Sign in to follow this  
Dragoon112

Arma 3 Alpha not launching

Hi when I press play on Steam the game doesn't launch, looking at the listing it shows syncing for a split second so i assume it starts then get's shut down immediately. Anyone else having this issue? I've looked on the Steam forum but they say to uninstall Zone Alarm which I don't have installed in the first place, also all my drivers are up to date so it isn't that either.

My Specs are:

AMD Phenom X4 3.4 ghz

Radeon HD 7770 GPU

4GB RAM

Running Windows 7 64bit

Well happened to me, but running the game from the desktop .... but to start it from the library if I load steam well. I think you should not worry keep trying to start

same thing here yesterday i played fine, now i have this problem, try to restart steam/your pc and select window mode.

Haven't got mine to load since 5 hours after the Alpha came out.

Haven't got mine to load since 5 hours after the Alpha came out.

Close all unnecesary software (fraps-msi afterburner-etc...)

Done that, aware of doing that. Problem is I don't have admin & the only thing I can think of which is preventing me from getting the Alpha to run is possibly ZA, which I can't do anything about without admin. Which I have no control over.

might be yeah. why you dont have admin privileges on your pc?

bought Ðрма3 Alpha Support Editoin

does not start

error 0xc000007b

please tell me what this error means?

error 0xc000007b

please tell me what this error means?

Generally just running chkdsk will fix this error. Its normally down to bad sectors on a failing hdd corrupting data.

If your hdd shows more than 1% errors get it replaced as its failing. If its just the odd soft error then full formatting. may solve the problem if chkdsk doesn't.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/53942-63-0xc000007b-error-windows

Note:

With my Nvidia card Arma3 works fine, my son is running ATI...and Arma3 does not work.

Hi when I press play on Steam the game doesn't launch, looking at the listing it shows syncing for a split second so i assume it starts then get's shut down immediately. Anyone else having this issue? I've looked on the Steam forum but they say to uninstall Zone Alarm which I don't have installed in the first place, also all my drivers are up to date so it isn't that either.

My Specs are:

AMD Phenom X4 3.4 ghz

Radeon HD 7770 GPU

4GB RAM

Running Windows 7 64bit

Radeon HD 7770 GPU here as well... Slightly better specs but I've seen some issues with Radeon lurking the forums as well (with no solutions)

And Zonealarm? Turning on the game mode to allow all traffic doesn't help ither.

Alpha being alpha... Ya think before players get a hold of something they'd test it on more than one system ye know?

Ok, so its confirmed anybody that finds this thread, ZoneAlarm seems to be the issue. And I mean you completly have to uninstall it. I've exited, killed the process for it and it wouldn't load.