Sign in to follow this  
Painless

ALT+ TAB Back to Desktop

I cant seem to Alt and tab back to desktop when in the Editor , does anyone else have this problem or is their another way around this ?

Works for me? I Alt Tab a lot to chat with the Wife on fb while I uhhh work... :D

I have had this to some times I can then some times I cant.

Same problem here, I can't Alt+Tab out of the game.

Wanted to try it because there's some talk about it being able to boost your FPS a little.

Indeed this is a very severe issue and needs to be fixed. Otherwise creating maps/scripts is absolutely impossible. You need to be able to switch to the desktop during the game (especially in editor mode).

In Arma 2 I used to switch to the desktop with Ctrl + ESC.

Doesn't work at all - neither in game nor in editor, so yeah, houston, we have a problem.

You can ALT-TAB, but only if Arma 3 is not the only application running. Try to open a folder window first and then run Arma 3. You can ALT-TAB :)

Also, you can CTR-ALT-DEL and run the application manager. Arma 3 will minimize.

You can ALT-TAB, but only if Arma 3 is not the only application running. Try to open a folder window first and then run Arma 3. You can ALT-TAB :)

Also, you can CTR-ALT-DEL and run the application manager. Arma 3 will minimize.

You've got the Steam client running too.

Alt-tab works for me in fullscreen without issues, win 7 64 bit.

Seriously.. I am ALT- Tabed right now while I play with the editor, It works, run the game as Full Windowed instead of full screen...

works like a charm on steam even with steam closed and only running in the process line.

i dont need to have something else to tab out to, can do it straight to the desktop.

even when i launch it with SIX, around steam, i can do it. (six launcher closes after connection setting is ON)

have you tried to run the game in fullscreen windowed mode?

Fullscreen windowed??? Not sure if serious.

lol yeah, @Derbysieger i dont think thats an option soldier...

Its like doing a brain surgery through ass. It shouldn't be like this. ArmA 2 alt-tabbing just fine without any magical dances with tambourine.

Its like doing a brain surgery through ass. It shouldn't be like this. ArmA 2 alt-tabbing just fine without any magical dances with tambourine.

You realize this is a 3 day old alpha right?

You realize this is a 3 day old alpha right?

Of course I do =). Its not lke I'm crying "DEVS RUINED TEH GAME BECAUSE ALT-TAB DOESN'T WORK" Just stating the fact that it doesn't work and I don't like to use some workarounds =).

Uh ..that is a option.

I sometimes cant Alt-Tab, and have to bring up the taskmanager then Alt-tab works. It happens on all games at times, sometimes it wont be a issue years on a game then its a issue for awhile. It is more than just A3, it is also your Win install Vid driver etc. But having another folder open is a 99% fix.

'Full Screen Windowed' is available from the menu in Editor at least, I use it.:D

Also must add, I have it set to a profile and a shortcut from desktop straight into the game as 'fullscreen windowed'.. Handy..

Edited by ChrisB

Yes, this worked for me, I just left a folder window opened, thanks for the tip.

You've got the Steam client running too.

Also this, but for some reason I couldn't do it.

Edited by Kernriver

As some others have mentioned, No issues at all on ALT-TABing in and out of game. That is on Win 7 64bit, with various things open in the background.

Chris

I have the same issue but running ARMAEdit at the same time seems to fix it.