feature) where if the port become unavailable it tries +1 until it works etc.

(it was rare but happened since arma (maybe ofpr))

nobody who had at least 10 ports between each server had issues with port overlap

So when will people be able to test MP content with more than 1 local client (HC or normal Client) on a local dedicated server again (local = on the same machine)? Or will it stay the way it is now, second client gets always kicked?

Xeno

Aye. This is essential to be able to build (large scale) MP game modes.

While BI may be still SP only, the community has a MP focus.

So since the stable updated I tried to host my own dedicated server on the same PC as my client but get kicked from it on join. I get this error: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?155517-Kicked-from-own-server

Reading through this thread it seems other had this issue but it was supposedly fixed? Could someone explain the solution to me like I'm 8 so I can finally get back to developing this mission. Thanks!

So when will people be able to test MP content with more than 1 local client (HC or normal Client) on a local dedicated server again (local = on the same machine)? Or will it stay the way it is now, second client gets always kicked?

Xeno

Xeno, that feature is WIP, see the dedicated server status sticky ... it's definitely more than just 'on radar'

Is there any doco available on changes between the A2 and A3 Query protocols? That would be right handy for people trying to update their query scripts, control panels etc.

I still can't get two servers running? is this issue something to do with running the server off the same exe?

Also im not sure what the steam ports actually do, sorry about being such an idiot over this but its one of those days, I can't find anything to do with what the steam ports function is.

the only thing which springs to mind is the ability to join through friends on steam?

Edit @tankbuster: because you have say 2302 2303 and 2305 all performing functions such as server voip and something else (can't remember what)

if you set them up in such close range its likely some ports won't work such as voip.

Follow this tutorial.

It explains a step by step walk through and much more on setting up a dedicated server for ArmA3

Tutorial: How to set up ArmA3 Dedicated server

I thought it was related to the server re-starter that i use, however, It would seem that my HeadlessClient cannot connect to a pass-worded server...

Any ETA for linux server?

Don't know why linux is so much ignored here... :confused:

Server=linux.

My server with Arma 2 Co running under debian go litterally better than another server I know with better hw, the double amount of my ram and ssd but with windows server...

Why people are so masochist... FPDR

Linux native comes when ready, until then just use WINE and windows binaries ... the performance impact is minimal and neglible

Xeno, that feature is WIP, see the dedicated server status sticky ... it's definitely more than just 'on radar'

Almost 4 weeks gone, nothing happened. Is this still planned for A3 and if so, what's the status?

Xeno

@ Ramius

I guess the performance isn't that much better on Linux, ... or can you get 64 Players (or more) runned at more than 5 Server-FPS!??

Maybe we have luck and BIS will do something about that with beta - or at latest chance, to release and provide essential capacitys / infos / setups ...

Detailled "Problemhunting" to Server-FPS you can find here ....

@Blue1 With linux I've not ram and resources wasted on an useless GUI and useless services and I've not to restart my sistem at every update! I've got ONE Windows 2008 R2 bought ONLY for make working arma 3..

I don't want to dirty my system with wine and all his dependency so I've noticed little differences , very very *little*...

Only the different way in which "linux" use ram ( caching ) .... :)

Try only to run a server with linux and windows and make some test... I've noticed a big difference... Maybe I'm a better sysadmin on a linux server than windows.. Don't know..

Install also some deamon like preload if you don't want to use your ram with a big tmpfs ( or if you don't have much ram )

My clan is not so big to test with 64 player and we make more and more coop than a tvt or pvp but yeah, I will open a server and will test this!

But if difference with linux and win are so stupid ( you think ) why bistudio and all arma network is running under a debian system? ;)

Almost 4 weeks gone, nothing happened. Is this still planned for A3 and if so, what's the status?

Xeno

if possible offer both Windows and Linux binaries (atm. Arma 3 Alpha Dedicated Server available only for Windows platform) [WIP]

* Linux server binary is slated for release after Windows server binary

IE the status is you need to wait for an update, If half of you would spend all this time reading the dang post and the sitreps and the spotreps then you wouldn't be assuming that your not getting any form of server on linux, BI already said they are working on it but you all need to learn to read the original post before going on rants about how your being left out or how linux is far more superior because of <stupid reason x>

But if difference with linux and win are so stupid ( you think ) why bistudio and all arma network is running under a debian system? ;)

I always seem to think, for a linux admin why do these people never read anything..

Edited by xyberviri

@Blue1 With linux I've not ram and resources wasted on an useless GUI and useless services and I've not to restart my sistem at every update! I've got ONE Windows 2008 R2 bought ONLY for make working arma 3..

I don't want to dirty my system with wine and all his dependency so I've noticed little differences , very very *little*...

Only the different way in which "linux" use ram ( caching ) .... :)

Try only to run a server with linux and windows and make some test... I've noticed a big difference... Maybe I'm a better sysadmin on a linux server than windows.. Don't know..

Install also some deamon like preload if you don't want to use your ram with a big tmpfs ( or if you don't have much ram )

My clan is not so big to test with 64 player and we make more and more coop than a tvt or pvp but yeah, I will open a server and will test this!

First of all, i did not say linux is stupid! ;)

yes, you are maybe using some ressources for Win-server ... but, ... thats only little...BUT:

the most important part of the problem is: the GAME ITSELF IS NOT ABLE to use the abilitys of the SERVERPOWER ITSELF! (as you can see in my link above, with all tests and stuff)

You don't have to test with a Clan - make it public and edit the mission to 64 Players, and monitor (with ASM from Fred41 for example) how little the server has got to do, while ingame performance (server-FPS) drops and drops....and drops.

Once again - i am sure for most coop or whatever-players it will be okay with so little playercounts. But for ME (personally) i want to make/edit/host and play large scale PVP, which is STARTING at 64 players (while i hope to have 64 on every side) but this seems to be impossible at the current state. (diclaimer, yes i know its alpha blablah- i'm just saying again, they have to fix this core-problem).

*sigh*

Guys can you all do what is in your power which is to help the alpha running on windows so that when it is ported/developed on linux it will be a better solution instead of asking for some hacked up software just to run in on linux simply because you hate windows

irony, there is Linux A3server@WINE sticky in very same forum where we now, http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149892-ARMA-III-on-Linux-servers-via-WINE

i know, it is not the finely english style,.... but:

irony, that the important questions seems to stay unanswered ;)

(and thats not "win or linux-server!?" ...but "what is / will be the status with Server-FPS optimization?", just to make sure)

SCNR ;)

Please for god sake give a little priority to linux server support.

I agree, but we can only wait. I've so far resorted to the ugly hack of running it ontop of wine. but it's not so smooth to operate.