Dwarden

Dedicated server - status

They will tell you that you shouldn't have run a business based on a alpha, that is partially true.. the other face is that without those servers (and many other server run by the community), BIS would have deployed THEIR own servers (for money), so instead of saying: "thanks to help us to debug this using YOUR OWN MONEY" .. they are making our life harder trying to fight a war they have lost already (we cannot run multiple servers today, because they have tried to block the pirate copies.. but have failed: pirates are still pirating, while legit users [uS] are paying the price).

I have some problems logging into my dedicated server as admin.

When I join the server, it get's me to this screen:

1074102013050400002INDDY.png

When I try to login using #login it does not confirm that I'm logged in. Typing in #missions afterwards does not work as well. Happens since updating the server to 0.56. Anyone a clue?

Edited by Vincent_Edwards

I have some problems logging into my dedicated server as admin.

When I join the server, it get's me to this screen:

http://www.bilderload.com/bild/305538/1074102013050400002INDDY.png

When I try to login using #login it does not confirm that I'm logged in. Typing in #missions afterwards does not work as well. Happens since updating the server to 0.56. Anyone a clue?

sounds like your server.cfg isn't declared via -config=whateveryourconfigisnamed.cfg so as no mission loads by default you get that screen.

They will tell you that you shouldn't have run a business based on a alpha, that is partially true.. the other face is that without those servers (and many other server run by the community), BIS would have deployed THEIR own servers (for money), so instead of saying: "thanks to help us to debug this using YOUR OWN MONEY" .. they are making our life harder trying to fight a war they have lost already (we cannot run multiple servers today, because they have tried to block the pirate copies.. but have failed: pirates are still pirating, while legit users [uS] are paying the price).

Not really sure where you base your story on.. Is that really the intention BIS had? (sources?).

Here at MarkMods we managed to offer the ARMA 3 Alpha, even with this new patch introducing a weird limitation.

Looking forward to the patch which will undo this limitation, but in the meantime we just love ARMA 3 Alpha and will remain supporting it! :)

---------- Post added at 12:50 ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 ----------

Is there any ETA on being able to run more than one Arma 3 server on a dedicated server?

Even a very rough ETA would suffice!

No ETA known to us.

However, we as a GSP currently do not face any issues to offer ARMA 3 Alpha (latest patch).

Not really sure where you base your story on.. Is that really the intention BIS had? (sources?).

They known about it much time before applying it to the stable branch, since the failed modification they could have reverted the code until waiting for a proper fix (to the dedicated server), but instead they decided for the worse route.

we isolated the cause preventing multiple dedicated servers / OS instance and so far tested internally fix to the issue, atm. WIP for DEV branch, more details soon

we isolated the cause preventing multiple dedicated servers / OS instance and so far tested internally fix to the issue, atm. WIP for DEV branch, more details soon

That's some good news. Hope it goes as planned, that'll make a lot of people happy :)

Hello, does it means that a steam account is mandatory to run a dedicate server or the steam ports are used for something else?

If a Steam account is needed, where do we specify it? Can we run not-limited number of servers using a single account and at the same time running a client (game) as well?

Hello, does it means that a steam account is mandatory to run a dedicate server or the steam ports are used for something else?

If a Steam account is needed, where do we specify it? Can we run not-limited number of servers using a single account and at the same time running a client (game) as well?

No, for Dedicated Server You don't need the STEAMclient, at max you need steamCMD + STEAM account to obtain the files

No, for Dedicated Server You don't need the STEAMclient, at max you need steamCMD + STEAM account to obtain the files

Thank you, so after I've downloaded the game files, I don't need to "login" into steam anymore (if not to update those files). Correct? (i'm asking to know if I can leave the servers there without saving my steam account credentials on the machine).

Check here for more information as far as using SteamCMD; check here if you're interested in using dev build.

Hey Dwarden,

the devs and you seems to overlook a big issue.

A lot of mission builder and mod artisans are used a local dedicated and a two local clients to simulate a multiplay session and debug.

This is not possible anymore. There a people upset enough for quitting a further work for arma 3.

They are not willing to buy a second version of arma 3 to continue their work and there is a lot of potential going down the drain. Please think about the consequences.

Even devs of cba are angry enough to quit the work with arma 3.

I would like to see you finding a workaround.

And please correct me, if I'm wrong!

Edited by [LB] boggler

boggler;2393195']Hey Dwarden' date='

the devs and you seems to overlook a big issue.

A lot of mission builder and mod artisans are used a local dedicated and a two local clients to simulate a multiplay session and debug.

This is not possible anymore. There a people upset enough for quitting a further work for arma 3.

They are not willing to buy a second version of arma 3 to continue their work and there is a lot of potential going down the drain. Please think about the consequences.

Even devs of cba are angry enough to quit the work with arma 3.

I would like to see you finding a workaround.

And please correct me, if I'm wrong![/quote']

As said above, its fixed again in the latest dev version

That's great, wasn't sure if this regards several server on a local machine or several clients on a local dedicated. You have my apologies.

Dan;2393218']As said above' date=' its fixed again in the latest dev version[/quote']

I am pretty sure your wrong...

Boggler is talking about TWO CLIENTS... You can run two servers.. but not two clients... To run to clients you HAVE to buy another copy of the game .... and open a SECOND steam account... And I am pretty sure that you cant run them on the same PC because of having to use TWO steam accounts...

I hope they fix this soon as well because its BS that to get better MP performance you have to by a complete new copy of the game.. expecially since soon it will be over $60 for that copy just to run HC... I personally was in the middle of making a Headless client mission when they F'd it all up... I am pretty sure Xeno was pretty pissed as well.

But that being said i havent tried it recently ... So, I am about %75 sure that I am correct.. If I am not I am sure Ill be corrected..

Edited by Lordprimate

I am pretty sure your wrong...

Boggler is talking about TWO CLIENTS... You can run two servers.. but not two clients... To run to clients you HAVE to buy another copy of the game .... and open a SECOND steam account... And I am pretty sure that you cant run them on the same PC because of having to use TWO steam accounts...

I hope they fix this soon as well because its BS that to get better MP performance you have to by a complete new copy of the game.. expecially since soon it will be over $60 for that copy just to run HC... I personally was in the middle of making a Headless client mission when they F'd it all up... I am pretty sure Xeno was pretty pissed as well.

But that being said i havent tried it recently ... So, I am about %75 sure that I am correct.. If I am not I am sure Ill be corrected..

yeah i was wrong, thought he was on about 2 dedis since this is the dedi server thread...

Can we have a ETA (days? weeks?) of when the fixed (multiple instances) dedicated server will be implemented in the stable branch please?

Dan;2393436']yeah i was wrong' date=' thought he was on about 2 dedis since this is the dedi server thread...[/quote']

Its the dedi server thread where dwarden announced

* each instance of Client / Dedicated Client (both modes) needs unique STEAM account with the Arma 3 game ownership

This can risk any further development of mods like A.C.E or complex multiplayer missions. So noone should underestimate this.

I'm also sure about complaining at the right place because its about setting up a dedicated server/HC on a local machine and using different clients on the same time to hunt bugs.

there is workaround for such MP mission development,

1. start STEAM in offline mode , run Arma 3 Alpha, terminate STEAM

2. repeat 1.

join to LAN server

Thank you Dwarden, these changes are much appreciated :)

Anyone know what anti-cheats they will be using, and when?

BattlEye ftw - surley miss those remote options on the server :)