Sign in to follow this  
astast

astast: WIP Thread

Is this one of your own projects or is it part of the SOC thread.

Nice boat astast, the shape looks really good.

Thanks mate :) there really wasn't any good blueprints out there :( but there was one low res though with sideview and topview so that is all i have been able to work off of. I wasn't sure if i should make the holes that goes all around the top of the sides due to the poly count but i made them anyway and it didn't impact the poly count too much :)

ohh i just realized what tipe of boat are u making... ACT of valor is one of my favourite.. :) and imagine astast boat attached to konyo CH-47 :D HELL YEAA

astast great work cant wait to be done!!!

At first I was like ah first page, no pictures and interesting stuff and next thing I know is me

being here on 19nth page.This thread is like oyster, nothing special on inside but inside is

as beutiful as pearl.Great work men, thanks for your hard work ; )

You thoughts on trousers?When will be possible to see them textured?

lol i know, i removed the first pictures since they were ugly compared to my current work :)

Regarding pants, they won't be showed anymore in this thread since they are now a joint project with other modders within this community we are over at the SOC mod thread if you are interested.

Thanks for heads up.

lol i know, i removed the first pictures since they were ugly compared to my current work :)

Regarding pants, they won't be showed anymore in this thread since they are now a joint project with other modders within this community we are over at the SOC mod thread if you are interested.

Oh really?

i94bmRHSbU98z.png

Looking back reminds me you owe me a beta test of a rifle too, haha.

Always nice to look back, as to not forget where you came from, particularly in your case were you've seem to become quite good in little less than 6 months...

Oh really?

http://i5.minus.com/i94bmRHSbU98z.png

Looking back reminds me you owe me a beta test of a rifle too, haha.

Always nice to look back, as to not forget where you came from, particularly in your case were you've seem to become quite good in little less than 6 months...

Haha that rifle pack won't be finished i was a little more than too ambitious when i started and weapons isn't my way of doing it :) I do hope i can delivre at least one beta of something. Note i said "Hope" :)

didn't think there were any old wip left out there for me to throw away i guess i was wrong, I might remake that helmet for the sake of Konyos mh-47 :P But thanks Scarecrow :)

Edited by astast

The ship looks really good ! Good job man !

The ship will have some camouflage or only ordinary colour ?

Thats a nice looking boat!

Thank you Sir, means a lot from a modeler such as yourself :)

The ship looks really good ! Good job man !

The ship will have some camouflage or only ordinary colour ?

it is only seen with woodland camo so VXR will texture it with woodland camo of course :)

Aha .... thank you for the reply :)

I can't wait ! :D

---------- Post added at 20:18 ---------- Previous post was at 20:05 ----------

Space (on the picture) is too small for the driver ... not ? :raisebrow:

Edited by [CSLA]LUKI

Aha .... thank you for the reply :)

I can't wait ! :D

---------- Post added at 20:18 ---------- Previous post was at 20:05 ----------

Space (on the picture) is too small for the driver ... not ? :raisebrow:

A higher detail blueprint is in hands of Astast, along with a few photos of the cabin in detail.

So I assume it will be made as it shows on those and the screenshot is pre receiving the photos.

http://gyazo.com/4f1554ef34cce9a8aa1a8c617a839c0e.png

Hgu-56/p helmet the mount and nvg's are made by jefferspang they were just added for showcase. The helmet needs many extra details and also of course textures :) some might be able to see what helmet it is already :)

Edited by astast

Yea that is the angle i spend litteraly hours on this which really is a life sucking bitch i will post another picture with a side view when i get onto my pc :)

On another note does anyone know what vest and uniforms the army helicopter pilots uses?

*EDIT*

http://gyazo.com/6c1bfde40cde8b6ee871aff36c0097c2 here is a direct sideview i think it's okay or should it be bigger?

Edited by astast

Yea that is the angle i spend litteraly hours on this which really is a life sucking bitch i will post another picture with a side view when i get onto my pc :)

On another note does anyone know what vest and uniforms the army helicopter pilots uses?

*EDIT*

http://gyazo.com/6c1bfde40cde8b6ee871aff36c0097c2 here is a direct sideview i think it's okay or should it be bigger?

I think it depends on the AO.

I recall pilots back in Iraq having vests that would run cooled water through them to take away heat.

I also recall seeing pilots in both one piece flight suits in tan (That photo is actually 'Elvis' Wallcot, Pilot of Super 6-1, shot down in Somalia) and OD and regular two piece uniforms, both in UCP and Multicam, though likely with flame retardant material.

As for Vests, that seems to be hard to find, though i have seen both Aussie and British pilots with Multicam/UCP versions rather than said countries camouflage so the manufacture's might be limited.

I think it depends on the AO.

I recall pilots back in Iraq having vests that would run cooled water through them to take away heat.

I also recall seeing pilots in both one piece flight suits in tan (That photo is actually 'Elvis' Wallcot, Pilot of Super 6-1, shot down in Somalia) and OD and regular two piece uniforms, both in UCP and Multicam, though likely with flame retardant material.

As for Vests, that seems to be hard to find, though i have seen both Aussie and British pilots with Multicam/UCP versions rather than said countries camouflage so the manufacture's might be limited.

Thanks for that info however i don't think army helicopter pilots still use the one piece flight suit i did find a picture of some pilots in a uniform that looked like a standard acu but it wasn't an acu it was a special pilot version it had ucp camo btw. i assume the current soar units have the same uniform as the the other army pilots?

*EDIT*

Yeah that looks ok to me mate, now you can see it, but i'm no pilot helmet expert :p

With that last point in mind I think your looking for the A2CU uniform, it's the two-piece flight suit.

I'm sure someone will clear it up for you though :D

Nice work mate.

We've had a bespoke aircrew uniform in MTP for a while (it looks quite different to the standard PCS soldier uniform) but the UK only just got aircrew vests in Multicam/MTP to match the uniforms. The MoD recently got some plate carriers designed by Eagle Industries especially for our aircrews (shown in the first few mins of

). Prior to that an armoured life-preserver in desert DPM was the standard aircrew vest for us.

I was doing some research on the above vest for StalkerGB but did a bit of reading into what the US Army use in the process of gathering info on the new UK kit.

The Yanks have a uniform and vest system called "Air Warrior" IIRC. It was originally in UCP but they seem to have rolled out the kit in Multicam/OCP as well now. AFAIK it comprises of the HGU helmet, A2CU uniform, flexible BALCS-type body armour and a survival vest/harness referred to as PSGC.

Pics of the various elements are available here:

http://kurononoheya.militaryblog.jp/c26702.html

I think I read somewhere that pilots don't wear back plates in the body armour element because their seats are armoured, but crew-chiefs, gunners etc wear the full ensemble with that face shield on the helmet (the UK has started giving door-gunners those sorts of face shields on the new aircrew helmets too - but they're by a different manufacturer)

SOAR probably have something different but I didn't really come across any info about them while looking what was on the market for aircrews to wear.

Thanks for that info i also have an idea that SOAR uses something else than the PSGC like a plate carrier i guess i will need to go hunting :P