cross888

Possible Memory leak?

Was playing a multiplayer game with some friends about 10 of us and experienced some frame lag that seemed to get worse as time went on.

Task manger was saying taking up more and more memory?

Stand by for more info.

I agree,

We play 2 hours multi mission.... (3 players in cooperative)

About 1h30 i have loss of FPS. I think for memory leak.

I agree,

We play 2 hours multi mission.... (3 players in cooperative)

About 1h30 i have loss of FPS. I think for memory leak.

See this was my concern also we were stress testing and it was fine then we played a small mission afterwards COOP with some freinds

and my memory usage was climbing higher and higher. Kind of like back when ACE and ACRE had an issue with arma 2 about two years ago.

I don't have any evidence to support my theory right now so i'm not going to say its the game.

I'll just wait out, and test the shit out of the alpha before i jump to conclusions.

I've post on feedback tracker....

Just in case we've right ;)

I've first experienced it with cross888 in the same session, But I wanted to be sure about it before posting. Tonight, in a session with 8 players, I've experienced frame lag again, checked memory usage and it was climbing into obscene numbers (over 1.2GB of ram) then it ctd. It's only an alpha and maybe I should invest in better ram, but then again, I'm using the recommended 4gb.

I've first experienced it with cross888 in the same session, But I wanted to be sure about it before posting. Tonight, in a session with 8 players, I've experienced frame lag again, checked memory usage and it was climbing into obscene numbers (over 1.2GB of ram) then it ctd. It's only an alpha and maybe I should invest in better ram, but then again, I'm using the recommended 4gb.

Yeah i have no problem with frames and such but when i play a game that last a while i get frame lag even when were not in contact and all that.

and i check task manger and mine was climbing just like yours jay jay.

my specs in between rec and min.

I reccomend deleting all memory allocators in Arma 3\Dll. That will force arma 3 to use default operating system's allocatar which is usually better than the a3 default one. Not sure if this is the cause of it, but since i did it i have no more memory leaks.

I'm experiencing the same issue... After an hour of multiplayer gameplay I notice a gradual decay in FPS....

Can you please explain in more detail how you change the memory allocators for Arma 3?

Thanks

EDIT:

I found this in the readme file:

"The memory allocator is a very important component, which significantly affects both performance an stability of the game."

"If no allocator dll is found, functions _aligned_malloc / _aligned_free (using Windows Heap functions) are used as a fallback. Important note: the Windows 7 allocator seems to be quite good, and it may therefore make sense for some users to delete all custom allocators on Windows 7 or newer)."

Edited by AlexanderJ

thank you!

boosted my fps drastically, especially on wasteland, had horribly low fps at this gamemode in particular!

The way I always fix my memory leaks is either restart your game or PC and if that does not work validate your Arma 3 game files works everytime for me

The way I always fix my memory leaks is either restart your game or PC and if that does not work validate your Arma 3 game files works everytime for me

Nice, I'll get my time-machine out of the garage and go back in time 3 years to when this thread was relevant  :lol:

i got an memory crash today on zeus... and i was playing for about 1hr 30 mins 
only 4 people on the server... so its still there lol